Techstream

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-20, 07:11 AM
CgyIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tmps

Just picked up a low mileage 2014 GX Ultra Premium (I'm in Canada) from a IS350
My factory rims are currently on winter tires and I will be purchasing a new set of aftermarket rims for my summer tires.

For the TPMS, does the GX recognize two sets of TPMS? I'm hoping it does so that I don't have to get it programmed every time I swap over the wheel set.
Will it recognize aftermarket TMPS (the factory ones are CAD$300 vs CAD$200 for aftermarket)?

Thanks
Old 05-09-20, 08:23 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,384 Posts

It does not ...although I recall that early years '10 or '11 in other markets outside of North America may have had the 2nd set capability. They will have to be reprogrammed on each swap.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...ream-tpms.html
Old 06-29-20, 02:15 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOnyx
I was able to have a local tire shop clone my OEM TPMS sensors. It wasn't without effort, but the owner of the tire shop was a good sport and agreed to the "science experiment". The programming device required an update that meant the programmer had to be flashed. We had initial problems with first set of TPMS sensors since the TPMS programmer company had split into two and we required sensors from the other company. In the end, we were able to clone the sensors and it works like a charm. I am now able to swap tires (winter set/summer set) without the need to reprogram the TPMS sensor IDs using Techstream. The only potential downside is the reliability/life of the cloned TPMS sensors. My previous vehicle was a 2006 IS250 and I had bought sensors with winter tires when I purchased the car. Eleven years later (prior to selling the car), all sensors still worked. Time will tell if the cloned sensors will last as long, but overall I am extremely pleased. Would highly recommend!
looking to get 2nd set of wheels with off road tires. Sucks cannot program two sets. Saw this post on cloning. What brand is it? how's it going? i'd want to be able to swap without dealing with programming every time.

Thanks,

Old 07-03-20, 05:54 PM
BlueOnyx
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I believe it was an ITM TPMS sensors. Initially, I was trying to go to a Schrader product without the help of a tire dealer but I had trouble locating a used programming tool in my area. The other alternative is purchase the TPM sensors already programmed but you will need to have the current TPMS IDs read or pulled via Techstream. In the end, I chose a tire dealer that I was willing to deal with versus going out on my own.
In terms of how it is going, I will always clone my second set of tires unless the vehicle supports multiple sets of tires. I have has no problems and a couple months ago, swapped my winter tires for summer tires. I didn't miss having to mess around and reload the TPM sensor IDs. The one drawback is that your spare has TPMS sensor. I have no plans of rotating in the spare tire, so it just lives under my truck. If it was rotated in and you did a tire swap out after, your TPMS sensor id's would not match.
Hope this helps!
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (07-03-20)
Old 07-03-20, 06:13 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Cloned sounds very convenient.

2020 has TPMS self-registration with tire swaps and as well as new sensors.

Old 07-14-20, 05:59 AM
Stewfish
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r2m
Just installed TechStream so I could program a couple of new keys for my rig. (BTY, worked great, 2 key fobs programmed first time, first try.)
So my question is: are there any tips or tricks that TechStream can do for a GX 460?
Maybe fold mirrors when shutting off ignition? Or anything else?
FYI, mine is a 2013 Premium, in case any of the tips or tricks are specific to year or trim level.
Hey guys,

I saw this thread wasn't that old and I'm trying to find a techstream so that I can do is zero point calibration after doing the crawl control install. I'm worried about doing the paperclip calibration and not having 10 second of straight road right after I do it. Can you send me a link to where you got working cable and if it has techstream then that's okay otherwise I saw a post with a current version. There's so many options on Amazon and I thought it was weird that the sellers mention needing to remote into my computer to get it to work. That seems like a really easy way for people to gain access to my computer.

I just don't understand the zpc.
Old 07-14-20, 07:32 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 310 Likes on 229 Posts

Windows remote down can be enabled via techstream but windows up was never an option. You need the ODB module for this.
Old 07-14-20, 02:49 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
Windows remote down can be enabled via techstream but windows up was never an option. You need the ODB module for this.
I dont think the poster was referring to car windows down. It was more about remote desktop access into your current windows pc to install and work with techstream.
Old 07-14-20, 03:46 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

There is a VM over here that some use instead of a full install
Old 07-14-20, 04:26 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 310 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
I dont think the poster was referring to car windows down. It was more about remote desktop access into your current windows pc to install and work with techstream.
Yeah, I realized I was responding to an earlier post and not to his specifically. I also use a virtual machine to run my version via my Macbook Pro.
Old 07-22-20, 10:46 AM
Stewfish
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Techstream?

I have spent the past hour looking on here and Ih8mud and can't find the two links I saw. They are to the current and next to last version of techstream that I read in a post. Got the crawl control installed and have to do a zero point calibration and the cable is in the mail

I don't see them in a sticky either, even the FAQ/mods/etc sticky

Does anyone know what thread that was in? Sorry
Old 07-22-20, 01:01 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 425 Posts

Hope one of these help. Or just post up if you run into issue.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...tallation.html

I ran into some driver issue in this thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...fications.html

Java environment issue
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...vironment.html
Old 10-21-20, 03:58 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 129 Posts

I wanted to share some information I learned about TPMS ID’s the other night.

There are two different kinds of TPMS ID’s and most of the handheld readers are able to show both. A few button presses and it converts to either ID.
  • There is a “decimal” ID which only shows numbers (mostly 9 digits long, sometimes shorter).
  • The other is the “hexadecimal” which shows the ID as Letters and Numbers (usually 7 characters long).

Toyota and Lexus uses the hexadecimal format for programming.

I had a different set of wheels read at a local shop and snapped pics so I could do the programming. I didn’t realize that they had it in decimal format and was given all numbers. There are online converters that can take a decimal and change it to hexadecimal for you. Once i did that, TPMS programming was no issue.

note: if the converter gives you less than 7 digits in hexadecimal format, just add the number 0 as a placeholder at the beginning of the ID code.

Here is the website I used.
https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/...al-to-hex.html

Hope this helps someone!
The following 3 users liked this post by ObsidianBl:
Acrad (10-21-20), bbqsoup (10-21-20), hzhao (10-21-20)
Old 10-22-20, 01:35 PM
Lexus4321
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 109 Posts

Hex vs Dec is just the view. The TPMS ECU always stores in hex, and almost every ECU will use Hex.

I guess if you have a tool that only works in Hex and you get ID's that are in Dec, then you must manually convert it before use. My Autel selects the correct base for the vehicle chosen in the tool.
Old 10-22-20, 01:39 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Received 195 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus4321
Hex vs Dec is just the view. The TPMS ECU always stores in hex, and almost every ECU will use Hex.

I guess if you have a tool that only works in Hex and you get ID's that are in Dec, then you must manually convert it before use. My Autel selects the correct base for the vehicle chosen in the tool.
I gave the tire guy the specs of the car but the ID showed up as decimal. I wasn't really paying attention when he scanned all the wheels and took the pictures. I've been going back and forth on getting the autel device. I don't have much use for it anymore since I know all the tpms id codes for my vehicles... But it's always nice buying new tools. How do you like it and what model did you get? I've heard they can only program using their own TPMS sensors.

Quick Reply: Techstream