GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Thinking about a GX

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-18, 06:50 AM
Wadle5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by php
All, just an update. I pulled the trigger this past Friday. At the end I decided to go with the 14. I did a PPI and two things were discovered: Transfer case leak and need brakes. The car was brought to Lexus and got the leak repaired before I agreed to buy(still under original warranty for 3 more weeks), and the Ford dealer where I bought it from agreed to do the brakes. Even though I believe I can't go wrong with either buying new or this one, I'm happy with my choice. I drove it a good 200 miles this weekend and it's very quiet, comfortable but still feels rock solid, just what I was looking for. The only thing is gas mileage....oh my I would need a month or two to get used to this....it's much worse than even my 911!

Oh and I finally understood why many have been complaining about the cupholders. During this weekend I already somehow broke one of them! One of the tips snapped and fell in. They do seem very fragile....any advice on how to get it fixed, OEM or something better, and roughly the cost associated with it?

But still satisfied with purchase! Here's a quick picture shortly after driving off the lot. Hope this truck can last me a long time. Thanks all for the useful information and I look forward to contribute in the future.

Awesome choice and congratulations on the new to you vehicle! Can I ask what you are seeing for mileage currently with your new vehicle?

Old 07-03-18, 06:50 AM
php
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

44k miles. Right about average. Looking for ways to preserve the perfect seats. The original owner definitely is a lot more careful than I am.