dvs73
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer...thanks for the link anyway.
Old 08-31-21, 09:18 PM
PNWRacer
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 25 Posts

The last time I had my 2016 in for on-warranty service the service writer tried to debate this with: He asserted that it would always start in whatever screen it was left.

With mine that's true for every screen except the home screen. Seems like bad programming, and that's the way it is.
Old 09-11-21, 01:24 PM
shep6924
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Did replacing the SD card resolve your issue?

Originally Posted by MGH
thanks for your help
I was doing some work on my 15 GX and the radio has a blank screen as well. Reverse camera works, but nothing else. Did replacing the sim resolve your issue?
Attached Files

Last edited by shep6924; 09-11-21 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Wrong term
Old 09-13-21, 06:28 AM
nzvlnr
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Navigation problems+repairs

2014 GX460
- Is there a repair shop that is not the dealer that can fix navigation issues?
I just purchased the gx and I knew the navigation did not work. I wanted to know if there is a reputable shop that can repair it. I can remove the unit and send it out.
The issue is, the car shows me in southern California when I am in northern Caifornia. It is not picking up my location.

THANK YOU!!
Old 09-13-21, 08:05 AM
ASE
Pole Position

Received 1,028 Likes on 686 Posts

Google Maps ... save your money.
Old 09-13-21, 08:19 AM
nzvlnr
Rookie

I hear ya, I just want to see if I can get it fixed without paying dealer prices. I also notice the volume turns and down slightly on it's own?? WHat the...?
BLOWS that this broke after 7 years!?#&*@

Last edited by nzvlnr; 09-13-21 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-14-21, 09:35 AM
nzvlnr
Rookie

Lexus GX460 2014-2021 Touch GROM VLine VL2 Infotainment System Upgrade Video Interface CarPlay Android Auto (gromaudio.com)

Does anyone have any experience with this unit?
Old 09-19-21, 07:50 AM
nzvlnr
Rookie

So, I jumped in the GX last night, have not driven it much since we bought it on 9/8/21 as it needed a wax job and detailing. As I posted earlier the navigation was not working as the GPS could not locate the vehicle, it would show us like 890 miles away in another city. Last night fired it up and the GPS was working, put in an address and it showed us in the right location and walked us to our destination.....So what the hell is going on ??? Lexus already did the diagnostic with the previous owner and just said it is the antenna or the main unit.....strange....

Old 09-19-21, 09:15 AM
bob58
Driver

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by nzvlnr
So, I jumped in the GX last night, have not driven it much since we bought it on 9/8/21 as it needed a wax job and detailing. As I posted earlier the navigation was not working as the GPS could not locate the vehicle, it would show us like 890 miles away in another city. Last night fired it up and the GPS was working, put in an address and it showed us in the right location and walked us to our destination.....So what the hell is going on ??? Lexus already did the diagnostic with the previous owner and just said it is the antenna or the main unit.....strange....
I have no idea what is going on with your specific GX or why the dealer was not able to identify or fix the problem for the previous owner.

One possibility is that if a GPS receiver does not have a valid almanac due to being moved a large distance (like fro south CA to North CA), being factory reset or sitting for an extended period of time, it can take up to 12.5 minutes to build the almanac and then find its location, called Time To First Fix. The older the GPS design the longer it can take. If your unit functions normally from now on, I'd chalk it up to that and be happy. If not, you may have an intermittent antenna issue that was preventing an updated fix.

Last edited by bob58; 09-19-21 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-25-21, 09:16 AM
nzvlnr
Rookie

Default navigation default screen

Is there a way to get the navigation screen to NOT default back to the screen that is displayed? It does not work so when I am driving listening to the radio it defualts back toa broken nav screen
Old 10-25-21, 10:54 AM
virtualpj
Rookie

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nzvlnr
Is there a way to get the navigation screen to NOT default back to the screen that is displayed? It does not work so when I am driving listening to the radio it defualts back toa broken nav screen
There's no way to make the default something other than the Nav screen, BUT, there is a setting where you can keep it from defaulting to anything (resulting in it just being the last screen you were on). It's in the nav settings somewhere...don't recall where, but the owners manual has it detailed.
Old 10-25-21, 11:34 AM
PNWRacer
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by virtualpj
there is a setting where you can keep it from defaulting to anything.
That works if you leave it anywhere *except* the custom home screen. For whatever reason the software people decided that if you leave it on Home it should start up on Nav.
Old 11-09-21, 08:53 AM
Maskvich
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gussiedup3
My SD card is not working. I took it out and put it back in and now not working. Do I need to replace it?
did you ever get it working? My unit is not reading the SD card
Old 11-10-21, 05:11 PM
bob58
Driver

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Beware the Enform App "update".

I have a 2017 GX460 Luxury and use the Lexus Enform App Suite daily for iHeart Radio, Alexa, saved destinations and (rarely) sports scores.

It has always been a bit clunky and took some getting used to but it did work. This morning I noticed that there was an app update available in the iOS App Store which I applied. I tested the app before starting my truck and everything seemed normal. Once I started my truck I opened the app to enable listening to iHeart radio and I was presented with a dialog box stating that there was a new version of the app available and offered an "OK" option and a "Download" option. I (foolishly) clicked Download and the new "LEXUS" app downloaded and opened on my phone, breaking all functionality of the Enform App Suite despite it claiming that the new app was required to continue using the app suite.

After clicking download, the old Enform App ceased to function with a dialog box stating to use the "LEXUS" app to continue using the app suite with no ability to change but after signing in and applying my VIN on the new LEXUS app, nothing worked. I could view my vehicle information, and service history, but no data or app functions were even visible, never mind functional.

After I got home, I delete both apps, I redownloaded the old Lexus Enform App, signed in and I'm back up and running. again. The downside is the every time I open the app I am now faced with the "Download" the new app and "OK" button choice. But at least I can still use the old app...for now anyway.

Quick Reply: 2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates