Next option Dazed?
Old 03-22-20, 06:23 PM
Dazed
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tecman
Because it weighs 2 pounds with a device attached and will sway

Next option Dazed?
Nope not the cantilevered weight,. It's fine when its attached, but it falls off overnight with nothing in it (and on the GF's with a much shorter arm). The ram suction cup just sucks. Some others have posted options, but I am still looking.
Old 03-23-20, 04:17 PM
mena661
Driver School Candidate

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a RAM mount with the windshield suction too and it would fall off almost every night with nothing on it. Then it mysteriously stopped doing that.
Old 03-23-20, 04:55 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 861 Likes on 596 Posts

Did you ever use any cleaners on it that may have helped?
Old 03-24-20, 10:45 AM
mena661
Driver School Candidate

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

If this question is for me... After thinking about it, the problem seemed to stop after I had the car detailed.
Old 03-27-20, 05:21 PM
Dazed
Driver

Cleaned it the first time but it has kept doing it. Similar problem on my GF's vehicle, and I have cleaned that one multipe times.
Old 03-27-20, 05:39 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 861 Likes on 596 Posts

Originally Posted by mena661
If this question is for me... After thinking about it, the problem seemed to stop after I had the car detailed.
Originally Posted by Dazed
Cleaned it the first time but it has kept doing it. Similar problem on my GF's vehicle, and I have cleaned that one multipe times.
Cleaned with what? Is there a secret sauce

​​​​​​​
Old 03-27-20, 07:26 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Has anyone tried the seat mount bolts?
Old 03-28-20, 10:27 AM
Dazed
Driver

Cleaned with what? Is there a secret sauce
Unicorn tears mixed with the blood of a leprechaun. The real secret is that you have to mix them together when listening to songs from the Angels of Valhalla.

I think soap and water or an alcohol swab are the next best things. Getting the angels to sing was my challenge with the aforementioned best cleaning solution.
Old 08-18-20, 03:01 PM
Traines
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Phone setup for heads up use while changing and ashtray door closed

No idea if this is helpful for anyone but I really like the cleaner look of the “ashtray” door closed but like my phone set up high for access and need to charge my phone on long trips. This was a super easy solution if interested...

I tried a few phone placements and settled on positioning left of the steering wheel. Took some getting used to but doesn’t block anything here and privacy from passenger, as a bonus. I purchased a cable from AUKEY that is for iPhone and the key being the right angle USB, which allows the console door to close.

watching this video on center console removal:
was almost perfect, though I recommend putting the vehicle in neutral and emergency brake on to more easily lift the console out.

i then removed the Drivers side leather piece very easily so I could see the plastic of the ashtray box. I drilled a 1/2” hole, running the cable through the hole, then snapped everything back in place. Much nicer look without any real effort.

for my preference, the cable runs up and over the steering column. But this set up would work for anywhere you wanted to mount your phone and still be able to close the ashtray and keep a nice clean looking interior.

Old 09-07-20, 02:09 PM
GXOVLDHEAT
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Using BuiltRight Industries Dash Mount and 67d arms

Finding this thread by @xplorr was a huge deal - thank you! After driving my last vehicle, 2017 Wrangler JK, with the 67d dash-mount solution, I was DYING driving around with my phone sliding around the center console or sitting too deep in the USB cubby

After reading through the instructions here, I found the BuiltRight Industries Dash Mount for 2009 - 2014 Ford F-150/Raptor - I was determined to make it work, thinking the wider surface contact would add some stability. I used all the hardware included by BuiltRight, but I had to switch the screws and bolts around for the GX application. I ordered 67d 20mm Track ***** and used the Medium CF Arms which I used in my Jeep.

The final product is at maybe 90% professional grade, but thankfully it is very stable! I'll take it

After marking the speaker cover and drilling holes, I hand-screwed the BuiltRight screws into the plastic to mark the right location. Then, I used a drill and made progressively larger holes to accommodate small drywall anchors:

Rather than chisel away the support grids under the speaker cover, I chose to cut away pieces to fit the bolt. As a result, the bolts are not 100% flush.

Heads of screws and bolts are not 100% flush due to the length of the screws (too long) and the underside cuts described above.

The following 2 users liked this post by GXOVLDHEAT:
Acrad (09-11-20), Slprciv (09-26-21)
Old 09-08-20, 09:21 AM
xplorr
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

@GXOVLDHEAT Thanks for sharing your dash mount! I imagine your drywall anchors into the plastic structure beneath the cover helps quite a bit with the rigidity of the mount. Looks great.
The following users liked this post:
GXOVLDHEAT (09-09-20)
Old 09-10-20, 04:57 PM
B1RD0G
9th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ProClip

Look it up...best phone mount for my money.

https://www.proclipusa.com

Put one on a 2019 4Runner, my wife’s 2015 RC350 and my 2020 GX!

It’s tight and rigid. Check it out.
Old 09-11-20, 09:47 AM
shmelvin1
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Only thing I see for a GX is a Center dash mount that blocks half the air vent, I don't see how your phone even attaches to it...Velcro?

Last edited by shmelvin1; 09-11-20 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-11-20, 10:21 AM
B1RD0G
9th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ProClip

There are two parts; a dashmount and a phone mount. You install the dashmount by clipping into into the vent. It protrudes from the vent to allow for airflow. You then attach the phone mount to the dash mount.

See pics.

[/QUOTE]
The following users liked this post:
qwertykid0 (11-03-20)

Quick Reply: Phone/Tablet mounts