Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please someone help!!! me
Old 05-05-16, 06:17 AM
CAWjr
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Minor annoyances with the radio presets

I have all my presets set up on my radio & blocked together. Satellite music channels, then satellite sports channels, satellite news channels, then local terrestrial radio, then satellite sport game specific channels (SEC/PGA/MLB/NFL).

Tuning through these presets on the steering wheel goes opposite common logic. to go from preset 1 through 5, you would think to press the up arrow. Instead, you press the down arrow to go through these (it follows the top-down way the presets are laid out on the screen rather than the sequential numeric order). However, when using the up/down buttons on the center console just above the storage area, the arrows do the opposite. Up cycles from 1 to 5 while down follows the way the presets are laid out on the screen. Does anyone know why these are laid out like this?

Another mild annoyance is when I tune off of a station that is a preset. Since Prince died, there is a station dedicated to just his music that I have been listening to, but it is not a preset. When I'm on a non-preset channel and then press the preset up/down buttons on the steering wheel, it jumps to what seems to be a random preset. Not the first one, or the last one I was on. It seems like it jumps to a random one. Does anyone know the logic behind how the radio jumps you back into the presets?

EDIT: This is a 2016 Premium with a non-ML radio & nav

Last edited by CAWjr; 05-05-16 at 06:23 AM.
Old 05-05-16, 01:27 PM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Nkoch11
please someone help!!! me
I have a 2015 GX. My vehicle has the same card what you have. I just pulled it and took a picture of that. I would try installing the card again or the card may be defective.
Attached Thumbnails 2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems,  Questions, Updates-img_2916.jpg  
Old 05-05-16, 03:21 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 862 Likes on 597 Posts

I remember this coming up. I had to dig deep, but here you go.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...m-presets.html
Old 05-05-16, 11:03 PM
Nkoch11
Driver School Candidate

what does it mean defective? i bought from dealer card and i think my card also new.
Old 05-06-16, 03:49 AM
11GX460
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Since you bought your car in the USA, the maps on that card, etc. were probably pre-loaded with North America info. 16 gb is not enough to hold the entire world's map, along with all the points of interest, etc. Try seeing if a card from a Lexus dealer in Russia will work; it might even have a different serial number, if those cards are indeed tied to the region where Lexus sells the vehicle. Keep in mind that may not work either, unless you can change the language on your Navigation to Russian. Otherwise, just use Google Maps on your phone, like me. Good luck.
Old 05-06-16, 03:54 AM
Nkoch11
Driver School Candidate

yes i know navigation willnot work in my country i want to use sd card for memory (maintance parts,music etc) as i know sd card isnot only map ot is also memory for car
Old 05-06-16, 06:48 AM
CAWjr
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Gotcha. Seems there is some consistency with eht steering wheel controls. I just hate that the up/down arrows have opposite meaning between the wheel & the center console.

Oh well, if that's the biggest issue I ever have with the GX, I'll be happy!
Old 05-06-16, 01:36 PM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Nkoch11
yes i know navigation willnot work in my country i want to use sd card for memory (maintance parts,music etc) as i know sd card isnot only map ot is also memory for car
For your music, you wont use navigation card. You use regular card which can be plugged in any of the two usb slots on the right side next to 12 v power outlet. The navigation card is for that hidden slot which is on the left side. This slot is exclusively for the map / navigation card

When you take your navigation card out, the screen gives the message that "SD card not detected". So if you are not getting this message, then obviously its reading the card but since there is no matching maps for that location, its blacked out

Last edited by sfuad; 05-06-16 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-11-16, 02:03 AM
meghlaa
Driver School Candidate

Have u got solved.......!!!!!!
Old 07-21-16, 12:33 PM
ejn184
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to set up text msg on nav system?

Anyone done any text message receiving on nav system on gx460?
Old 07-21-16, 12:41 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes, if you have an I Phone, go to settings/Bluetooth. When you see your GX on the device list, touch the I next to it and turn notifications on, it will light up green and you're good to go.
Old 07-22-16, 05:44 AM
clickart
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Navigation restart/freeze on 15' GX

I'm just wondering if anybody has any navigation issues such as freeze or restart by itself on a 15' GX? In the past 2 years, I probably had about 2-3 times where the navigation froze or restarted by itself. I was thinking about taking it to the dealer but it's 65 miles away. If people on this forum never experienced this issue, then I will definitely take it to the dealer.
Old 07-22-16, 05:48 AM
pinoyesv6
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

mine did that a few months ago. it restarted itself twice during a 2 day period. It never did it since so I didn't bother taking it in.
Old 07-22-16, 05:23 PM
cc4sc
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's happened to me maybe 2x in the last 8 months. I never made it a big deal and it always worked itself out...but since I brought the car into routine service 2 days ago, I told the service rep of this and he said it might be due to a missed update. He had the service tech look into it and did confirm I missed at least one update. He said it should be all good now. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Quick Reply: 2014-2021 Radio/Infotainment/Navigation - Issues, Problems, Questions, Updates