GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2020 GX 460 General Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-19 | 08:06 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Chasin
The more I look at the new headlights and grill, the more I am liking them!
And then you step inside, and realize, that not much has changed for a 2020 $50+ suv lol

Jokes aside though, thankfully the front end atm seems retrofittable from a physical standpoint. What ECUs it might require to work, whole different ball game.
The following users liked this post:
Chasin (10-04-19)
Old 10-04-19 | 10:23 AM
Chasin
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by coolsaber
And then you step inside, and realize, that not much has changed for a 2020 $50+ suv lol

Jokes aside though, thankfully the front end atm seems retrofittable from a physical standpoint. What ECUs it might require to work, whole different ball game.
If there isn't any improvement in lighting, I am okay without the new headlights. The grill though should be simple install.
Old 10-04-19 | 12:47 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Is that a new rear view mirror with Homelink buttons on the bottom?

Originally Posted by ObsidianBl
Saw this on Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3DHgrNH...=1kj69kepkpce0

I like the design of the newer gentex borderless rearview mirrors that the manufacturers are using.
Old 10-04-19 | 01:08 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Yup same as the rest of lineup now (RX 4th gen)
Acrad (10-04-19)
Old 10-04-19 | 01:12 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Chasin
If there isn't any improvement in lighting, I am okay without the new headlights. The grill though should be simple install.
Subjectively and objectively are going to be 2 different things with this lighting setup.

The only objective tester of headlights to my knowledge is the IIHS. Unfortunately they dont test either the LX or GX for headlight performance.

The subjective test would be taking into account other models of Lexus and their performance on the IIHS tests for base vs T beam light performance.
From that, any vehicle with a Triple beam has performed worse then the basic headlights. So I would think this would hold the same.

Regardless imho the t beams look great for presence of course, but dont expect any improvement unless these units have been heavily revised in some unknown fashion.
Old 10-04-19 | 01:20 PM
ObsidianBl
Advanced

Originally Posted by Acrad
Is that a new rear view mirror with Homelink buttons on the bottom?
Yup! As coolsaber said, like the current gen RX. I wish they included the compass on it as well from the factory. I've found that function to be surprisingly useful since I don't always have the GPS screen pulled up. Maybe I'll get one and do a swap from a junk yard when they start to become more common.

Amazon Amazon
Amazon has them for around $189 if anyone is interested and $237 for the compass feature.
Old 10-04-19 | 01:26 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

If I can ever get the AHB mirror I picked up working it has the compass on it.

[Post 163]
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...l#post10454704

Originally Posted by ObsidianBl
Yup! As coolsaber said, like the current gen RX. I wish they included the compass on it as well from the factory. I've found that function to be surprisingly useful since I don't always have the GPS screen pulled up. Maybe I'll get one and do a swap from a junk yard when they start to become more common.

https://www.amazon.com/Gentex-Framel.../dp/B00PXGZESO Amazon has them for around $189 if anyone is interested and $237 for the compass feature.
ObsidianBl (10-04-19)
Old 10-04-19 | 01:49 PM
DBLex1
Rookie

Looks like the 2020 will finally have the tire pressure readout on the gauge cluster.

Old 10-04-19 | 01:54 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

As well as the ability to self-register TPMS IDs with TPWS function so apparently no need to use TS for winter/summer tire swaps.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...l#post10601633

Originally Posted by DBLex1
Looks like the 2020 will finally have the tire pressure readout on the gauge cluster.

DBLex1 (10-07-19)
Old 10-04-19 | 02:13 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

I'm just bugged I can't get Rioja Red Semi Aniline leather or Nuluxe with Nightfall Mica

Only external colors with Rioja Red interior are:

Starfire Pearl
Atomic Silver
Nebula Gray Pearl
Black Onyx
Old 10-04-19 | 04:59 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Acrad
I'm just bugged I can't get Rioja Red Semi Aniline leather or Nuluxe with Nightfall Mica

Only external colors with Rioja Red interior are:

Starfire Pearl
Atomic Silver
Nebula Gray Pearl
Black Onyx
Give it some time, and theyll probably change it.
Old 10-04-19 | 05:11 PM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Subjectively and objectively are going to be 2 different things with this lighting setup.

The only objective tester of headlights to my knowledge is the IIHS. Unfortunately they dont test either the LX or GX for headlight performance.

The subjective test would be taking into account other models of Lexus and their performance on the IIHS tests for base vs T beam light performance.
From that, any vehicle with a Triple beam has performed worse then the basic headlights. So I would think this would hold the same.

Regardless imho the t beams look great for presence of course, but dont expect any improvement unless these units have been heavily revised in some unknown fashion.
Yes, while NHTSA sets the regs (and the IIHS has no official standing), the IIHS is the only one that actual does headlight testing aside from the pass/fail of the actual reg.

As a regulator, I hate the triple beam headlights because - while they may meet the letter of the law - don't really meet the intent of the law and put aesthetics over function.
Old 10-04-19 | 05:32 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cb1111
Yes, while NHTSA sets the regs (and the IIHS has no official standing), the IIHS is the only one that actual does headlight testing aside from the pass/fail of the actual reg.

As a regulator, I hate the triple beam headlights because - while they may meet the letter of the law - don't really meet the intent of the law and put aesthetics over function.
Yup, unfortunately until one of us or a reviewer gets to test the headlights with rudimentary tools to see performance, its basically all upto the marketing and sales department to state, "NEW AND IMPROVED".

No one really knows.
Old 10-06-19 | 02:38 AM
Ryfrench
6th Gear

Anybody think we'll be able to take the new steering wheel and get it to work on a '13? I have a premium '13, since I prefer the pre-facelift look, but still would absolutely trade the older steering wheel for the 2020 one.
Old 10-06-19 | 10:05 AM
Rufio
Driver

I like that feature!

Quick Reply: 2020 GX 460 General Discussion