GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

TPMS / TPWS Questions/Comments/Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-17, 02:49 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,618 Likes on 2,369 Posts

Originally Posted by tqh
I have a MaxiTPMS TS401 myself, got it used from ebay for $90. It is pretty decent, quick measure of the pressure and temp. But it can't beat a unit constantly updating the pressure while I sit comfortably inside the car :-)
Do you basically have to be at the valve stem on each tire to obtain a reading? or is it possible rolling down the road to pick up sensor data?
Old 12-21-17, 06:28 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by cicio
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp...=3668636543621

That's the product I was talking about. It's all in Chinese though. Asian companies usually sell their products on Taobao a Chinese eBay. That's why they usually have *****y website.
I read through but couldn't find any information related to frequency. They say there are different models for Toyota Lexus Nissan and Honda. I am not sure if they work on American models but I believe they will work since most Lexus are made in Japan and have same parts but don't quote me on that. I am still waiting for more information myself.
I have my friend in China get one for me and should be here in about two weeks. I will give a try and see if it works and let everyone know. Stay tuned.
The following 4 users liked this post by hzhao:
Acrad (12-21-17), cicio (12-21-17), SigEpGX460 (12-21-17), tqh (12-21-17)
Old 12-21-17, 03:23 PM
SigEpGX460
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
I have my friend in China get one for me and should be here in about two weeks. I will give a try and see if it works and let everyone know. Stay tuned.
hzhao - we might have to add this to the auto folding mirror group buy!!
Old 12-21-17, 03:43 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by cicio
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp...=3668636543621

That's the product I was talking about. It's all in Chinese though. Asian companies usually sell their products on Taobao a Chinese eBay. That's why they usually have *****y website.
I read through but couldn't find any information related to frequency. They say there are different models for Toyota Lexus Nissan and Honda. I am not sure if they work on American models but I believe they will work since most Lexus are made in Japan and have same parts but don't quote me on that. I am still waiting for more information myself.
433MHz is for most EU vehicles. ITU allocate different frequencies for different region(ITU region) I notice 315MHz is used on remote control for GDO, or wireless
thermostats.
Old 01-03-18, 12:47 PM
hzhao
Racer

Well, I got the device from China, could not get the sensors registered. Possibly as been mentioned here that Cars sold in US market have different protocol although they are in same 315 MHz frequency. I am going to reach out to the taiwan manufacture to see if that is the case for sure. So far no luck yet.
Old 01-03-18, 01:32 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts

Well, I got the device from China, could not get the sensors registered. Possibly as been mentioned here that Cars sold in US market have different protocol although they are in same 315 MHz frequency. I am going to reach out to the taiwan manufacture to see if that is the case for sure. So far no luck yet.
What did scan tool see? read id. correctly? read the pressure? read the temp.? red battery voltage? After that when you try to register using Tech Stream or TPMS tool what was the error message? Did you try adding two leading zeros (like 00 id.)? Some sensors need two numeric zeros in front of id. bytes. There are only two kinds of TPMS one runs on 300MHz band, the other on 400MHz band(Europeans)
Old 01-03-18, 01:44 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by Htony
What did scan tool see? read id. correctly? read the pressure? read the temp.? red battery voltage? After that when you try to register using Tech Stream or TPMS tool what was the error message? Did you try adding two leading zeros (like 00 id.)? Some sensors need two numeric zeros in front of id. bytes. There are only two kinds of TPMS one runs on 300MHz band, the other on 400MHz band(Europeans)
I am not talking about register the sensors with GX. Nothing changed there. I am trying to add a direct TPMS monitor which will read Lexus/Toyota OEM sensors to have real time individual wheels. This is the device and won't register:

The following 2 users liked this post by hzhao:
Acrad (01-03-18), tqh (01-03-18)
Old 01-03-18, 05:26 PM
hzhao
Racer

I just had a conversation with the manufacturer support, per his comments, it SHOULD work with the GX460 here. He did offer me some tips on how to successfully get sensors to register with the receiver. I will try tomorrow again and hopefully for the success. It is just too late and too cold here to work on now.... LOL!

Will report back again tomorrow.
The following 3 users liked this post by hzhao:
cicio (01-03-18), SigEpGX460 (01-03-18), tqh (01-03-18)
Old 01-03-18, 05:39 PM
cicio
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just had a conversation with the manufacturer support, per his comments, it SHOULD work with the GX460 here. He did offer me some tips on how to successfully get sensors to register with the receiver. I will try tomorrow again and hopefully for the success. It is just too late and too cold here to work on now.... LOL!

Will report back again tomorrow.
Good luck. Hope it works.
Old 01-04-18, 09:17 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 422 Posts

Acrad35751, do you know if pressure display is sending through ODBII port and show up in Techstream? If it is, maybe a wireless odb device and an appropriate app can show it?
Old 01-04-18, 03:37 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Yeah.. it is read with Techstream through OBD. At one time.... thread here somewhere Carista was going to build in TPMS reset capabilities to product. If they ever come out with this it would seem to be trivial to pull the active PSI and temp readings.

EDIT: Here is that old thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...h-carista.html

EDIT2: I reached out to Carista support if developer who posted on thread above doesn't see this. Fingers still crossed hzhao can find a way for that display above to work.

Last edited by Acrad; 01-04-18 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-04-18, 04:58 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
Yeah.. it is read with Techstream through OBD. At one time.... thread here somewhere Carista was going to build in TPMS reset capabilities to product. If they ever come out with this it would seem to be trivial to pull the active PSI and temp readings.

EDIT: Here is that old thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...h-carista.html

EDIT2: I reached out to Carista support if developer who posted on thread above doesn't see this. Fingers still crossed hzhao can find a way for that display above to work.
Didn't have the time to get to that today..... Will tackle this tomorrow as I have the day off. Although a little challenge to work inside unheated garage with record low temperature for tomorrow. Would be nice to get it to work and bring some joys to warm things up
Old 01-05-18, 10:46 AM
hzhao
Racer

Well, after several tries and various attempts, The ORO W417 will not pair the sensors from US specified GX. I guess there must be different communication protocols for Asian specified GX vs. US specified ones, even though both were from same Japan manufacturer. For now, I will keep the Autel TP401 in my glove box as an alternative.
The following 2 users liked this post by hzhao:
Acrad (01-05-18), SigEpGX460 (01-05-18)
Old 01-05-18, 11:00 AM
SigEpGX460
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

Well, after several tries and various attempts, The ORO W417 will not pair the sensors from US specified GX. I guess there must be different communication protocols for Asian specified GX vs. US specified ones, even though both were from same Japan manufacturer. For now, I will keep the Autel TP401 in my glove box as an alternative.
Thanks for trying!
Old 01-05-18, 12:58 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Thanks for trying!!!

On a side note Carista said this about TPMS functionality ----> "For the moment it's still in the beta. Researching this feature is on the Q1 priorities. We will have a better idea if this is going to be released in the next few months. Stay tuned! "

Quick Reply: TPMS / TPWS Questions/Comments/Concerns