GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-23, 06:28 PM
mike202
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Lexus App Suite Sunset

The Lexus app suite is being retired across the model lineup. The link provides the date for discontinuation of "On or around October 30, 2023" but mine is no longer working (2014 GX).

https://support.lexus.com/s/article/...ite-Retirement

Last edited by mike202; 10-04-23 at 06:29 PM. Reason: spelling error
The following users liked this post:
Golden99 (10-07-23)
Old 10-05-23, 04:35 AM
tntcandy
Intermediate

Received 230 Likes on 139 Posts

Only used the app while the free trial was available, but did not find any reason to pay for it.
I installed the BeatSonic CarPlay unit as the first mod when we got the GX, best decision ever.
The following 2 users liked this post by tntcandy:
FOGeologist (10-05-23), Golden99 (10-07-23)
Old 10-10-23, 03:41 PM
mallcrawler
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio/nav console issue (HELP)

Hello, I recently acquired a 2016 GX 460 Premium 71k. First time poster. During the sale process the (non Lexus) dealership issued me a “we owe you” a new unit because it appeared to be faulty/glitchy and most of the time stuck in some sort of reboot phase or completely blank. Part comes in, schedule install, go to appointment, install it = still not working. After a short discussion we agreed to have it sent to a local Lexus dealer to hopefully successfully repair it (selling dealership agreed to pay). I don’t even know what I’m asking but, wth. Has anyone experienced something similar? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.
-end rant, Paul
Old 10-12-23, 05:52 AM
gnavarrete
6th Gear

Default Lexus App Suite going Away

According to Lexus, starting on October 31, 2023, the Lexus App Suite will no longer work. I used this to plan trips on my phone thru the app and send destinations to the GX. Any ideas on alternatives? Comments? Etc.?
Old 10-14-23, 11:22 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by gnavarrete
According to Lexus, starting on October 31, 2023, the Lexus App Suite will no longer work. I used this to plan trips on my phone thru the app and send destinations to the GX. Any ideas on alternatives? Comments? Etc.?
Old 11-21-23, 09:08 AM
Tandra
1st Gear

Default 2019 GX Infotainment Glitches

Hello,
Does anyone have the solution to the infotainment cutting off and rebooting itself? I was in driving to a place I've never been, using the GPS for directions and the infotainment stopped, went black and rebooted itself, loosing the directions to my destination. I have taken it in to Lexus of Bellevue three times, they have reset it, deleted all information and it will still go out. I have contacted Toyota Inc and they reached out to Lexus of Bellevue and LOB said "They don't know what the problem is because they can't duplicate it while it's there." Toyota Inc is saying until LOB can duplicate the issue to fix it nothing can be done.

Has anyone had this issue and had it solved? If so, what was done to fix it?
I'm sure I'm not the first person with a Lexus GX that has this problem, which is why I don't understand why they don't know how to fix the situation.
Old 11-22-23, 07:29 PM
John00
Racer

Received 371 Likes on 282 Posts

plenty can be done, they can start the process in their manual as if it is powered but not working. they just dont want to start swapping parts without knowing for sure it will fix.
The following users liked this post:
RealMenDIY (11-23-23)
Old 12-07-23, 08:55 AM
Eddiespag
2nd gear

Default XM radio has sudden, uncontrollable, maximum volume increase

My radio problem is sudden, incontrollable volume increase. It happened one time to me. I think it may have happened to the previous owner because he did replace the entire navigation/audio unit. This sudden, uncontrollable volume increase put me and my wife in a very dangerous situation. We were travelling on I40 at 75mph in the left lane and I had to fight my way over to the shoulder to shut the car off. I shut the car off and on twice to finally be able to turn off the radio. This sudden increase to max volume scared us, fightebed the dog and I think ruined the speajer. Unfortunately, to address and fix my problem would require analyzing the entire audio/nav unit and examining the speakers. There must be more information on this topic.
I did take this to the dealer. The staff were kind and courteous. The appointment started on time. The techs did the best they could with my problem. However, my radio problem was not addressed thoroughly.
Old 12-07-23, 09:34 AM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 862 Likes on 597 Posts

I don't see what year GX you have. Here are the 3 infotainment threads for specific years to look over.

2010-2013
2014-2021
2022-2023

Old 12-07-23, 09:45 AM
Eddiespag
2nd gear

My model is 2015 GX460.
Old 12-07-23, 02:00 PM
tbrasuell
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Tandra
Hello,
Does anyone have the solution to the infotainment cutting off and rebooting itself? I was in driving to a place I've never been, using the GPS for directions and the infotainment stopped, went black and rebooted itself, loosing the directions to my destination. I have taken it in to Lexus of Bellevue three times, they have reset it, deleted all information and it will still go out. I have contacted Toyota Inc and they reached out to Lexus of Bellevue and LOB said "They don't know what the problem is because they can't duplicate it while it's there." Toyota Inc is saying until LOB can duplicate the issue to fix it nothing can be done.

Has anyone had this issue and had it solved? If so, what was done to fix it?
I'm sure I'm not the first person with a Lexus GX that has this problem, which is why I don't understand why they don't know how to fix the situation.
I am having this problem currently. 2015 Luxury. Im taking it to the dealer as I still have 6 months left of my CPO extended warranty.
I will let you know what I find out.
Old 12-10-23, 11:22 AM
John00
Racer

Received 371 Likes on 282 Posts

memory issues are one potential root cause. this is why you see it more on newer versions that dont have the hdd.
tesla had a similar issue, too many write cycles on the chip.
bad FW can also cause either memory management or write issues.
Old 04-07-24, 07:07 PM
lingram
3rd Gear

Default Audio randomly quits making sound

I’m back with another question about my 2018 GX (63,000 miles). I noticed the other day the music randomly stopped. I have Sirius radio so I thought maybe it was the signal going out but the buttons on the display weren’t working either. I tried FM radio which also didn’t work. No sound was playing at all. It came back on after a minute or two. It has since done this a few times. Could it just be a fuse? Or any ideas to fix it? My husband is fairly handy with cars but obviously I would go to a professional if it was something complex. Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-18-24, 12:15 PM
SilverScott
1st Gear

Default 2015 GX touch screen issue

Hey folks ,
New to the board and seeking help as surprising as that may be. We bought a 2015 460 last year about 113k miles now and had our first problem pop up. The touch screen only runs while we are in reverse. I updated the software and 2 days later it did it again. Anyone else had this issue and if so what was your cure?

Thanks
Old 05-28-24, 11:27 AM
hcareywalker
1st Gear

Angry 2016 GX460 Satellite Radio "No Signal"

Bought recently, 2016 GX460, 88k miles. Battery disconnected/swapped just before purchase. Tried with Sirius/XM to start subscription, and no signal. Repeatedly reset by Sirius/XM and same result. Dealership confirmed the signal is received but from "only" 3 satellites and it apparently takes minimum of 8...not sure if this is true. Anyway, dealership charged about $300 for diagnostics, told me the antennae was fine but same result. Any ideas? Replacement of OEM is 3-4000!! The am, fm, nav and climate all work fine.

Quick Reply: 2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates