GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Temp settings do not stay synched

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-18, 12:31 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Temp settings do not stay synched

This has been bugging me for a long time, but I figured it was my own fault for not taking the time to properly save the memory to my key FOBs. The GX is my wife’s, and it seems like every time I get in it the temps from driver to passenger side are not synched. I adjust the drivers side and the passenger side does not change with it.

Last weekend end I took the time to be sure everything was properly saved to the memory settings, and the memory settings were properly paired to the FOBs. Right away the temps did not stay synched. This is a real pet peave of mine. Most vehicles I’ve owned it’s a simple one touch of a button on the dash to re synch them. Unfortunately, on the GS it’s digging through layers on the touch screen to re synch them only to have them out of synch the next time I drive it.

I used to blame it on my wife, but I’ve now seen it do it many times when she has not driven it or ridden in it since I synched them. And last week I watched it happen within a few minutes when I was trying to get it to work properly.

Anyone else experience this or know why it’s happening?
Old 11-19-18, 12:53 PM
ltsr
Pole Position

Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Disable the 3 zone climate. You’ll have to go into “climate” from the infotainment and disable it. The moment you adjust the passenger side temperature it will enable 3 zone climate. I had the same frustrations with this as well
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (11-19-18)
Old 11-20-18, 03:45 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by ltsr
Disable the 3 zone climate. You’ll have to go into “climate” from the infotainment and disable it. The moment you adjust the passenger side temperature it will enable 3 zone climate. I had the same frustrations with this as well
I’ve done that many, many times. That is the setting it does not keep that I’m talking about. And I realize that adjusting the passenger temp changes it. But that is not what is happening.
Old 11-21-18, 08:17 AM
Statman
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

same problem here. I've not figured out how to sync them?
Old 11-21-18, 09:21 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 986 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
This has been bugging me for a long time, but I figured it was my own fault for not taking the time to properly save the memory to my key FOBs. The GX is my wife’s, and it seems like every time I get in it the temps from driver to passenger side are not synched. I adjust the drivers side and the passenger side does not change with it.

Last weekend end I took the time to be sure everything was properly saved to the memory settings, and the memory settings were properly paired to the FOBs. Right away the temps did not stay synched. This is a real pet peave of mine. Most vehicles I’ve owned it’s a simple one touch of a button on the dash to re synch them. Unfortunately, on the GS it’s digging through layers on the touch screen to re synch them only to have them out of synch the next time I drive it.

I used to blame it on my wife, but I’ve now seen it do it many times when she has not driven it or ridden in it since I synched them. And last week I watched it happen within a few minutes when I was trying to get it to work properly.

Anyone else experience this or know why it’s happening?
Not sure if I read and understanding correctly. The GX memory (for driver 1 & 2) DOES NOT store the A/C settings, only the driver seat, outside mirror, and steering wheel positions, for which you can sync it two the key fob.

Only newer generation of ES, RX, LX and NX will save the A/C setting in additional of position settings in driver memory.
Old 11-21-18, 09:30 AM
hzhao
Racer

Old 11-21-18, 10:29 AM
ltsr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jjscsix

I’ve done that many, many times. That is the setting it does not keep that I’m talking about. And I realize that adjusting the passenger temp changes it. But that is not what is happening.
We understand the frustration. Trying to help out here. Can you confirm the rear AC is turned off? There should be a "REAR" button from the dash that you can press.
Old 11-21-18, 10:31 AM
ltsr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hzhao
Not sure if I read and understanding correctly. The GX memory (for driver 1 & 2) DOES NOT store the A/C settings, only the driver seat, outside mirror, and steering wheel positions, for which you can sync it two the key fob.

Only newer generation of ES, RX, LX and NX will save the A/C setting in additional of position settings in driver memory.
My 2018 GX460 manual states that the A/C settings are stored with the keys. I wonder if it was a change in recent years?

Last edited by ltsr; 11-21-18 at 10:35 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ltsr:
Acrad (11-21-18), hzhao (11-21-18)
Old 11-21-18, 11:23 AM
hzhao
Racer

My mistake, I did check again, seems all model years (at least from 2014 and up) did state it will register the A/C setting to to the key used when the engine turned off last time. However, there are few exceptions: 1. if multiple keys in the car or near by, the setting maybe not registered; 2. if you using the smart touch sensor to unlock the passages doors first, it will not recall the previous setting.

I will take a close look with mine, never thought it has the function as compare to my LX.
Acrad (11-21-18)
Old 11-21-18, 01:00 PM
hzhao
Racer

OK. I have tested and check with my 2014 GX, it actually worked.

One important part for those of had trouble to get it to work, that is to make sure that you have pair the key fob with the memory button (#1 or #2) properly. The procedures for the pair is in the menu and pretty straight forward. To test it has been paired properly, just turn off the engine, move the seat a little bit, then lock the door. carry ONE key with you and open the DRIVER side door with touch sensor, your seat should return to that paired position. With that working properly, every time when you shut off the car, the A/C setting will be stored for the key that you have used unlock the door.

Remember: The important part is to have the key fob paired with the memory position first!
The following 2 users liked this post by hzhao:
Acrad (11-21-18), ltsr (11-21-18)
Old 11-21-18, 01:23 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,668 Likes on 2,401 Posts

I don't see HVAC memory in the '10-'13 model manuals. Another thing I will add to the "FAQ: GX 460 Model Year Changes" thread for '14 model year.
hzhao (11-21-18)
Old 11-22-18, 06:00 AM
jjscsix
Racer

We understand the frustration. Trying to help out here. Can you confirm the rear AC is turned off? There should be a "REAR" button from the dash that you can press.
I’m not sure what having the rear off has to do with it. When you go into the menu it gives you the option of syncing all three zones. That’s what I do. But regardless of how it’s set, the point is that I can go into the menu and very easily set the system to synch them and it all works the way I want it to. But the next time I get in the car they are not synched again and nothing has been done to change that.

Originally Posted by hzhao
OK. I have tested and check with my 2014 GX, it actually worked.

One important part for those of had trouble to get it to work, that is to make sure that you have pair the key fob with the memory button (#1 or #2) properly. The procedures for the pair is in the menu and pretty straight forward. To test it has been paired properly, just turn off the engine, move the seat a little bit, then lock the door. carry ONE key with you and open the DRIVER side door with touch sensor, your seat should return to that paired position. With that working properly, every time when you shut off the car, the A/C setting will be stored for the key that you have used unlock the door.

Remember: The important part is to have the key fob paired with the memory position first!
Thats exactly what I thought my problem might have been, so I went through the procedure to paint the FOBs. The FOBs successfully paired, but it did not fix my temperature synch problem. Reading your last sentence confused me at first, but now that I’ve read it again maybe I’m understanding you differently. I’m note here I can try it now. Next week I’ll try setting the memory again now that I have paired the FOB. I set the memory, but did not reset the memory after pairing the FOB. Will update when I can.

Thanks for the responses.

Old 11-22-18, 12:58 PM
ltsr
Pole Position

The rear being turned on will enable the 3 zone which then removes syncing of climates. Even if you turn rear ac off, the 3 zone is still enabled. I just tried this on a short drive this morning.
Old 11-23-18, 02:29 PM
jjscsix
Racer

The rear being turned on will enable the 3 zone which then removes syncing of climates. Even if you turn rear ac off, the 3 zone is still enabled. I just tried this on a short drive this morning.
It can be on synched to the front zones.
Old 11-24-18, 06:16 AM
John00
Racer

Received 376 Likes on 287 Posts

I've learned a lot in this thread. Did this info solve the issue for the original question and problem?

Quick Reply: Temp settings do not stay synched