GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

GromAudio VLine VL2 Infotainment System Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-20, 06:54 AM
MrTorgue
Advanced

Received 343 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
Just contact Lsailt directly from their website. They are offering fairly decent price and great services with fast shipping. There are few members from here had purchased from them.
Thank you.
Old 09-08-20, 02:29 PM
Otherone
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

2. The Lsailt module size is much smaller and thinner compare to Grom. One thing that I have noticed Lsailt seems the only one that do not put actual USB ports, and Wi-Fi screw on antenna on the box itself, which made it small in physical size and easier for placement. Which is particularly benefit when I try to find a place to put the module in LX where there is very tight in spaces.
On the Grom website it looks like there are two usb ports and a wifi antena screw on the box similar to Lsailt. https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/le...n-upgrade.html

Old 09-09-20, 04:49 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 985 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by Otherone
On the Grom website it looks like there are two usb ports and a wifi antena screw on the box similar to Lsailt. https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/le...n-upgrade.html
Lsailt box do not have actual USB port on the box, rather using mini harnesses connector with piggy tail extension to have three USB ports on extension cable. It also does not provide the screw on terminal on the box for Wi-Fi antenna, it is also a piggy tail setup. Therefore reduced thickness and overall size.

Old 09-13-20, 01:18 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

Most of those Android based products are essentially the same, uses same API to develop their own interface. Judging from the video, the touch screen experiences are very similar with Lsailt products. There are few misses in terms of responses. Without actually experienced Grom Audio module, just from the paper and my limited experiences with Lsailt products, I do like the Lsailt a little better for the following reasons:
Just my two cents for sharing.
Please note this thread is for GROM product. We appreciate keeping it that way without causing the confusion with non GROM products. Especially if you do not have an experience working with our products.
Old 09-13-20, 04:28 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 985 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Please note this thread is for GROM product. We appreciate keeping it that way without causing the confusion with non GROM products. Especially if you do not have an experience working with our products.
With all the respects, this is the place for all the discuss and suggestion about specific products and compare with other solutions. No one here to say Grom Audio solution is a bad one, just to discuss for what it might different from other that is available. Frankly, your offering for 2014+ GX is not available yet, that is why people try to get senses for what your product compare to others.

No one here to discredit your product, nor has anyone is promoting with other. Again, everyone here is offering information and knowledge. For myself, I had been the one signed up for your solution at first place but unfortunately that is just simply unavailable yet.

if your intention of started this thread for advising your product only, then there is a market place for you to do just that. But start as a open discussion thread, I don’t see anything wrong that people freely expressing anything associated with the topic. Just every other topic for breaks, tires, etc., everyone has the rights to ask question and particular comparison information to other knowing product.

if you feel that your thread should only limited to your products only, then again, you are in wrong place for that. You can simply remove your post and move to where it is more proper to serve your intended purpose.

Best regards.
The following 3 users liked this post by hzhao:
BaseCamper (12-01-20), ObsidianBl (09-13-20), tipsytopsy (09-13-20)
Old 09-13-20, 07:13 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

With all the respects, this is the place for all the discuss and suggestion about specific products and compare with other solutions. No one here to say Grom Audio solution is a bad one, just to discuss for what it might different from other that is available. Frankly, your offering for 2014+ GX is not available yet, that is why people try to get senses for what your product compare to others.
Posting information unrelated to the topic is off topic (it is for GX460 2012!).
Simply sharing the link to your review of the alternative product is enough and very welcome. There is no need to duplicate the content from another threads regarding the unrelated product you're actively promoting.
Here is the guide from this forum rules:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...#faq_off_topic
If you're in doubt about our products, please PM us, we will gladly assist !
Let's follow the rules of the forum to everybody's benefit.

Last edited by gromaudio; 09-13-20 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-13-20, 07:37 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 129 Posts

@gromaudio
a few questions regarding the new release for the 14+ GX.

Will this version have the proper resolution for our GX screens (the bottom of the display won’t wrap around up on top)?

How do the aftermarket cameras work with this system.

Will the answer and end call buttons on the steering wheel work with carplay?

When playing music, which steering wheel button will go forward and which button goes backward on the playlist. This is one of my pet peeves. Lexus does it differently in two different areas.

Will the up and down arrows next to the volume button work with carplay?

Are these designed and made in the USA?
Old 09-13-20, 08:21 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by ObsidianBl
@gromaudio
Will this version have the proper resolution for our GX screens (the bottom of the display won’t wrap around up on top)?
Yes it has been fixed
How do the aftermarket cameras work with this system.
We will post a generic how to and possible ways to implement.
Steering wheel Track up/down should be used instead (in case if you still want to use your factory bluetooth, to not to confuse the stereo)
When playing music, which steering wheel button will go forward and which button goes backward on the playlist. This is one of my pet peeves. Lexus does it differently in two different areas.
Track up = Next Track
Will the up and down arrows next to the volume button work with carplay?
Yes it will show volume on screen
Are these designed and made in the USA?
Some parts are manufactured and assembled in different countries (Mexico, China, Taiwan, Japan). Design, software and final assembly is in US.
The following users liked this post:
ObsidianBl (09-13-20)
Old 11-26-20, 11:20 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,652 Likes on 2,391 Posts

The following 3 users liked this post by Acrad:
Azfixer (05-11-21), bbqsoup (11-26-20), gromaudio (11-26-20)
Old 11-26-20, 11:54 AM
tipsytopsy
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I like the USB port they placed in place of cigarette lighter. Wish that was possible for Lsailt without cutting their stiff USB port cable it currently comes with. Also from the video perspective - the Grom carplay seems more responsive than Lsailt unit.
Old 11-28-20, 03:48 PM
Bekzod
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@gromaudio I have a quick question about the GPS receiver. I understand that Vline is a standalone system and you don't need a phone to operate it. But if I will always operate it with a phone for Carplay, do I still need to install the GPS receiver? I would like to keep my console panel clean without extra devices.
Old 11-29-20, 04:17 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,652 Likes on 2,391 Posts

gromaudio: A few questions starting at post #31

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...l#post10940081

Old 11-30-20, 10:29 AM
NothingNew
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

@ObsidianBl @gromaudio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsidianBl View Post
Steering wheel Track up/down should be used instead (in case if you still want to use your factory bluetooth, to not to confuse the stereo)

It would seem that GROM has not answered your question about Steering Wheel Phone Controls, but rather Track Controls.

As it turns out, the current version of VLine2 has disabled Phone Controls while the unit is on the display. Now, you can only use those controls after exiting the Audio screen (for example, hitting the Climate button). This is different than past firmware versions. I've been in touch with GROM about this, but they don't consider it a bug.
Old 11-30-20, 03:49 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by NothingNew
@ObsidianBl @gromaudio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsidianBl View Post

It would seem that GROM has not answered your question about Steering Wheel Phone Controls, but rather Track Controls.

As it turns out, the current version of VLine2 has disabled Phone Controls while the unit is on the display. Now, you can only use those controls after exiting the Audio screen (for example, hitting the Climate button). This is different than past firmware versions. I've been in touch with GROM about this, but they don't consider it a bug.
Now why would they go and do that???
Old 12-01-20, 12:37 PM
gromaudio
Vendor

Originally Posted by Bekzod
@gromaudio I have a quick question about the GPS receiver. I understand that Vline is a standalone system and you don't need a phone to operate it. But if I will always operate it with a phone for Carplay, do I still need to install the GPS receiver? I would like to keep my console panel clean without extra devices.
We recommend still using GPS receiver if you are also using wireless CarPlay, that will help to extend the iPhone's battery.

Quick Reply: GromAudio VLine VL2 Infotainment System Upgrade