GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Temp settings do not stay synched

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-18, 02:35 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by John00
I've learned a lot in this thread. Did this info solve the issue for the original question and problem?
i don’t know yet. There was one piece of advice I need to try but I have not been home yet to try it.
Old 12-02-18, 01:26 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Here is an update. I paired both FOBs to the memory, then I synched the temperatures and they were doing as I wanted them to do, then I set the memories again. Twice this week we took it to dinner with just the FOB that I use. Both times the temps were synched as they should have when we drove to dinner. Two hours later we came out from the restaurant and they were NOT synched. Very frustrating. When I get time I'll take it to the dealer and first see if their tech gurus in sales can tell me if I'm doing something wrong. If no joy then it will go to the service department. It's still under warranty.
Old 12-02-18, 03:29 PM
John00
Racer

Received 376 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
OK. I have tested and check with my 2014 GX, it actually worked.

One important part for those of had trouble to get it to work, that is to make sure that you have pair the key fob with the memory button (#1 or #2) properly. The procedures for the pair is in the menu and pretty straight forward. To test it has been paired properly, just turn off the engine, move the seat a little bit, then lock the door. carry ONE key with you and open the DRIVER side door with touch sensor, your seat should return to that paired position. With that working properly, every time when you shut off the car, the A/C setting will be stored for the key that you have used unlock the door.

Remember: The important part is to have the key fob paired with the memory position first!

What he's saying ( I think) is that this is a 2 part procedure, I didn't realize since usually I am the only driver. First is setting the memory. That can be done and then checked by pressing the preset number and watch things go. The auto selecting of a preset based on the key is a separate function that is enabled or disabled separate from the preset memory. I was looking in my book, that was new to me.
Old 12-03-18, 06:12 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by John00
What he's saying ( I think) is that this is a 2 part procedure, I didn't realize since usually I am the only driver. First is setting the memory. That can be done and then checked by pressing the preset number and watch things go. The auto selecting of a preset based on the key is a separate function that is enabled or disabled separate from the preset memory. I was looking in my book, that was new to me.
I was not totally clear on how that would effect my settings also. But it did not fix my problem either.
Old 11-27-19, 04:07 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,668 Likes on 2,401 Posts

I guess I need to test this out again... FSM for my year is stating it should or can be enabled with TS for up to 3 keys.

Originally Posted by Acrad
I don't see HVAC memory in the '10-'13 model manuals. Another thing I will add to the "FAQ: GX 460 Model Year Changes" thread for '14 model year.
Old 09-28-20, 07:47 AM
GB2011GX
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Very interesting. I have read through this and the Seat Memory threads and the A/C Temp Memory threads (and many others pertaining to "memory").
This is the 1st I've seen about pairing to fobs.

Here is what we are experiencing:
Temp sync - irrelevant except for diagnosing (Sync'd or NOT is irrelevant because Mrs GB likes it warm, I like cooler temps)
Seat Memory - mine never seem to remain when I SET them after the very first time I did it.
Widely swinging A/C Temps - one day we will jump in the GX and the A/C will be what was set last. The next time the heat might come on at 75! (too hot).

I'm seriously thinking this is either an issue of us never locking the vehicle while in our garage, or the two keys present confusion as to who opens a door 1st(?)
I suspect the end result we will find is that Mrs GB's fob has NEVER been synced and since this GX was originally retailed up north, it was probably set by the original user to 75! (Damn yankees!) jk

Last edited by GB2011GX; 10-01-20 at 12:59 PM.