GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2020 Lease/Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-20, 04:51 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 881 Likes on 611 Posts

^^^ Congrats. That dealer is who I use when needed and been fairly happy with them so far. They are currently upgrading so hopefully it will be a more pleasant experience.
Old 03-09-20, 05:40 PM
penberth
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Bryan, have you matched the Leigh Valley offer with Northtown?

The way you translate their deals is a whole different ball game:

Typically the highest you should pay is Invoice of your particular build-lexus cash.

The deals that are possible are below invoice further reduced by the lexus cash. This means the GX has some sort of mfg to dealer cash that they arent disclosing.

Having said that:

The going rate on a purchase without using Lexus Financial Services (cash or outside financing) is 16% total as per poster above you (absolutely possible in NY being in the market currently).

I have not tried Northtown with Lexus of Lehigh Valley yet. I want to have a game plan before walking in there with what I should be shooting for.

So are you saying that I should shoot for 16% off? In the case of MSRP being $58K, I should be offering around $49K? I think LOLV was around $52,800 -

How do you do that, just contact the sales manager with the offer?
Old 03-09-20, 06:29 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by penberth
I have not tried Northtown with Lexus of Lehigh Valley yet. I want to have a game plan before walking in there with what I should be shooting for.

So are you saying that I should shoot for 16% off? In the case of MSRP being $58K, I should be offering around $49K? I think LOLV was around $52,800 -

How do you do that, just contact the sales manager with the offer?
What is LOLV?

Leigh Valley is a Lexus Plus dealership if im not mistaken, so they dont play the negotiation game. The dealership web price is the same in store, you start with one person who does everything including the finance part with you and thats it.

Find a dealership with a similar vehicle, get their best quote and get northtown to match it.

Last edited by coolsaber; 03-09-20 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-09-20, 06:32 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by louscrw
Well, I just got home with my new GX. I got the exact deal I mentioned earlier; 16% off MSRP. I had to drive 120 miles to Atlanta to get it, but totally worth dealing with the rush hour traffic on the way home. It gave me time to “play with buttons” while sitting at a standstill on I-75

They also gave me a strong trade in value of $33K for my 2017 Tundra. If you want to check them out to at least get a local dealer to price match, contact Nalley Lexus of Roswell.
Nailey has been straight with price, just a question though I dont remember which one was it, but between then Smyrna and Roswell, one of them always required you to add some kind dealer add on. Did this happen to you as well? Or was it Smyrna.
Old 03-09-20, 07:32 PM
louscrw
Rookie

Received 58 Likes on 12 Posts

Nailey has been straight with price, just a question though I dont remember which one was it, but between then Smyrna and Roswell, one of them always required you to add some kind dealer add on. Did this happen to you as well? Or was it Smyrna.
Yes, it is Roswell. It is a Resist All coverage plan that covers exterior stains, blemishes, etc and interior from all sorts of stuff. The coverage is for 7 years. I didn’t mind as I have a 200lb Great Dane and I specifically asked them if it covers damage from pets and they said yes. We’ll see. One of managers pushed all the extra warranties pretty hard. “The GX has over 15,000 parts...blah, blah, blah”. Oh, and they wanted $500 for window tint. I told them they could remove it, I’d wait bc I refused to pay that. They took that off the price.

Other than that, I was pleased. It was my first time dealing with this dealership. I did everything via e-mail / phone, so when I got their, I did a quick test drive and look over, signed the papers, and was on my way within an hour.
Old 03-09-20, 08:15 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Yes, it is Roswell. It is a Resist All coverage plan that covers exterior stains, blemishes, etc and interior from all sorts of stuff. The coverage is for 7 years. I didn’t mind as I have a 200lb Great Dane and I specifically asked them if it covers damage from pets and they said yes. We’ll see. One of managers pushed all the extra warranties pretty hard. “The GX has over 15,000 parts...blah, blah, blah”. Oh, and they wanted $500 for window tint. I told them they could remove it, I’d wait bc I refused to pay that. They took that off the price.

Other than that, I was pleased. It was my first time dealing with this dealership. I did everything via e-mail / phone, so when I got their, I did a quick test drive and look over, signed the papers, and was on my way within an hour.
Congrats on the new truck!

Didnt know part of the manager training was knowing how many bolts the GX had lol. Good stuff on pushing back on the tint. The $500-600 add on nonsense is getting old real quick.

Old 03-12-20, 08:38 AM
joelv
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Just my two cents here on any one looking for a good deal similar to what was represented above. I came across a Toyota Document which showed how their employee pricing discount works on the lexus. Essentially employees are entitled to Invoice Price minus 3X wholesale financial reserve (another term for "holdback") minus any applicable national or regional rebates. Once Lexus dealer I worked with in the past provided me with their actual invoice printout which listed the amount of the wholesale financial reserve. Their employee pricing is likely to very close to their true cost or "floor" on their products, although we will never know because of hidden manufacturer to dealer incentives, bulk sales incentives, etc. I think the key to getting a deal better than invoice minus national/regional rebates is negotiating with multiple dealers and using a number close to Invoice - (3X wholesale financial reserve) - national/regional rebate. Also trying to negotiate drive out price is best so that additional dealer markup through doc fees etc are mitigated.
Old 03-12-20, 11:40 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joelv
Just my two cents here on any one looking for a good deal similar to what was represented above. I came across a Toyota Document which showed how their employee pricing discount works on the lexus. Essentially employees are entitled to Invoice Price minus 3X wholesale financial reserve (another term for "holdback") minus any applicable national or regional rebates. Once Lexus dealer I worked with in the past provided me with their actual invoice printout which listed the amount of the wholesale financial reserve. Their employee pricing is likely to very close to their true cost or "floor" on their products, although we will never know because of hidden manufacturer to dealer incentives, bulk sales incentives, etc. I think the key to getting a deal better than invoice minus national/regional rebates is negotiating with multiple dealers and using a number close to Invoice - (3X wholesale financial reserve) - national/regional rebate. Also trying to negotiate drive out price is best so that additional dealer markup through doc fees etc are mitigated.

Lets break it down here:

Current Deals
Invoice: 91% of sticker price
Lexus Cash: $2500 in March (2000 since MY20)
Best price according to invoice-LFS Csh would be around 14-16% off sticker

Lets use what numbers we can here to find Vehicle Supplier Pricing which I believe is VSPP
Lexus Cash: $2500 in March (2000 since MY20) Not applicable
VSPP of $5500 applicable

Best price according to invoice - VSPP would be around 19-20%.off sticker

--------------
Benchmark of Summer 18
Lexus Cash: $4000
Best price according was 22.8% off sticker

I and I assume others here would love to know holdback % and (3X wholesale financial reserve)
Old 03-12-20, 12:17 PM
joelv
Driver School Candidate

Most websites say holdback is 2% of base MSRP for Toyota/Lexus but those are simply estimates. The actual invoice sheet I viewed for a $55940 MSRP RX350L showed a Wholesale Financial Reserve of $1093. This is about 1.95% of total MSRP. I also wonder if WFR/Holdback changes between models depending on Model Demand/sales figures.

Lets break it down here:

Current Deals
Lexus Cash: $2500 in March (2000 since MY20)
Best price according to invoice-LFS Csh would be around 14-16% off sticker

Lets use what numbers we can here to find Vehicle Supplier Pricing which I believe is VSPP
Lexus Cash: $2500 in March (2000 since MY20) Not applicable
VSPP of $5500 applicable

Best price according to invoice - VSPP would be around 19-20%.off sticker

--------------
Benchmark of Summer 18
Lexus Cash: $4000
Best price according was 22.8% off sticker

I and I assume others here would love to know holdback % and (3X wholesale financial reserve)
Old 03-12-20, 03:03 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Most websites say holdback is 2% of base MSRP for Toyota/Lexus but those are simply estimates. The actual invoice sheet I viewed for a $55940 MSRP RX350L showed a Wholesale Financial Reserve of $1093. This is about 1.95% of total MSRP. I also wonder if WFR/Holdback changes between models depending on Model Demand/sales figures.

Well at this point some dealerships are going below invoice, which I equate to your WFR bit. We shall see about if I can figure out what other incentives folks are going in on.

Its interesting though, the dealerships with little inventory (12 units or less) are sticking with a good discounts off the bat, while those with large inventories are the ones with the stupidly bad deals lol.

Old 03-12-20, 03:58 PM
louscrw
Rookie

Well at this point some dealerships are going below invoice, which I equate to your WFR bit. We shall see about if I can figure out what other incentives folks are going in on.

Its interesting though, the dealerships with little inventory (12 units or less) are sticking with a good discounts off the bat, while those with large inventories are the ones with the stupidly bad deals lol.
I just looked at my paperwork.

MSRP: $58,865
Purchase Price: $49,365
- $3,500 in rebates/incentives (I know they gave me $1,000 for military appreciation, I’m not sure what the other $2,500 is)
final vehicle price = $45,865
Old 03-12-20, 03:59 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

- $3,500 in rebates/incentives (I know they gave me $1,000 for military appreciation, I’m not sure what the other $2,500 is)
Current incentives for buying without using Lexus loan is $2500.

Old 03-13-20, 07:26 AM
joelv
Driver School Candidate

If the 49365 price was before the lexus cash (2500), and the miltary rebate (1000), then that is an AMAZING deal! Almost 17% off MSRP before rebate means way below invoice and holdback calculations.

Old 03-13-20, 07:34 AM
louscrw
Rookie

If the 49365 price was before the lexus cash (2500), and the miltary rebate (1000), then that is an AMAZING deal! Almost 17% off MSRP before rebate means way below invoice and holdback calculations.
yes, the 49365 was before the 3500 in incentives. I got this deal at Nalley Lexus Roswell (just north of Atlanta, Ga)
Old 03-13-20, 09:47 AM
penberth
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

How did you negotiate the $49,865. Did you just walk in and that is what they offered? Did you just toss that number out?

I can't see my dealer going that low without hours and hours of haggling.

Quick Reply: 2020 Lease/Purchase