GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Just bought my first Lexus last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-18, 10:59 AM
jacketfan
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just bought my first Lexus last night

New here and to the Lexus brand. Traded in my jeep grand cherokee for a CPO 2017 GX Luxury with 5K miles on it. Love the look and feel of the ride. Has the perfect mix of luxury and utilitarian look that seemed impossible to find unless you drop big $. It is unbelievably quiet inside it compared to previous Jeep models I've owned.
Lexus really does things right. The whole searching and buying process with them was outstanding. I see now why they have such a loyal following. My only knock on it is the mpg using premium gas but I knew that going in. Great to see the overwhelming amount of owners on here happy with their GX.
Old 10-04-18, 11:24 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 425 Posts

Congratulations! I totally with out about the quality and quietness of the GX. The first time my wife sat in it during the test drive, she was amazed of how quiet it is and how stable it rides. After she sat in my niece's NX 200, she said it feels like a Camry LOL.
Old 10-05-18, 04:56 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 876 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by jacketfan
New here and to the Lexus brand. Traded in my jeep grand cherokee for a CPO 2017 GX Luxury with 5K miles on it. Love the look and feel of the ride. Has the perfect mix of luxury and utilitarian look that seemed impossible to find unless you drop big $. It is unbelievably quiet inside it compared to previous Jeep models I've owned.
Lexus really does things right. The whole searching and buying process with them was outstanding. I see now why they have such a loyal following. My only knock on it is the mpg using premium gas but I knew that going in. Great to see the overwhelming amount of owners on here happy with their GX.
Welcome to CL and congrats. Any mod plans? We have many here to offer

Enjoy your new ride.
Old 10-05-18, 08:57 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

how much did you end up paying for it?
Old 10-08-18, 07:32 AM
jacketfan
Driver School Candidate

Thanks all. My first V8 with low mpg so I've changed my driving habits to conserve fuel vs my normal more aggessive style. That said, I love this suv so much that being in the car a little longer isn't a bad thing. No plan for mods at the moment. But may change any non LED lighting to LED. Maybe change our stock wheels and tires but I'm happy with what I got for now. The information on this site is awesome. So much info and just a positive vibe. Reading this site helped convinced me to buy one.

I paid $51K for it. Listed at 52K. 2017 certified pre owned with just over 5k miles. Luxury trim w/ 2nd row captain chairs. Silver with black interior. Looks brand new on inside and out. The ride is so damn smooth that I no longer hear my golf clubs banging around in the back.
Dealer would not budge much at all but dropped it 1K and adding on another $500 to my trade. Did my research and knew I wouldn't find this trim package with this low of mileage for this price nearby.
Curious of anyone's feedback on price. I did my research and felt like I got a deal so I didn't push it to the limit with the salesman or risk someone else buying it out from under me.
Old 10-08-18, 01:30 PM
psun786
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Curious of anyone's feedback on price. I did my research and felt like I got a deal so I didn't push it to the limit with the salesman or risk someone else buying it out from under me.
The price will likely vary from zip code to zip code, but I think you did well! I got my 2018 base + premium or sport package for $52k a few weeks ago. The MSRP with options was $59k. Despite people who bought GX loves it, my dealer said they were only selling 1 or 2 per month.

My only grief is the LCD screen on this car. It’s resolution and color contrast is worst than a $80 Chinese fake iPhone

Old 10-08-18, 03:41 PM
goodtogo
Rookie

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats! When your'e ready to mod and go off-roading, highly recommend joining the GXOR - GX Offroad facebook group with 6000+ active GX members. Great GX community with tremendous resources.
Old 10-09-18, 05:40 AM
jacketfan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by psun786

The price will likely vary from zip code to zip code, but I think you did well! I got my 2018 base + premium or sport package for $52k a few weeks ago. The MSRP with options was $59k. Despite people who bought GX loves it, my dealer said they were only selling 1 or 2 per month.

My only grief is the LCD screen on this car. It’s resolution and color contrast is worst than a $80 Chinese fake iPhone

Sounds like you got a good deal too. At first I test drove a base 2018. No packages. MSRP was $56K and they had a 4k rebate. Columbus OH area. On the saturday I visited for the test drive the sales guy told me they sold 4 that day. Could be BS but in the hour I was there I saw about 5-6 people test driving the GX. Agree on the LCD, it should be better but it does what I need it to do. I need to spend the time and personalize it. Correct me if I'm wrong but Enform doesn't allow you store music on a hard drive right? I miss that. Guess I'll just use a mega thumb drive.
Old 10-09-18, 09:35 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

welcome to the club
Old 10-09-18, 04:43 PM
MadamGX
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the club
Old 10-13-18, 12:20 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,655 Likes on 2,393 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong but Enform doesn't allow you store music on a hard drive right? I miss that. Guess I'll just use a mega thumb drive.
While there is an entry in FSM about this feature in 2010 I don't believe it was ever implemented in the 460. It would appear music industry lawsuits got this feature removed from most automakers vehicles. I have feature in my '07 G35x.

Here is one example:

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...h-in-cars.html