GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

HVAC - Air Conditioning / Heating - Troubleshooting, Questions, Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-23, 04:28 PM
MolliWinni
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2023 Gx460 Black Line Edition

I just purchased a 2023 Gx460 Black Line Edition(1 week ago) and am trying to find out whether or not it has heating/cooling mode where the 2 temperature controls are linked as one. It operates in dual mode where driver and passenger can individually control the temps, but I was almost certain the first time I drove the car, that the controls were synchronized to just be operated by the drivers side. I also have a 2004 GX470 and that definitely has the option to switch between the 2 modes. Does anyone know of it has both modes or just the one? The manual says that the dual and rear buttons are one of the same?
Thanks
Old 01-25-23, 04:54 PM
Siblue
Pit Crew

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

22 owner here and my temp controls are not synced.
I do this weird thumb and pinky toggle motion to raise and lower temps.
Old 01-25-23, 05:06 PM
MolliWinni
10th Gear

I’ve read pages 402-408 and still not saying whether the temps can be synced or not. It’s not a big deal, just thought since my 2004 had the ability, so would this.
Old 01-25-23, 05:22 PM
ScaldedDog
Pit Crew

Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts

@MolliWinni , first, I have no idea why your post got moved to this thread, as this is a thread about the next gen GX. For some reason, the mods here have a maddening habit of consolidating threads into huge ones where questions go to die.

To answer your question, though, I believe if you go into the bowels of the menu and turn "3-zone" off, you effectively sync the two fronts and the rear. Try it and report back if it works. In real lifem though, you might find it easier to just adjust the temps to your liking separately.

Mark
The following 3 users liked this post by ScaldedDog:
AirForce8 (01-26-23), gfcipriani (01-26-23), MolliWinni (01-25-23)
Old 01-25-23, 05:35 PM
MolliWinni
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ScaldedDog
@MolliWinni , first, I have no idea why your post got moved to this thread, as this is a thread about the next gen GX. For some reason, the mods here have a maddening habit of consolidating threads into huge ones where questions go to die.

To answer your question, though, I believe if you go into the bowels of the menu and turn "3-zone" off, you effectively sync the two fronts and the rear. Try it and report back if it works. In real lifem though, you might find it easier to just adjust the temps to your liking separately.

Mark
Just turned 3-zone off and that did it. It’s now synced with passenger side. Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
ScaldedDog (01-25-23)
Old 01-25-23, 05:38 PM
MolliWinni
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ScaldedDog

Mark
what exactly does the 3-zone do? Does it mean when activated, the driver, passenger and rear zones can be independently controlled?
Old 01-26-23, 05:07 AM
ScaldedDog
Pit Crew

Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by MolliWinni
what exactly does the 3-zone do? Does it mean when activated, the driver, passenger and rear zones can be independently controlled?
It does exactly that. Even though you have it turned off, touching one of the non-driver controls will turn it back on.

Mark
Old 01-28-23, 11:28 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,654 Likes on 2,392 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLastV8
hey, just wondered if you had a chance to look at your TS settings for this.
I took mine out for a drive today and observed HVAC a little closer on AUTO. While I do get air out of defrost on almost all settings it would appear nothing high speed on the AUTO setting for Defrost. That one TS setting I have turned on always feeds some air to the foot area when Defrost is used. I was going to leverage OBD Link to watch the OBD actuator changes they aren't exactly labeled in a way I could quickly monitor. It can be done though adding gauges and you can then watch them change with different HVAC combos. A project to document for another day.

Old 01-30-23, 11:09 PM
richsoule
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Acrad,

Amazing!!, Just what I was looking for..
Appreciated
Old 01-30-23, 11:47 PM
TheLastV8
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

thanks!!. Are you able to change settings in obd apps as with Ts ?

Originally Posted by Acrad
I took mine out for a drive today and observed HVAC a little closer on AUTO. While I do get air out of defrost on almost all settings it would appear nothing high speed on the AUTO setting for Defrost. That one TS setting I have turned on always feeds some air to the foot area when Defrost is used. I was going to leverage OBD Link to watch the OBD actuator changes they aren't exactly labeled in a way I could quickly monitor. It can be done though adding gauges and you can then watch them change with different HVAC combos. A project to document for another day.

Last edited by TheLastV8; 01-31-23 at 03:42 AM.
Old 04-19-23, 11:07 AM
14LexusTX
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New GX owner questions

Hello all. I just purchased a 2014 GX with 54,000 miles. Love it and still figuring it out. Couple questions.

Is there a way to sync the temp setting on both passenger and drivers side?

Is there a way to set the default air circulation to outside air? Mine always reverts back to recirculation mode when I start it up.

Thank you.
Old 04-19-23, 11:16 AM
GXWes
Pit Crew

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by 14LexusTX
Hello all. I just purchased a 2014 GX with 54,000 miles. Love it and still figuring it out. Couple questions.

Is there a way to set the default air circulation to outside air? Mine always reverts back to recirculation mode when I start it up.

Thank you.
Go to the Climate page and it will show Dual or Not Dual control

As far as recirculation. You might need to go into the control pages and look for the settings. Or look for the Lexus Personalized Settings from the dealership

Last edited by GXWes; 04-19-23 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-19-23, 02:11 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 985 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by 14LexusTX

Thank you.
As previous member said, you need to go into Climate setting on center display, you can toggle between dual or sync both sides temp settings. For the air circulation, by pressing the either fresh or recirculating button, you can set it either way or in Auto mode. When in auto mode, when outside temp is above 72F, it will become recirculating mode, when it outside temp is below 72F, it will become fresh air mode.
Old 07-15-23, 12:15 PM
MolliWinni
10th Gear

Default Rear Climate

Is there a way to use the rear A/C without someone actually being in the rear seats of a 2023 GX? A watched a tutorial that said if there’s nobody sitting in rear seats, the blowers will just be on the driver and/or the passenger seats?
Old 07-15-23, 01:07 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 985 Likes on 570 Posts

You should be able to. Not sure the 23 GX display has the similar user interface as other Lexus model currently, if you go to the Climate section, if there is a “Concierge” setting, just turn it off. You should be then just press the “Rear” button to turn rear a/c independently.

Quick Reply: HVAC - Air Conditioning / Heating - Troubleshooting, Questions, Info