Old 05-26-20, 04:41 PM
jthoya
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supra725
well, looks like Im back in the market.

this is 2 options im looking at

1st.

2020 gx460 premium without sport + captains chair. the asking price is $57k before TTL. with all incentives, is about $54k out the door, ($7.5k off + 0% apr)

2nd.

2020 gx460 premium with sport and captains chair. the asking is $61k before TTL. The out the door price is $61k out the door ($6k off + 0% apr)

I tried to find an gx460 with captains chair but they are rare. this one is the only one I found around my area. most of them are premium without captains chair.

I want one with captains chair without the sport package and is like finding an unicorn.

my question is, is the sport package worth the price? is about an $7k different.

thanks
I have been looking for the same here in CA, i.e. premium package with captain's chairs and no sports package. For some reason, these are not available on the west coast. I don't know why. Per google, i am finding them in Texas, Tennessee, NJ, NY, FL and New England, etc. None in California.
Old 05-27-20, 07:31 PM
supra725
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Well. Looks like I’m with the GX and the GS family.

we ended up picking up an 2020 gx460 premium with sport package and captains chair.

is black with red interior.

originally we were looking for an nebula gray one without the captains chair but when we looked at it closer, it had a big dent on the trunk.

after test driving it, we fell in love with it and within 1.5 hours, we had the paper work signed and he had the car ready to go in the delivery area.

everything out the door was a little over $60k with $6k off and 0% apr.
The following users liked this post:
nuclearn8 (05-28-20)
Old 05-28-20, 11:34 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts

I'm assuming that the extended warranties run concurrently with the factory warranty, no? Those warranties have always seemed like a huge waste of money. You're buying Lexus, the quality always leads the league. If you were buying Mercedes, then yes, double up on the warranties.
Old 05-30-20, 03:32 PM
depechek
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skang330
Alright, here is my breakdown of my purchase. I've done a lot a research and have bought many cars this way. I initially tried to get a 2020 GX Premium w/ an MSRP of $57,780 for the low $52-54k OTD price. I got those numbers based off quotes from others on this forum, but after factoring the tax difference, which varies by state, it was going to be hard for me to do here. (TX @ 6.5%). Most that got the low OTD prices were in states with low taxes / no taxes. Also with those low OTD prices, they were not getting the .9% Lexus Financial pricing. The .9% financing vs 3% ish is a big difference in the course of the full 60 month term. With this all being said, here is my breakdown.

2020 Lexus GX 460 Premium
MSRP - $58,780
Purchase Price - $51,895.00
Total OTD Price (including tax) - $55,473.44
Financing - 0.9% for 60 months w/ no payment for 90 days

Just note that on a vehicle that is $55k, the difference between 0.9% and 3% is $3029.27.

Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts. Also wanted to point out, I ran into a lot of dealers that were hoarding their GX 460 to sell at minimal discount because of the shortage in supply. Apparently, most dealers are not going to get any til July. Is it possible to get a better deal in the fall... maybe... but with the 0.9%, who knows.
Skang330 you mind pm'ing me the sales person info? Wouldn't mind getting the same deal.
Old 06-01-20, 05:52 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Looks like inventory is incredibly low. Those of you waiting around for a "good deal" because of COVID, good luck.
Old 06-01-20, 11:02 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Looks like inventory is incredibly low. Those of you waiting around for a "good deal" because of COVID, good luck.
Depends on whats your source for that information is. Us plebians have access to public information that rely on dealer marketing departments posting their inventories online and it seems a couple things are happening:

1) Dealers had pulled back their listings from public sites since mid March and while some have returned, alot have yet to relist them. Listings are still above a thousand units regardless which is typical for the GX.
2) GX Factory never shut down
3) Mid May correction for the first time in history to offer 0 percent apr from LFS. Interesting to see Lexus pull any such change in almost a decade albeit with dwindling inventory.

Old 06-02-20, 09:49 AM
joelv
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Depends on whats your source for that information is. Us plebians have access to public information that rely on dealer marketing departments posting their inventories online and it seems a couple things are happening:

1) Dealers had pulled back their listings from public sites since mid March and while some have returned, alot have yet to relist them. Listings are still above a thousand units regardless which is typical for the GX.
2) GX Factory never shut down
3) Mid May correction for the first time in history to offer 0 percent apr from LFS. Interesting to see Lexus pull any such change in almost a decade albeit with dwindling inventory.
It seems that a lot of dealers/salespersons are using this (low inventory) as an argument to not sell at a discount. However, your points above in relation to 0% APR, 0% APR combined with cash rebate, or higher cash rebates seem to point otherwise.

I'm trying to negotiate a deal on a GX or RX but it seems hard to get far past the salespeople when presenting an initial offer. I'm offering 15% off MSRP + lexus cash + ttl in an effort to get as close to the 10-13% off MSRP that others on this forum have gotten. However, many salespeople think this is impossible. I wish it were easier to speak directly with management at these dealers.
Old 06-02-20, 11:54 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joelv
It seems that a lot of dealers/salespersons are using this (low inventory) as an argument to not sell at a discount. However, your points above in relation to 0% APR, 0% APR combined with cash rebate, or higher cash rebates seem to point otherwise.

I'm trying to negotiate a deal on a GX or RX but it seems hard to get far past the salespeople when presenting an initial offer. I'm offering 15% off MSRP + lexus cash + ttl in an effort to get as close to the 10-13% off MSRP that others on this forum have gotten. However, many salespeople think this is impossible. I wish it were easier to speak directly with management at these dealers.
Well it seems like the month I decided not to post my end of month prediction for next month, Lexus decides to showcase their best and brightest offers to folks.

Here are the details for folks buying:

0% apr for 60 months
OR
$4000 MFG to customer cash (thanks for listening to my comments Lexus)

This amount of cash was last seen back in 2018 when the deals were as good as 77.8% off sticker cash with external financing/cash.

Good luck

Last edited by coolsaber; 06-04-20 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-02-20, 01:01 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

I keep an eye on three dealers near me. They typically have 25-30 GX at all times.

Lexington - 15
Louisville - 1
Rivercenter - 10

And it looks like Lexington recently got a shipment, because they were around 10 as well. Not really sure what Louisville is doing. They had 19 last week. I know they didn't sell 18 this weekend.
Old 06-02-20, 01:44 PM
Mazderati
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Got a quote for $50k OTD on a $58,650 MSRP. $500 of that $50k is sales tax. Think I'm going to take it.

Last edited by Mazderati; 06-02-20 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-02-20, 02:08 PM
Alexd3498
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

These are amazing deals, it's a bummer i won't be in the market until the fall or winter. Think December to remember will have similar deals or is this the best I can get all year?
Old 06-02-20, 06:05 PM
CFAI
Instructor

Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

Wow! I can't believe it is only $500 for NY tax!!! Congrats!
Old 06-02-20, 06:22 PM
Mazderati
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Did the deal at $50k OTD in SC (need to update location) which is $49,500 OTD before taxes. The new car sales tax cap sounds great but the rest is made up in annual property taxes. So, there's a data point of reference for someone else looking to buy.

Last edited by Mazderati; 06-02-20 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-03-20, 10:40 AM
joelv
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mazderati
Did the deal at $50k OTD in SC (need to update location) which is $49,500 OTD before taxes. The new car sales tax cap sounds great but the rest is made up in annual property taxes. So, there's a data point of reference for someone else looking to buy.
Congrats on your new purchase! Would you midn posting the price sheet whenever you have a chance, and also as much of the breakdown (sales price vs. dealer fees vs tags etc..) ? Looking to mimic a similar deal in Texas but dealers here are pulling the "low inventory" bit.
Old 06-04-20, 05:10 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joelv

While I dont know your specific style of working with dealers, my 2 cents is dealers dont care what you offer them (sometimes your offer allows them to sort, screen and "fire" customers from first contact), the price is set by "the market". As such, dont give them a price you think you should be paying. Find a couple dealers that you can work with, and ask them for OTD offers to compare what "the market" is and go from there. Eventually after going through many "markets prices" or "were loosing money on this deal" you`ll find the floor.

Quick Reply: 2020 Lease/Purchase