GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Intuitive Parking Assist & sensor questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-16, 02:27 PM
CarGX460
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGreen13
I've got the drivers support package on my luxury and do have the options you see in the manual.
Thanks BigGreen13 for sharing this info. Looks like you are one of lucky few who got their hands on a Luxury with the DSP package. That is definitely a bit of a bummer for me to know this now. I thought it could have been a feature reserved for the Canada models.
Anyway, at the time of my 2016 model purchase, I could not find a single DSP equipped model in the whole CA (or with the paint and leather colors I wanted). I think they may have found one in FL. The sales guy said or I could custom order which would have taken 4-6 months. And getting one of these 2 choices would not have given me any discount.
And they had such good deals at that time, so I had to settle down (so to speak :-) ) for what they had in stock.
But just recently, I saw that for the year-end 2016 models sales (to make place for the 2017) they had 2 models matching my exact search. WTH .... :-(
So I guess you were probably getting one of those in TN.
I am still happy with mine even w/o the 270 degrees cameras and that parking feature.
Have fun man.
Old 10-28-16, 02:40 PM
BigGreen13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGX460
Thanks BigGreen13 for sharing this info. Looks like you are one of lucky few who got their hands on a Luxury with the DSP package. That is definitely a bit of a bummer for me to know this now. I thought it could have been a feature reserved for the Canada models.
Anyway, at the time of my 2016 model purchase, I could not find a single DSP equipped model in the whole CA (or with the paint and leather colors I wanted). I think they may have found one in FL. The sales guy said or I could custom order which would have taken 4-6 months. And getting one of these 2 choices would not have given me any discount.
And they had such good deals at that time, so I had to settle down (so to speak :-) ) for what they had in stock.
But just recently, I saw that for the year-end 2016 models sales (to make place for the 2017) they had 2 models matching my exact search. WTH .... :-(
So I guess you were probably getting one of those in TN.
I am still happy with mine even w/o the 270 degrees cameras and that parking feature.
Have fun man.
They're all good vehicles, regardless! I hope you're enjoying yours. If it's any consolation, the LDA is a joke and only works if I'm about to pass out and need to stay awake. The Adaptive Cruise i use frequently. The parking lines that move, I find pretty inaccurate.

With that said, I actually got mine used! Some guy in NJ bought it loaded with anything they offered, drove it for 3 months, and got rid of it. In turn, I got a better deal and a 6 year unlimited mile warranty. After4 years my Jeep GC and it's problems in the last two years, I'm pretty darn pleased. Hope you're enjoying yours the same!
Old 11-02-16, 12:17 PM
Junior1790
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've got the drivers support package on my luxury and do have the options you see in the manual.
I have a '17 luxury all possible options and this is what i see for front and rear cameras.
Attached Thumbnails Intuitive Parking Assist & sensor questions-img_1281.jpg   Intuitive Parking Assist & sensor questions-img_1282.jpg  
Old 11-03-16, 10:23 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Junior1790
I have a '17 luxury all possible options and this is what i see for front and rear cameras.
Thats exactly what i have on my '14. The yellow lines are useful... never knew it was optional though.
Old 11-04-16, 07:56 AM
S2k4
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

They're all good vehicles, regardless! I hope you're enjoying yours. If it's any consolation, the LDA is a joke and only works if I'm about to pass out and need to stay awake. The Adaptive Cruise i use frequently. The parking lines that move, I find pretty inaccurate.

With that said, I actually got mine used! Some guy in NJ bought it loaded with anything they offered, drove it for 3 months, and got rid of it. In turn, I got a better deal and a 6 year unlimited mile warranty. After4 years my Jeep GC and it's problems in the last two years, I'm pretty darn pleased. Hope you're enjoying yours the same!

LDA is a joke. Cameras could be better too. Adaptive cruise is awesome. Parking lines are useful.

Wish we had ***** for HVAC fan control.
Old 11-04-16, 10:43 AM
Junior1790
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2k4
LDA is a joke. Cameras could be better too. Adaptive cruise is awesome. Parking lines are useful.

Wish we had ***** for HVAC fan control.
LDA is a total joke, I'm coming from 2015 Tahoe ltz and their lda vibrates the seat based on which side of the car is over the line. I don't know why they didn't make the camera 360degress as opposed to this 270 degrees business. Over all small complaints I guess.
Old 06-07-17, 01:37 PM
AconRX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New GX 460 Owner - Park Assist Issue

Hello All,

New 2013 GX 460 Base owner here coming over from a 2010 RX 350, which was still rock solid reliable at 72K miles but I wanted to get a body-on-frame, so I stepped up to the GX.

I'll make my introduction in the new member section soon, but first, here's the deal: I just got the vehicle 2 days ago from my "friendly" neighborhood Carmax with 48K miles and given I'm within the 5 days return window, I took it to my local Lexus dealer for an inspection, and also because the park assist was acting up yesterday.

The service advisor informs me that the vehicle was very well maintained at Sewell Lexus in Texas, where it was brought in every 5K miles (he even gave me a copy of the service history) with the tires, brakes and rotors all in great condition. The interior is in great condition as well, BUT, all the parking sensors are damaged, were painted over, codes reset, and need to be replaced at a cost of $1,900. He said Lexus warranty won't cover since they were tampered with (he thinks minor accident).

I'm going to try and get Carmax to fix it, but in any case, are there any safety issues with having the park assist off? Service advisor said it was, but I wouldn’t think so, other than inadvertently not hitting something.

Thanks and hope to talk more GX with you all pretty soon. I've only had the car for 2 days, but haven't had any time to play with it and get to know it.
Old 06-07-17, 01:51 PM
rattmobbin
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

If it were me, I'd return the truck to CarMax or try to get them to cover the repair cost.

True you don't NEED the parking sensors to be functional in order to enjoy your vehicle, but I know CarMax, and there's no way you got a $2,000 discount on the car because all the sensors were toast. I'm sure you paid right at book retail value or just a hair below, as that's what they price all their cars at. As a result, everything on the vehicle should function as intended.
Old 06-07-17, 02:29 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 849 Likes on 642 Posts

rattmobbin states it very well, CarMax can not say they didn't know they were inop because
the light comes on when you switch on the system. They are a factory system, correct? I've
read of denying coverage on aftermarket stuff, rear TV's, mickey mouse cruise control but if
your beef is with stock parts you ought to get something out of this.
Did you see any collision(s) listed in the CarFax report? Did you try to switch on the system
during your test drive?
Old 06-07-17, 04:37 PM
AconRX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mcomer & rattmobbin - thanks for your reply!

The park assist was on during the test drive I did on Monday and worked fine, as well yesterday, it was only today that it started to act up on my way to the dealer. I thought it might have been all the rain we've gotten down here the past 2 days that could've done something.

No collision report on the carfax, so either carfax missed this, or it was repaired without being reported or going through the insurance company.

I'm going to carmax tomorrow, as I'm still within 5 day return and 30 day mechanical issues.
Old 06-07-17, 04:45 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,385 Posts

It was likely repaired out of pocket. Just one of the big loopholes in accident reporting.
Old 06-07-17, 07:57 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

If I was you I'll negotiate with CarMax and then let lexus or a proper shop fix it for you. Cas it'll be a deal breaker when ur gonna resell the truck again.
Old 06-08-17, 08:48 AM
Bluto
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Carmax will recondition vehicles before they sell them. They may have botched up the sensors by painting them. They should have internal records of what they did, and may fix the problem. Check in with a supervisor at Carmax.
Old 06-08-17, 09:19 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
If I was you I'll negotiate with CarMax and then let lexus or a proper shop fix it for you. Cas it'll be a deal breaker when ur gonna resell the truck again.
I agree with this.

OP - I would tell CarMax that you expect them to compensate you so you can have the senors replaced at Lexus or your going to return the GX. IMO CarMax will probably tell you that they will have the sensors repaired / replaced instead of compensating you.

If this is the case, and you agree with it, I would tell CarMax that you would like another 5 Day return period that will begin once you pick up the GX after they repair it. This way you can take it back to Lexus for another inspection to make sure CarMax repaired it correctly.
Old 06-08-17, 04:17 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,385 Posts

They just opened up a Carmax in my area.... I'm still opened minded but if you get screwed by them this will definitely make me have serious thoughts about ever doing business with them.

Quick Reply: Intuitive Parking Assist & sensor questions