Techstream

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-17, 06:04 PM
maxse
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Techstream to program keys

Hey guys have a question

I have used Techstream and this cable:Mini VCI Car OBD Diagnostic Scanner OBD2 USB Interface Scan Tool for Toyota

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W97K7O6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W97K7O6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
to program keys and adjust various options on a GX470. Can this cable and program be used to program
keys for a 2010 Gx460? Or is this something that needs to be taken to the dealer for?
Old 04-19-17, 06:22 PM
pinoyesv6
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

As long as the key is new and never been programmed, you can program the key.
Old 09-12-17, 12:09 PM
Black16
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Techstream Modifications

I installed the factory remote start over the weekend and used a bootleg copy of Techstream to connect it. I was playing around with other options such as turning off the seat belt chime. I couldn't get much further into it since it takes a while for the laptop and car to communicate and i didnt want to kill either battery.

Can anyone suggest other useful modifications I can make while connected or have a list of what modifications Techstream is capable of ?
Old 09-12-17, 12:26 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Black16
I installed the factory remote start over the weekend and used a bootleg copy of Techstream to connect it. I was playing around with other options such as turning off the seat belt chime. I couldn't get much further into it since it takes a while for the laptop and car to communicate and i didnt want to kill either battery.

Can anyone suggest other useful modifications I can make while connected or have a list of what modifications Techstream is capable of ?
Basically there are two category, first is most users can change and set. Secondly Techstream could do beyond what's in the owner's manual. So what would you like to change? Does your factory remote start have good range? My after market 2 way remote has at least ~2000 feet range(vs. claimed range of 3000 feet)
Regarding Techstream it matters which version you have. If your laptop does not have enough power, talking back and forth between vehicle and laptop could be
very sluggish. I use old Dell Lattitude with i7 cpu, 8 GB memoru, W7 Ultimate 64 bit version. Techstream is version 12.x.x.x.
Old 09-12-17, 12:33 PM
Black16
Driver

Originally Posted by Htony
Basically there are two category, first is most users can change and set. Secondly Techstream could do beyond what's in the owner's manual. So what would you like to change? Does your factory remote start have good range? My after market 2 way remote has at least ~2000 feet range(vs. claimed range of 3000 feet)
Regarding Techstream it matters which version you have. If your laptop does not have enough power, talking back and forth between vehicle and laptop could be
very sluggish. I use old Dell Lattitude with i7 cpu, 8 GB memoru, W7 Ultimate 64 bit version. Techstream is version 12.x.x.x.
I wouldnt say 2000ft. Maybe more like 300-500 yards at best. Is there a way to crank up the range of the remote with techstream or something?

I have the full techstream software, the newest 12.xxx version there is and a fairly new core I7 laptop with little to no programs on it. I knew the bootleg techstream has malware so i used it on a laptop i dont care much about. I had difficulty installing it at first due to having 64 bit but once I unpackaged the .exe files manually i had no problems.

I was just curious if anyone had ever played around with it a bit more and found anything useful to change like the seatbelt chimes before i spend hours going through menus I can barely decipher as is.
Old 09-13-17, 07:33 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 425 Posts

I can't see to get the customization screen loaded. I can get into the customization menu and when clicking on any item in there, Door Lock, Security etc...it just flashed S601-31 pop up then closed without any thing else. I can view other info. Anyone knows what's happening? Using version 10.10.018
Old 09-14-17, 04:43 AM
Black16
Driver

Originally Posted by bbqsoup
I can't see to get the customization screen loaded. I can get into the customization menu and when clicking on any item in there, Door Lock, Security etc...it just flashed S601-31 pop up then closed without any thing else. I can view other info. Anyone knows what's happening? Using version 10.10.018
mine did that only after I unplugged it from the vehicle and continued to try and browse the menus. Is that what you're trying to do?

What region is it set to as well? I could only access it via Europe with 10.xxxx which wouldn't allow me to enter the smart key settings and handshake the remote start with the truck. I found a copy of 12.xxx with all regions unlocked and switched to North America which gives a ton more functionality.
Old 09-14-17, 07:24 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

It was still plugged in to the truck and running. I couldn't get into the customization with the truck running or just ON. I can see other data and view the data list and such. I tried both NA and EU setting with the same result.
I just reinstalled a lower version 7.2 and with a different driver version to see if it makes a different.

Edit: Version 7.2 and MVCI Driver 2.0.1 combo work. I'm suspecting it's the driver and not the Techstream version. I'll try new TS and see the next couple of days.
I was able to turn off the seat belt warning on the passenger side, turn on the power down feature with keyfob and a couple of other things. I don't see any keyfob feature/programming - maybe in newer version?

One thing I found that the windows roll down with remote is if you roll down less than 1/4, the sunroof will not slide back. More than that and it will slide. This is perfect. Also you don't have to unlock twice and hold at the 3rd time. Just hold it for 2.5s and it will work.

Some cool stuffs to play with.

Last edited by bbqsoup; 09-14-17 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-14-17, 01:02 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by bbqsoup
It was still plugged in to the truck and running. I couldn't get into the customization with the truck running or just ON. I can see other data and view the data list and such. I tried both NA and EU setting with the same result.
I just reinstalled a lower version 7.2 and with a different driver version to see if it makes a different.

Edit: Version 7.2 and MVCI Driver 2.0.1 combo work. I'm suspecting it's the driver and not the Techstream version. I'll try new TS and see the next couple of days.
I was able to turn off the seat belt warning on the passenger side, turn on the power down feature with keyfob and a couple of other things. I don't see any keyfob feature/programming - maybe in newer version?

One thing I found that the windows roll down with remote is if you roll down less than 1/4, the sunroof will not slide back. More than that and it will slide. This is perfect. Also you don't have to unlock twice and hold at the 3rd time. Just hold it for 2.5s and it will work.

Some cool stuffs to play with.
Did see anything to turn on Dynamic Guide Line for reverse camera option, or this has to be some sort of hardware/software combination?
Old 09-14-17, 01:15 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Originally Posted by hzhao
Did see anything to turn on Dynamic Guide Line for reverse camera option, or this has to be some sort of hardware/software combination?
I don't see anything for the backup camera. Maybe newer model has the hardware built in?
These are the customize menu for '10
The following users liked this post:
hzhao (09-14-17)
Old 09-14-17, 02:40 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,384 Posts

I think there is additional hardware with the Drive Support Package in order to make this work.
Old 09-14-17, 05:40 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
I think there is additional hardware with the Drive Support Package in order to make this work.
That's what I know from the spec. Just hard to believe they would build that function into hardware rather software since it is really a data associated with steering angle input, in which the signals already there..... kind of none sense to make it as hardware associated option.
Old 09-14-17, 05:43 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,384 Posts

That's what I know from the spec. Just hard to believe they would build that function into hardware rather software since it is really a data associated with steering angle input, in which the signals already there..... kind of none sense to make it as hardware associated option.
Not sure when Lexus introduced this feature in their cars...but definitely miss it when I drive the GX since my old '07 G35x has it on the backup camera.
Old 09-15-17, 05:53 AM
Black16
Driver

bbqsoup..... i have the same utility menu except i have an additional selection in the right column for smart key access. This is where i programmed the remote start. I didnt get a chance to look into it but im pretty sure thats where new keys can be programmed. I didnt have this feature in 10.xxx or below but it showed up in 12.xxx.
Old 09-15-17, 09:18 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Black16. Thanks for the info.
I installed 12.00.127 and looks good. I can see the Smart Access is on the System Menu and once I went into it and clicked Utility, I can see the features for programming. Same with TPMS. I probably will get the new 2.0.4 fw
cable later so I can see the engine data, oil temp, trans temp
etc...

Quick Reply: Techstream