GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Driver Support Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-21, 12:33 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,652 Likes on 2,391 Posts

I have one of the Intelligent High Beam mirrors for my model year... need to revisit mod see if it needs a new BCM or just a little extra wiring to work.
Old 04-21-21, 04:39 PM
ProvUnitV
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SteveInCal
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not in the market anymore

The dealer in SoCal finally came down to a realistic number, so I bought a 2016 with 13k miles that includes the Driver Support Package. So far, I love it!

Good one, I have the same. Slotting below the three-row Highlander, the 2016 Toyota RAV4 is a compact crossover available in front- or all-wheel-drive configurations and either gas-only or hybrid models. Powering the gas-only 2016 RAV4 is a 2.5-liter I-4 rated at 176 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque paired exclusively to a six-speed automatic transmission. A more powerful hybrid variant takes the 2.5-liter I-4 and pairs it with three electric motors for a combined output of 194 hp. I also took it with Driver Support, those who saw it gave me a guarantee and told me to address it here https://www.avatarfleet.com/blog/how-to-choose -driver-recruiting-software where something will not be okay.

Last edited by ProvUnitV; 04-25-21 at 09:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Piney1 (01-14-22)
Old 01-12-22, 09:51 AM
Sunman54
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Front Parking Camera

Does the GX have a front camera to assist with parking? Not parking seniors, but a picture one can bring up on the dash screen as the rear camera. I looked at a 2019 CPO Luxury edition yesterday and the front air dam area was completely cracked. Salesman did not know if it had a camera or not. Perhaps from someone hitting a parking stop with it. I had one of those cameras on my 2017 Vette and was surely helpful.
Old 01-12-22, 12:48 PM
CFAI
Instructor

Received 323 Likes on 220 Posts

Other than not having the ML stereo that is the best possible config IMO. Preface lift so it has approach and departure angles that are atleast consistent with moderate off road capability, HID lights (not the crappy halogens I have on my '13), full crawl control rather than degraded version (down hill assist), higher end seating materials, third row power seats (not really a big deal, but is a lux SUV), and parking assist.
GX4602011 (01-13-22)
Old 01-12-22, 02:20 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Only if it has the Driver Support Package

See this button steering wheel to the left of MODE?

Old 01-12-22, 06:45 PM
Sunman54
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

After seeing the cracked front on the CPO GX that led me to the question about this option. Now I will look and see if GX's that I look at in the future have it. Appreciate the help.
Old 01-12-22, 07:19 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 985 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunman54
After seeing the cracked front on the CPO GX that led me to the question about this option. Now I will look and see if GX's that I look at in the future have it. Appreciate the help.
Another option is to retrofit a front camera with BeatSonic camera switch as discussed in following thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...periences.html
This option works for 2014 to 2019 GX without Driver Support Package.
Old 01-13-22, 08:42 PM
arags
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunman54
I just got one yesterday with the Driver support package. It’s really hard to find GX with those and some of the dealers might not even be aware it’s an option especially if you are looking at Carvana etc. so what i did was look at the pictures of steering wheels as @Acrad mentioned to make sure that button was present before considering the car. If you are in the northeast I can give you a couple of options since I just finished my search yesterday
Old 02-12-22, 03:45 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...04556-9999.pdf

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MC-10204556-9999.pdf (815.5 KB, 177 views)
Old 11-04-22, 09:17 AM
29er
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Question What year did the GX get Adaptive Cruise Control?

Also, does it come with the LUXURY package or is it something separate?
Thanks,
Old 11-04-22, 09:34 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

For US Market:

2010 model year was when it was optional on Premium

Driver Support Package on Luxury includes it for 2014-2019...

Standard on all trims since 2020
The following 2 users liked this post by Acrad:
gfcipriani (11-04-22), hzhao (11-04-22)
Old 11-04-22, 10:01 AM
29er
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for your help, Acrad.

FYI, I did some digging and found this great writeup on all the model years: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...r-changes.html
Acrad (11-04-22)
Old 11-04-22, 10:58 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 985 Likes on 570 Posts

Also to be aware, all GX adaptive cruise control is first gen ACC, it does not offer full speed stop and go function, and can only be active when speed over 25 mph (or so).
The following 2 users liked this post by hzhao:
Acrad (11-04-22), gfcipriani (11-04-22)
Old 04-17-23, 10:09 AM
raiders3
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnyt50
I picked up a 2017 Lexus GX (Luxury w/driver support package) in late 2017. And it's a beaut!

I knew I wanted the driver support package and all of the nanny systems as I go on some long drives on all sorts of highways (interstate, 2 lane, etc.). But I didn't know how important that decision would be until just last month while traveling through southeastern Colorado.

It was morning.... shortly after sunrise. So I have plenty of visibility of items in the sun but shadows are harsh and dark. Hardly a cloud in the sky and I'm traveling on a 2 lane highway. I have a Ford F-150 truck in front of me at a respectable distance. And coming towards me are two enormous logging trucks. They're filled over the cab with rather large cut trees. So as they're approaching I'm paying close attention to my lane to make sure I give them plenty of space. The first truck passes me and then I look forward to the 2nd truck coming my way. And that's when all sorts of things went wild.

The Ford F150 I had been following (and we're in the middle of nowhere Colorado) needed to turn left. So he was stopped waiting for the 2nd logging truck so he could make his turn. I didn't pick up that he had stopped at all but the GX 460 did. Next thing I know I hear loud beeping. I feel my seat belt tighten all around me. And then full on braking power even before I could begin to lift off the gas. At first, I was confused at what the heck my vehicle was doing. And why was it doing it? But obviously the Lexus knew what was about to happen and stepped in to save the day.

The pre-collision system had me slowed down enough to where the Ford truck had enough time to make his turn. The logging trucks went by, and I carried on the rest of my journey without anyone having to make a trip to the hospital (or worse). After the danger passed, I could hear the seat belt loosen up. I saw another post where user said they were sore from the amount of tightening experienced on the seat belt. Mine didn't tighten up to that extreme at all. It felt very snug... but not enough to cause any soreness at all.

So anyhow, that's my story. If you do a lot of highway driving, I'd strongly consider the driver support package.
That is an amazing story

A few weeks ago, I purchased a 2017 GX Luxury with the driver support package.

I found your post because I had googled driver support system for 2017 GX Luxury (or similar words).

I was googling to get a little more info on the system and try to find an answer regarding whether any tinting on the front window would impair the vision of the camera mounted near the rear view mirror. I want some essentially clear tint that would be cutting down on the rays and UV.

Remarkable story.

I went with the Luxury because I did want the safety system.
Old 04-17-23, 10:11 AM
raiders3
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by QualityNut
I'll add some comments for those who have never experienced some of the features of the Driver Support Package on a 2016 model.

The LDA is appropriately sensitive and consists of a audible tone which disturbs passengers (and the driver) to the point I don't use it thus defeating the purpose. I read that the newer version of LDA adds wheel vibration which is preferable to sound (driver focused). One disadvantage of the hydraulic steering is the inability to easily add steering correction as in newer vehicles with electric steering.

The radar cruise operates very abruptly, meaning it brakes too quickly when a car pulls in front even at a far distance and then accelerates rather abruptly when able to accelerate. Also, it is not active to zero speed (which is a don't care to me). My 2018 Volvo S60 (last of that generation) has a much better radar cruise control system and accounts for the variables much better and makes the experience seamless within reason compared to the GX.

Regarding the Pre-Collision Alert, I have never experienced it and hope not to!

One of the most used features is the Intelligent High-Beam Headlamps that are beneficial since they turn on the high beams much more often than I normal would using manual control (part of the package and don't remember if available separately).
Enjoyed these comments.

Quick Reply: Driver Support Package