GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Tablet/Tesla Center Consoles

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-20, 01:24 PM
GXLevin
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully, this video was helpful, if you guys want me to focus on something specific just let me know.
I'm a little bit of an amateur at making videos.
The following 3 users liked this post by GXLevin:
Acrad (05-06-20), bbqsoup (08-13-20), R1cky (05-12-20)
Old 06-07-20, 09:18 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 3,673 Likes on 2,403 Posts

In Russian but still another functional overview & installation

Old 06-07-20, 06:44 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

off topic, but anyone know if the grom v3 agnostic of the type of headunit type so non nav or nav.
Old 08-04-20, 11:48 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Facebook Post

http://www.szzhifanggps.com/

The following 2 users liked this post by Acrad:
hzhao (08-04-20), Yona (08-04-20)
Old 08-04-20, 12:03 PM
chutch0170
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know a price?
Old 08-04-20, 12:05 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Just saw it posted. Price unknown
Old 08-04-20, 03:46 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

I wonder why mfgs like Sony, JVC, Kenwood, or Pioneer havent ventured into the system integration space...Lot of untaped potential and kinda the future of vehicle infotainment. They cant simply rely on single din Civics as the target market for forever can they?

That being said, this latest headunit looks promising as well....would love for a real world review.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (08-04-20)
Old 08-04-20, 05:59 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 987 Likes on 571 Posts

That size will be ideal. However, with the experiences from their 15” one, I am not so sure about the “replacement” approach which has too many issues. For this one, it again will replace all the OEM GUI interface..

I am currently venturing for one more option, which adding the CarPlay and other function to the existing OEM function. I thing one of the member here had done something similar. I will report back in few weeks for my findings.
Old 08-10-20, 08:45 AM
rgardjr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
However, with the experiences from their 15” one, I am not so sure about the “replacement” approach which has too many issues. For this one, it again will replace all the OEM GUI interface..

I am currently venturing for one more option, which adding the CarPlay and other function to the existing OEM function. I thing one of the member here had done something similar. I will report back in few weeks for my findings.
I totally agree with you on this. I've read too many stories of poor performance of the Tesla style replacement screens in various vehicles. I helped my cousin install one in his Ford Raptor and a week later helped him tear it out. I think the stand alone units that just the OEM screen allow you to switch back and forth between the OEM and Android Interface/CarPlay have some potential. Unfortunately for me, my wife daily drives our GX460 and it's not worth the potential headaches if these units create any issues for her. I'm still amazed at how out of date the infotainment system in our 2018 GX460 is relative to other vehicles of that same vintage.
Old 08-10-20, 07:15 PM
hzhao
Racer

I just received Lsailt recently released interface option for 2014+ GX, which will add CarPlay and few other functions to exist OEM head unit and display. Fully integrated by utilizing the OEM touch screen and steering wheel controls. Of cause those are based on claims and few YouTube videos showing. I took a chance and willing to give a try. It showed up at my house, but I was out on business trip and won’t be back and do it until next week.

I will keep everyone posted when I had the chance to try it out next week. It looks promising, and from principle, it seems a ideal solution. I can careless other Android based functions, but if the CarPlay could be integrated as an added function to OEM, will definitely a plus to teach this old dog some new tricks. All the fingers crossed for now.......
The following 3 users liked this post by hzhao:
Acrad (08-10-20), bbqsoup (08-13-20), MarkVII (08-11-20)
Old 08-10-20, 07:29 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

I just received Lsailt recently released interface option for 2014+ GX, which will add CarPlay and few other functions to exist OEM head unit and display. Fully integrated by utilizing the OEM touch screen and steering wheel controls. Of cause those are based on claims and few YouTube videos showing. I took a chance and willing to give a try. It showed up at my house, but I was out on business trip and won’t be back and do it until next week.

I will keep everyone posted when I had the chance to try it out next week. It looks promising, and from principle, it seems a ideal solution. I can careless other Android based functions, but if the CarPlay could be integrated as an added function to OEM, will definitely a plus to teach this old dog some new tricks. All the fingers crossed for now.......
Is this different from the Grom Vline boxes? I thought its basically the same hardware (and to a degree same software builds and interface which cannibalizes the aux input) with a different distributor? The new touchscreen unit Acrad posted was the first one with newer hardware (PX6 32gb of ram, android 9 vs 8).

Old 08-10-20, 07:47 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Is this different from the Grom Vline boxes? I thought its basically the same hardware (and to a degree same software builds and interface which cannibalizes the aux input) with a different distributor? The new touchscreen unit Acrad posted was the first one with newer hardware (PX6 32gb of ram, android 9 vs 8).
Grom Vine didn’t come up with the unit that is compatible with 2014+ GX, since 2014+ uses different head unit and with different wire harnesses. Lsailt has finally made it to be compatible with 2014+ GX, and it is with Android 9 and 3+32GB.
Old 08-10-20, 09:04 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 129 Posts

I’m few days behind you on delivery. DHL should be delivering mine at the end of this week. I might be able to make it a weekend project.
Old 08-10-20, 09:18 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by ObsidianBl
I’m few days behind you on delivery. DHL should be delivering mine at the end of this week. I might be able to make it a weekend project.
Great! Looking forward to it!
Old 08-11-20, 03:31 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Grom Vine didn’t come up with the unit that is compatible with 2014+ GX, since 2014+ uses different head unit and with different wire harnesses. Lsailt has finally made it to be compatible with 2014+ GX, and it is with Android 9 and 3+32GB.
Didnt know that, they seem to be advertising the 2014s-2020 VLine 2 as compatible

Quick Reply: Tablet/Tesla Center Consoles