GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Horsepower?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-20, 04:59 AM
ckRipley
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one on my jeep and it worked great so I purchased for my GX. I find any setting above city mode is to responsive, I use city -2 and it's my preferred sweet spot. It really does feel like you're getting more power on takeoff even though you're not. I like the product and would probably buy again.
Old 11-25-20, 07:51 AM
lionsfan54
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

I love mine. It took care of two big gripes I had about my GX460

1. On the highway, with cruise control on, sometimes it would rev too hard/fast to gain you just a few mph. Especially when hitting "resume". There's no need to tach out to 5,500 RPM just go get me from 65 mph to 75 mph. With the commander installed and "dialed back" it now accelerates with cruise control at a more normal pace

2. The jumpy throttle from a stop or a rolling stop. If you slowed to an almost stop and then took off again, it was very hard to smoothly do so. Head whipped passengers seemed to be an issue! So, once I got my commander I dialed it back from stock just a few notches and now the pedal response is linear from 0 - 100%.
Old 12-07-20, 04:04 PM
tipsytopsy
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm trying to install the pedal commander but can't find any way to get the plug off the accelerator. There is no room to even look on the top side of it (where the press hook is).. and i cannot seem to find a way to press the hook to take off the plug without taking the black plastic cover off (which seems to be tricky as well).. any ideas anyone?
Old 12-07-20, 04:06 PM
klinquist
Pit Crew

Received 104 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by tipsytopsy
I'm trying to install the pedal commander but can't find any way to get the plug off the accelerator. There is no room to even look on the top side of it (where the press hook is).. and i cannot seem to find a way to press the hook to take off the plug without taking the black plastic cover off (which seems to be tricky as well).. any ideas anyone?
you take the black piece off. Single screw in front then pull down.
Old 12-07-20, 04:11 PM
tipsytopsy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by klinquist
you take the black piece off. Single screw in front then pull down.
Thanks.. i did take the screw off but some internal hooks or push pins seem to be holding it there. Pulled a little but didnt move. Too cold outside so keep coming back after trying small things..lol.
Old 12-07-20, 04:15 PM
klinquist
Pit Crew

Thanks.. i did take the screw off but some internal hooks or push pins seem to be holding it there. Pulled a little but didnt move. Too cold outside so keep coming back after trying small things..lol.
Yep, there are plastic friction clips. Just pull it down from the front. One on each side. It will pop down then you can pull it out.
Old 12-07-20, 04:19 PM
tipsytopsy
Pit Crew

Yep, there are plastic friction clips. Just pull it down from the front. One on each side. It will pop down then you can pull it out.
Thank you.. appreciate your reply! Will venture out again after feeding the toddler. Btw - love your rig and the bumper and slider work you did.. always love the blue color when someone posts a pic, but then always chicken out and buy a boring gray color on all my cars.
Old 12-07-20, 04:20 PM
klinquist
Pit Crew

Thank you.. appreciate your reply! Will venture out again after feeding the toddler. Btw - love your rig and the bumper and slider work you did.. always love the blue color when someone posts a pic, but then always chicken out and buy a boring gray color on all my cars.
hah thanks . I started a FB group called “GX owners against bland colored GXs” 🤣
The following users liked this post:
tipsytopsy (12-07-20)
Old 12-07-20, 06:28 PM
tipsytopsy
Pit Crew

Pedal Commander is awesome and I get that there is a point of the City, Sport and Sport + modes ( but not sure why will they just not give a 30 point dial as opposed to these modes and then the steps).

What would the eco mode be used for in an already sluggish car which goes even more slugging in eco mode? They say it would improve mileage, but probably at expense of blood pressure medicine by accelerating even slower than the stock one.
Old 12-07-20, 06:30 PM
klinquist
Pit Crew

What would the eco mode be used for in an already sluggish car which goes even more slugging in eco mode? They say it would improve mileage, but probably at expense of blood pressure medicine by accelerating even slower than the stock one.
Offroading or extremely low traction situations where you want the throttle to be as insensitive as possible.
MrTorgue (12-09-20)
Old 12-07-20, 06:33 PM
tipsytopsy
Pit Crew

Offroading or extremely low traction situations where you want the throttle to be as insensitive as possible.
Ah.. makes sense. Thanks!
Old 12-08-20, 09:30 AM
ASE
Pole Position

Received 1,033 Likes on 690 Posts

hah thanks . I started a FB group called “GX owners against bland colored GXs” 🤣
Could not agree more ... for the past 15 years 85% of all cars are White, Black, Silver or some shade of Gray ... made even worse by everyone driving pretend "SUV's" that are all trying to look exactly the same.
MrTorgue (12-09-20)
Old 12-10-20, 06:51 PM
MrTorgue
Advanced

Received 343 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by ASE
Could not agree more ... for the past 15 years 85% of all cars are White, Black, Silver or some shade of Gray ... made even worse by everyone driving pretend "SUV's" that are all trying to look exactly the same.
I'd join the anti-bland group but her 470 is white and my 460 is black. BUT, we went in to this knowing we were eventually going to get it raptor/herculiner/monstaliner coated another color. I'm going OD Green on my 460 and the wife on her 470 is going for a charcoal grey with some red contrasting colors on some of the other exterior trim bits. But yea, so many white and black on the road for both 470 and 460... Kinda hard to find another color. I almost bought a green 470 but I just didn't like the frame rail corrosion, ripped dash or how tired it felt when test driving it.
Old 12-11-20, 01:57 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,654 Likes on 2,392 Posts

Saw this graphic linked on GXOR

https://pedalcommander.com/blogs/new...edal-commander

Old 12-11-20, 01:59 PM
klinquist
Pit Crew

I ended up selling mine. Even in the "negative" city modes, it made the car too jumpy off the line. It's something I had to tell others who drove my car, which is something I hate .
If it tied into CANBUS so that it could use speed as one of the inputs on its "multiplier", it would be a winner for me. Make it ramp up gradually from 0mph to 10mph

Quick Reply: Horsepower?