2020 Lease/Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-20, 08:07 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by 427Monster
Just went thru the process.

Rockville, Silver Spring, and Towson all offered me $7.0-7.5k discounts on first pass via text.
I'm pretty sure I could get $8.0-8.5k if I went in person and pressed harder.

I ended up with $8k off on a $58k car from PA dealer because it had the color combo my wife wanted.
Unless you got hit with some bogus fees, you came out exactly the same as the poster. If you look at the OPs quote, rockville added "smart crap" and "nontax fees" after the discount.
Old 02-08-20, 04:29 PM
427Monster
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GXinMD
Can you share the PA dealer info... so far, I’m getting $55k for GX Premium and will have to use their finance, not the 1.9% being offered by Lexus... something about the rebate the dealer is offering me will be void if I choose the Lexus finance and my price will go up (per dealer)... Is $55k for 2020 GX Premium a good deal... the only optional feature I got is wood trim, front/rear heated seat and that’s all I need.

Willow Grove and Chester Springs. Just curious where you plan to buy because you asked for MD and now PA dealers.

Much pretty most dealers should give you a decent discount. I actually bought today in Jersey.

Old 02-08-20, 04:30 PM
427Monster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Unless you got hit with some bogus fees, you came out exactly the same as the poster. If you look at the OPs quote, rockville added "smart crap" and "nontax fees" after the discount.

Yes pretty much similar. $8k with no bogus fee is very close to $9k with outlandish fees.
Old 02-08-20, 06:39 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Yes pretty much similar. $8k with no bogus fee is very close to $9k with outlandish fees.
Gotta love those fees eh?
Old 02-08-20, 06:39 PM
GXinMD
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Willow Grove and Chester Springs. Just curious where you plan to buy because you asked for MD and now PA dealers.
I’m in MD but can drive to PA if it’s a great deal... can drive to PA, VA or DE if the deal is great... can u Inbox me what u end up paying, if that’s ok...thanks
Old 02-09-20, 05:34 PM
427Monster
Driver School Candidate

I’m in MD but can drive to PA if it’s a great deal... can drive to PA, VA or DE if the deal is great... can u Inbox me what u end up paying, if that’s ok...thanks

I actually bought from Ray Catena Freehold NJ, not Willow Grove PA. My wife changed her mind last minute and did not want rioja red interior. Ray Catena had atomic silver/sepia.

I called and got connected to Anthony Franconero. Asked him to price match and done - all in 15min.
Next day I drove there. He prepped the deal beforehand, and I was in and out in 50min (including chit chatting, drinking coffee, and using bathroom twice).

Not sure about your approach and why you're only getting $2-3k discount (subtracting what you wrote $55k from $57-58k). Pretty much all dealers gave me significant discounts on first pass. I cut right to chase and said 1. I know I want GX and don't need to test it, and 2. Im ready to buy in the next 3 days and will leave deposit today. Then I ask what discounts they are giving. If it's down to the wire, then seal it by saying you'll give them 5stars in survey.
Old 02-09-20, 05:40 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Northtown Lexus in Buffalo ha a black on black 2019 Luxury trim with the Sport package with 10k off $69k MSRP.

Last edited by RXGS; 02-09-20 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-09-20, 08:50 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RXGS
Northtown Lexus in Buffalo ha a black on black 2019 Sport with 10k off $69k MSRP.
Unless the 19s super special, that price is still too high over a MY20. Unfortunately when a dealer has a leftover unit close to the end of the following year, theres a good reason why it hasnt moved. Could be the fuel pump stop sale but more then likely its just their pricing.

Last edited by coolsaber; 02-10-20 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-10-20, 08:13 PM
AzAL
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Remember also Costco, my 2020 premium msrp 58700, Costco price 54500, then another 2k rebate.
Old 02-12-20, 06:05 PM
Megamorph
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AzAL
Remember also Costco, my 2020 premium msrp 58700, Costco price 54500, then another 2k rebate.
That is a terrible deal, as is the case with all of Costco's new car prices. It's nothing but lead generation for the dealer.
Old 02-12-20, 06:21 PM
hadokenuh
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Megamorph
That is a terrible deal, as is the case with all of Costco's new car prices. It's nothing but lead generation for the dealer.
That's not the best deal, but in no way a terrible deal. Of course you could do better than the Costco's prices. But for people who don't want to haggle back and worth, $6500 off is not bad.
Old 02-12-20, 06:48 PM
GXinMD
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brought home a 2020 GX... wasn't planning to buy this soon but that's how it goes once u start looking... really wanted the Mica Blue exterior with Black interior and Premium for heated rear seats... the "Adjusted Price" I made the deal was $49k, then there's about $300 dealer fee and tax/title/tags... most of the dealer keep pushing me to come down to make a deal but I don't have time... this dealer sales lady was very helpful, we texted mostly but some email as well... she texted me the pics as the pics weren't loaded on the website... then went over yesterday and signed the paper and done deal in about an hour or so, no back and forth much... and financed with Penfed for 1.49% APR for 36 months... their going rate right now is 2.49%, but if u go through their Penfed Car Buying Service, they drop it to 1.49%... it's nothing but simply clicking on few pages on their site and getting offers from multiple dealership... once u know which dealership got the offer u want, go thru Penfed using the zip of the dealership so one of the offer will be from that dealership... the email comes from trucar... I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post it, but here's the info... I got similar info from others that help me get an idea on the price and what to ask, so thank u all... I started looking last Thursday, so in all about less than a week since I started looking... thanks

Sales Person: Marina J. Davis
Len Stoler Lexus
11311 Reisterstown Rd.
Owings Mills, MD 21117
The following users liked this post:
coolsaber (02-12-20)
Old 02-13-20, 03:54 AM
Material
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JZNC
We are ready to purchase a 2020 GX Premium. MSRP for the car is $57,800 and the dealer is willing to give 9k off, making OTD around $52k.

Good? Bad? Wait a bit longer?
Wow! Who is your dealer? We are on Lexus number five and have never received a discount that good.
Old 02-13-20, 12:08 PM
hoverta
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Brought home a 2020 GX... wasn't planning to buy this soon but that's how it goes once u start looking... really wanted the Mica Blue exterior with Black interior and Premium for heated rear seats... the "Adjusted Price" I made the deal was $49k, then there's about $300 dealer fee and tax/title/tags... most of the dealer keep pushing me to come down to make a deal but I don't have time... this dealer sales lady was very helpful, we texted mostly but some email as well... she texted me the pics as the pics weren't loaded on the website... then went over yesterday and signed the paper and done deal in about an hour or so, no back and forth much... and financed with Penfed for 1.49% APR for 36 months... their going rate right now is 2.49%, but if u go through their Penfed Car Buying Service, they drop it to 1.49%... it's nothing but simply clicking on few pages on their site and getting offers from multiple dealership... once u know which dealership got the offer u want, go thru Penfed using the zip of the dealership so one of the offer will be from that dealership... the email comes from trucar... I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post it, but here's the info... I got similar info from others that help me get an idea on the price and what to ask, so thank u all... I started looking last Thursday, so in all about less than a week since I started looking... thanks

Sales Person: Marina J. Davis
Len Stoler Lexus
11311 Reisterstown Rd.
Owings Mills, MD 21117
What was the MSRP? Seems like a really good deal.
Old 02-13-20, 07:02 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

A stellar deal with the current purchase incentives should be 14% and whatever required registration and taxes.

Now having said that, you might want also always inspect the sales price since dealers love their bag of tricks...such a fees, freight, nitrogen tires, etcs.

I assume the next big dip in pricing would be before end of Q1, and then nothing till July.

Edit: These deals easily attainable as seen by the posters above

Last edited by coolsaber; 02-13-20 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 2020 Lease/Purchase