GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Replacing passenger window glass

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-19, 06:03 AM
KStrong
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Replacing passenger window glass

Hey everyone. I tried searching but wasn’t successful on this one. I broke the passenger front window on my wife’s GX with the weed eater. Anyone have advice or tips on replacement install?

also, any advice on OEM vs aftermarket glass? Aftermarket obviously is considerably cheaper, like 1/3 the cost. But I am concerned the integral tint may not match?

thanks in advance!
Old 05-05-19, 07:27 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

Those front side windows are a water repellent glass IIRC. I'd probably try to go OEM.

PN of front passenger window: 68101-60610

PN of front driver's window: 68102-60610

I don't have step by step for tearing door down but there are other threads here to gather how to take out certain trim components. Glass is just held in with two bolts. If it is like other cars I have worked on you usually bring the window up to a certain point where there are holes to unscrew the bolts from window and then window come out in a tilted forward position.

Old 05-05-19, 10:11 AM
KStrong
Driver School Candidate

That’s a huge help! Thanks
Old 05-09-19, 07:17 PM
charlyang
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
Not sure if there is an existing mirror replacement video, but steps are fairly straight forward:

Step 1: remove the the small triangle plastic cover from the door where covers mirror holding bolts. All you need is the trim remove tool which is held only by clips
Step 2: using the trim remove tool to remove the window switch panel, soft arm rest piece on the door panel, a small plastic cover behind door handle. Discount the wire harness*
Step 3: remove two screws (one behind door handle, one behind arm rest piece) which hold the door panel
Step 4: remove the door panel by pulling the panel from the bottom, then work your way up from the side. It has about 14 plastic clips to hold the panel, for the first time, you may need a little bit of force, which is normal
Step 5: lift upwards to the panel to remove it. You have the option to disconnect the door locking cable to remove the panel completely, but for mirror replacement, you can just leave it, as long as you can access the cable harness for the mirror where is located in front of the door handle
Step 6: discount the mirror control wire harness, remove three bolts for the mirror
Step 7: put everything back in reverse order. To make your job a little easier, when you put door panel back, first remove the top piece of the door panel (where against window glass, which is held by metal spring clips), then insert this piece on top of the door panel first, then put back the rest of door panel

That's about to it. Take your time and it's not that difficult to do.
I was able to take out the panel with this instruction.
Old 05-21-19, 05:23 PM
KStrong
Driver School Candidate

OK. New issue! Glass is in and fits perfect. However, the window control seems to think it is in a different position than it is. When I roll it up, it tries to "over roll" and electronically bounces back down about 4-6 inches. Then when I try to roll it down it stops 3-4" before going all the way down. Is there a way to reset the programming or something? I am stumped.
Old 05-21-19, 05:28 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

Perhaps try this?

The following users liked this post:
KStrong (05-21-19)
Old 05-21-19, 06:10 PM
KStrong
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
Perhaps try this?

Trying now. Thx
Old 05-21-19, 06:36 PM
KStrong
Driver School Candidate

It worked. But not at first. Tried a couple times and did nothing. So o decided to disconnect the battery. Left for five minutes and came back, reconnected. Still the same. But then I tried that method again and it worked. Thanks so much!!! Wife is happy again. Lol
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (05-21-19)