Received 3,641 Likes on 2,385 Posts

@CFAI How many current miles?
Old 07-17-23, 10:41 PM
CFAI
Advanced

Received 320 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad
@CFAI How many current miles?
@Acrad 2013 MY (but made in Dec 2012) with just over 100k miles, maybe 101K or something. I can confirm when I pick it up tomorrow and get pricing/cost if it was not under warranty. Also they are replacing my droopy driver's side sun visor!
Old 07-18-23, 03:35 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,385 Posts

How close are you to CPO warranty expiration?

While they are in there you might see about having them replace belt, water pump, hoses, etc.

The parts aren't that much in comparison to the labor.
Old 07-18-23, 06:20 AM
xychromo
Intermediate

Received 197 Likes on 114 Posts

100k seems to be the magical number for this issue!
The following users liked this post:
ASE (07-20-23)
Old 07-18-23, 06:20 AM
CFAI
Advanced

Originally Posted by Acrad
How close are you to CPO warranty expiration?

While they are in there you might see about having them replace belt, water pump, hoses, etc.

The parts aren't that much in comparison to the labor.
I have about 13 more months.
*edit: Service tech didn't think I needed to replace anything. Says everything looks fine and that the hoses very rarely need replacing. Say water pump looks fine as well - so I am not going to push it.
*edit edit : They called and Looks like transmission coolant hose or something looks a little cracked. So I guess some of the hoses do need replacing. They need to order and will replace it as part of the job.

Last edited by CFAI; 07-18-23 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-19-23, 05:04 PM
CFAI
Advanced

Update: They fixed it - I guess it would have been around $1200-$1500 for the job if I had to pay. But get this, when I go to pick it up I notice an inch and half scratch/gouge in the front bumper. To make it worse there is touch up paint on it! The service center put a gouge in my bumper, tried to cover it up with touch up paint, didn't tell anyone and hoped that I wouldn't notice until I took it home. Oh hell no. Esp since they did such a crap job of it. What a stupid thing to do to lose the trust of customer. If they just told me, and then properly fixed it after consulting with me, then no big deal. Accidents happen. Service advisor was surprised, apologetic, and promised to make it right. I was explicit that it had to be perfect. So rather than driving it home, I am in a 2023 GX Prem + loaner. I attached a pick of the scratch/gouge

Old 07-20-23, 09:10 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 737 Likes on 520 Posts

Hopefully they give you a fair resolution. Either adequate compensation or a proper repair. Keep us posted!
Old 07-20-23, 09:33 AM
CFAI
Advanced

Originally Posted by Romanova
Hopefully they give you a fair resolution. Either adequate compensation or a proper repair. Keep us posted!
Will do. I like having a single shop do the work for history/relationship/accountability sake, and I believe loyalty is two way - both the provider and the customer, so I like to give everyone a chance to make things right. but I don't know about this dealership now. For me it isn't that they damaged the bumper (prob the radiator slip when coming out/going in) - that stuff happens in a working shop. Just let me know and we can then figure out what the best course of action will be to correct it. Its that someone in the shop tried to cover it up so that it would look like it was already there (IOW I had done it) that really is a HUGE deal to me. Trust is so important - its so stupid and false economy.
Old 07-22-23, 01:46 PM
Uscray
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator replacement problems

So I finally noticed the radiator of my 2016 GX leaking at the same spot everyone has mentioned under the upper inlet hose. I had the local Toyota dealership do the replacement since it is less than 2 miles from my house and they frequently do our routine oil changes instead of going to the Lexus dealership. The day after we picked up the GX my wife noticed a puddle of coolant after coming out of the grocery store. The upper inlet hose had popped off. We take it back to Toyota and they make sure the hose is connected properly. The day after picking it up the same thing happened again. The tech tells us the hose is attached properly and can’t be pulled off but when the GX is run and brought up to temp he can pull the upper inlet hose off the radiator with very little effort. They have ordered a new Lexus OEM radiator and new hoses to see if the replacements were defective. Has anyone experienced anything like this with the radiator repair?
Old 07-25-23, 05:28 AM
CFAI
Advanced

Originally Posted by CFAI
Update: They fixed it - I guess it would have been around $1200-$1500 for the job if I had to pay. But get this, when I go to pick it up I notice an inch and half scratch/gouge in the front bumper. To make it worse there is touch up paint on it! The service center put a gouge in my bumper, tried to cover it up with touch up paint, didn't tell anyone and hoped that I wouldn't notice until I took it home. Oh hell no. Esp since they did such a crap job of it. What a stupid thing to do to lose the trust of customer. If they just told me, and then properly fixed it after consulting with me, then no big deal. Accidents happen. Service advisor was surprised, apologetic, and promised to make it right. I was explicit that it had to be perfect. So rather than driving it home, I am in a 2023 GX Prem + loaner. I attached a pick of the scratch/gouge

Got car back yesterday - bumper fixed and looks great, much better than when I first dropped it off. They also polished the headlights that were starting to haze up from oxidation. Service manager also apologized again.

Last edited by CFAI; 07-25-23 at 05:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Uscray (07-25-23)
Old 07-25-23, 05:52 AM
Uscray
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine turned out to be either a defective upper inlet hose or Lexus sent them the wrong hose. The technician said the opening of the first hose was about 2 -3 mm larger than the replacement hose. So far no leaks, so hopefully this has us fixed up until we get the inevitable valley leak.