GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

New 2019 GX 460

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-20 | 05:12 PM
dustinst22
Rookie

Originally Posted by phubearGX
How is the ride quality on the suspension you have? looking to add a lift in the future for myself. Also, did you have any issues with wheel balancing on the bigger wheels? what kind of balancing did you do?

If you want to keep the ride as close to stock as possible, go with the Dobinsons nitro gas kit. It actually improves the ride but keeps things pretty close to stock. This is what I originally had and just upgraded to the MRR kit. I'm still experimenting with the adjustments, right now I have it to the softest setting so its very floaty feeling. Going to tighten things up a bit and see how it handles. I also increased the lift to 2.5" so it definitely has a more truck feel now.
Old 07-10-20 | 06:36 PM
dustinst22
Rookie

Last edited by dustinst22; 07-27-20 at 08:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (07-11-20)
Old 07-10-20 | 10:51 PM
angrygx
Driver

Hey Dustin, I have a question about the front bumper spoilers. I know your not selling it but if I was able to locate just the front bumper spoilers would they clip? or click in to Regular bumpers? or are they a totally different bumper?

if you still have the bumpers hanging around would you be able to check or take a quick pic of the connecting parts? thx!!
Old 07-11-20 | 08:58 AM
dustinst22
Rookie

Originally Posted by angrygx
Hey Dustin, I have a question about the front bumper spoilers. I know your not selling it but if I was able to locate just the front bumper spoilers would they clip? or click in to Regular bumpers? or are they a totally different bumper?

if you still have the bumpers hanging around would you be able to check or take a quick pic of the connecting parts? thx!!
They have mounting hardware to attach to the regular bumper. The guy buying mine is coming today, I'll ask more. Mine came with the vehicle so I never installed them.
Old 07-11-20 | 09:04 AM
angrygx
Driver

Originally Posted by dustinst22
They have mounting hardware to attach to the regular bumper. The guy buying mine is coming today, I'll ask more. Mine came with the vehicle so I never installed them.
great if you can ask the person purchasing it to snap some pictures during install it will be really appreciated!!! thx in advance!
Old 07-13-20 | 03:45 PM
phubearGX
10th Gear

If he didn't come already, I can come by tonight
dustinst22 (07-13-20)
Old 07-13-20 | 03:56 PM
dustinst22
Rookie

Originally Posted by phubearGX
If he didn't come already, I can come by tonight
Haha, all sold! There was a lot of interest for that sport lip. I was quite surprised. There was also a lot of interest for my dobinsons nitro kit I originally had. I'm personally not a fan of the lips as I think they are a little cheesy haha. The reason I got the sport lip is that the color and package we wanted came with it and unfortunately 2019's were slim pickings when I bought.

Last edited by dustinst22; 07-13-20 at 04:02 PM.
phubearGX (07-14-20)
Old 07-16-20 | 02:59 PM
TXS3
Driver School Candidate

Checked with my dermatologist regarding this. He said darker tints offer better protection for preventing melanoma. Since it's in my family I'll go with the best protection. Additionally, they keep the car cooler hence requiring less AC and improving MPG (important here in the OC on the beach). Also protects the interior of the vehicle from sun damage. And of course, it just looks total bad ***

Damn, I'm a doctor and never thought about this crap!!!
Old 07-24-20 | 08:31 PM
Keirik
Rookie

How is the wind noise and whistling with your roof rack? Like seriously though, if you had to give a comparison to stock, what % has wind noise gone up and whistling at all?
Old 07-24-20 | 08:34 PM
dustinst22
Rookie

Originally Posted by Keirik
How is the wind noise and whistling with your roof rack? Like seriously though, if you had to give a comparison to stock, what % has wind noise gone up and whistling at all?
This is a very low profile rack so it doesn't have much noise at all. That said, all racks are going to have a bit more noise, with higher profile ones having more. Haven't been stock in almost a year so I don't recall precisely the difference, but when I installed it I remember not thinking much of it. All that said, if you want as silent as possible I'd say stay stock.
Old 07-24-20 | 09:09 PM
Keirik
Rookie

This is a very low profile rack so it doesn't have much noise at all. That said, all racks are going to have a bit more noise, with higher profile ones having more. Haven't been stock in almost a year so I don't recall precisely the difference, but when I installed it I remember not thinking much of it. All that said, if you want as silent as possible I'd say stay stock.
thank you. If I pull the trigger on a gx, which probably makes the most sense to do as my next suv, I definitely will be doing a fairly similar build to yours so I’m very interested in what you’ve been doing. Some noise is fine but I just don’t want a stark difference. Being that you didn’t notice much, I’d say it’s acceptable in my book.
sweet ride btw. He ones I’m looking for are 19-20 with no captains chairs (which thankfully eliminates the sports package lips) in a luxury trim. First mod would be to get rid of the sidesteps in favor of something likes yours, Minimal low profile roof rack with lights, and new wheels/tires. Need a cross between a very reliable daily driver and mild Overlander. I don’t mind the air suspension and want the ML sound system. If I tint anything I’ll be sure to not post that here as reading everyone give their .02 was a bit out of hand lol.
Old 07-24-20 | 09:30 PM
dustinst22
Rookie

thank you. If I pull the trigger on a gx, which probably makes the most sense to do as my next suv, I definitely will be doing a fairly similar build to yours so I’m very interested in what you’ve been doing. Some noise is fine but I just don’t want a stark difference. Being that you didn’t notice much, I’d say it’s acceptable in my book.
sweet ride btw. He ones I’m looking for are 19-20 with no captains chairs (which thankfully eliminates the sports package lips) in a luxury trim. First mod would be to get rid of the sidesteps in favor of something likes yours, Minimal low profile roof rack with lights, and new wheels/tires. Need a cross between a very reliable daily driver and mild Overlander. I don’t mind the air suspension and want the ML sound system. If I tint anything I’ll be sure to not post that here as reading everyone give their .02 was a bit out of hand lol.
Thanks. Very cool, yeah wish I could have found one with the captain seats and no sports package back when I purchased, but unfortunately it was all bundled on all the models left and the wife insisted on the captain seats which our son loves. Yeah I was surprised about all the tint responses on here, haven't seen that on the ih8mud forums or the FB group at all, no one comments on it. I think there are a couple trolls on this forum that just like to stir the pot. I ran into a CHP here and he dug my rig, no citation. He just asked me tons of questions of the mods done. Of course, I also added the blue line flag to give my self a bit of protection haha.

Last edited by dustinst22; 07-24-20 at 09:35 PM.
Keirik (07-24-20)
Old 07-26-20 | 05:53 PM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TXS3
Damn, I'm a doctor and never thought about this crap!!!
You never thought of it because it isn't true. The "darkness" of the tint has nothing to do with UV rejection. A nice, virtually clear, ceramic tint will provide the same, or better UV rejection that the average 30% conventional tint.

Any quality tint will provide 99% UV rejection,
Old 07-26-20 | 06:16 PM
Keirik
Rookie

A year later and still going on about this tint lol. Who cares?
Old 07-27-20 | 08:52 AM
dustinst22
Rookie

A year later and still going on about this tint lol. Who cares?

agree. This poster has a history of trolling, on other forums as well. Best thing is to just ignore such posts.

Quick Reply: New 2019 GX 460