GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2020 Lease/Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-20, 07:34 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

tbh usually I`d say anything 75-80% off sticker at this point in time or close to the used pricing to the used market comparos. Yes its asking for a lot, but comeone MY20s are probably gonna be EOP, and I assume the Luxury is missing the new headlights, safety tech, interior appointments basically a 2 year old model at this point.

However:

1) Used markets hot/superinflated right now, that usually means they wont sell it to ya below cost to move a unit if they can get more on this new used market.
2) If they have a MY19 at this point in stock on a GX that typically sells enough (this aint no RC-F/GS-F) whats the reason for having this unit? Was it a demo, was it a dealer loaner/managers car, or just a unit that never moved? Their first offer is nice, but I`d push for more.

Lets us know how it goes.
Old 07-31-20, 09:09 AM
spectrum1c
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
State of the US GX July 2020 LOL:

-Only dealers will know what next months program are starting 8/4/2020
-Inventory wise, Lexus US GX inventory has finally hit a low level across the board in almost all states; 800-900. Certain States of course are doing much much better (low double digits) so explore those dealerships first.
-MY21 SOP I have no clue.
-Right now the highest you should be paying, excluding all Lexus to Customer cash/lease cash is 9-10% before subtracting the 4k. Quite doable (it wont be your first offer if thats your mindset). If you want to stay close to home (in todays world totally get it) you might have to sacrifice a bigger discount.
-As usual Premiums are the majority on the ground, base and Luxury are spartan.
-Sport packages are interestingly not that popular of a combo like they were earlier in the year.
Thanks so much for your help and advice coolsaber. We were able to buy just a bit over 8% off MSRP (including dealer fees) before discounts. A little more than others, but my wife wanted very specific colors and features, leaving us only 5 vehicles within driving distance for us (the GX we're buying is 3.5 hours away, so not bad)
We had almost given up on the GX 460 because non of the dealers we contacted seemed to want to budge on price and treating us like we were being ridiculous for expecting any discount other than what Lexus was providing themselves. We changed direction and started looking at Q7s bc of all the features we wanted but well over 10k less with very little negotiating.
Your advice put us back onto the GX- littleraly as a last ditch effort, i emailed all 5 dealerships with the car we wanted and asked for their best offer. Only 3 replied with actual offers while the other 2 were clearly only willing to deal in person. We went back and forth with them a few times, but by the end of the day only one was close to the 9-10% goal (after including dealer fees), which we were happy with
The following users liked this post:
coolsaber (07-31-20)
Old 07-31-20, 02:04 PM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

tbh usually I`d say anything 75-80% off sticker at this point in time or close to the used pricing to the used market comparos. Yes its asking for a lot, but comeone MY20s are probably gonna be EOP, and I assume the Luxury is missing the new headlights, safety tech, interior appointments basically a 2 year old model at this point.

However:

1) Used markets hot/superinflated right now, that usually means they wont sell it to ya below cost to move a unit if they can get more on this new used market.
2) If they have a MY19 at this point in stock on a GX that typically sells enough (this aint no RC-F/GS-F) whats the reason for having this unit? Was it a demo, was it a dealer loaner/managers car, or just a unit that never moved? Their first offer is nice, but I`d push for more.

Lets us know how it goes.
I'd certainly jump at anything close to that... (what a difference an extra "f" makes....). Right now, they are 12% off MSRP (or 88% of sticker ). 80% would be $53k.

My goal was that if I could get a GX close to a 4R TRD-Pro, then it would be a good deal.

Are the new headlights a significant improvement and does that improvement offset that grill? The improved safety gizmos are a draw, but are those worth $ 10 -15k?

What is the target for a 2020 if one takes the 0%?
Old 07-31-20, 05:52 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cb1111
I'd certainly jump at anything close to that... (what a difference an extra "f" makes....). Right now, they are 12% off MSRP (or 88% of sticker ). 80% would be $53k.

My goal was that if I could get a GX close to a 4R TRD-Pro, then it would be a good deal.

Are the new headlights a significant improvement and does that improvement offset that grill? The improved safety gizmos are a draw, but are those worth $ 10 -15k?

What is the target for a 2020 if one takes the 0%?
Whats your use case is the question and do you value the additional tech as little as it maybe as much? In addition getting into any type of MY20, and requiring MTS/Crawl pegs you at the Luxury with offroad package at the bare minimum for MY20 (MY19 is much more mod friendly).

I`d say throw out some feelers on MY20 Luxury with the Offroad Package to see where the markets at in your local area and then compare.

Right now I have seen some interesting things:

A dealer on the east coast had a practically unselllable MY19 leftover, Mica Base GX without even heated and ventilated seats. Once they converted (fairly recently) it into a used unit, that unit moved in a short amount of time. Same dealer has a MY20 GX luxury with 96 miles...used Price $59k.

Good Luck on your search!

Old 08-01-20, 06:30 PM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Whats your use case is the question and do you value the additional tech as little as it maybe as much? In addition getting into any type of MY20, and requiring MTS/Crawl pegs you at the Luxury with offroad package at the bare minimum for MY20 (MY19 is much more mod friendly).

I`d say throw out some feelers on MY20 Luxury with the Offroad Package to see where the markets at in your local area and then compare.

Right now I have seen some interesting things:

A dealer on the east coast had a practically unselllable MY19 leftover, Mica Base GX without even heated and ventilated seats. Once they converted (fairly recently) it into a used unit, that unit moved in a short amount of time. Same dealer has a MY20 GX luxury with 96 miles...used Price $59k.

Good Luck on your search!
Unfortunately all the 20's with Luxury and OffRoad also have that (IMO) useless sport package - so $71k MSRP and the best offers have been in the low 60's.
Old 08-04-20, 05:43 AM
kwijyboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well. The $4K off/ 0% financing deals are no longer active. I don't see any replacement either.
Old 08-04-20, 05:47 AM
S4cruiser
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kwijyboy
Well. The $4K off/ 0% financing deals are no longer active. I don't see any replacement either.
I just checked and all the previous incentives were extended through 8/31. Lease cash/loyalty/finance/purchase cash. Zip code is 27705
Old 08-04-20, 10:10 AM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Change your zip code to something like 27705 or 22102 and see if the incentives change.

Originally Posted by S4cruiser
I just checked and all the previous incentives were extended through 8/31. Lease cash/loyalty/finance/purchase cash. Zip code is 27705
Right. Incentives on the east coast have been extended.
Old 08-04-20, 03:09 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,668 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Washington state offers as of today through 8.31.2020

Old 08-04-20, 04:02 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

While I cant confirm every single zip code out there. Did a couple of zip codes in various regions and they all seem to have the same incentives as last month. A couple of finance incentives have disappeared (down payment cash) on some models like the RX-L, but overall state of affairs is the same.

What i am intrigued about is how Lexus moved about the same amount of GXes even with only about 700-900 units in stock at any given moment in the month of july?

Old 08-07-20, 10:32 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Lease deals on the GX are terrible right now. I mean some areas are doing $600.....hard pass atm
Old 08-07-20, 10:36 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Lease deals on the GX are terrible right now. I mean some areas are doing $600.....hard pass atm
I was looking at a Lexus dealership in New Jersey jsut for s-and giggles. THey had 1 GX in their inventory. Literally just 1. So I see why deals arent lucrative.
Old 08-08-20, 07:33 AM
kwijyboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If looking for a specific color and feature combination, is there a way to do a national search? Inventory seems limited and once I find one that matches what I want, it is sold (even though still listed online).
Old 08-08-20, 01:05 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

If looking for a specific color and feature combination, is there a way to do a national search? Inventory seems limited and once I find one that matches what I want, it is sold (even though still listed online).
Besides searching online and reaching out to the dealership to confirm they have it, not really.
Old 08-08-20, 05:03 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

If you work with them you can essentially get a GX for about 79% of MSRP.
Base->43K
Prem->45-46k
Lux->55-56
Is that still valid? I remember back in '18, I have seen a loaded premium go for around 45k.

I'm thinking of trading my leased 18 GX and purchasing a 20 GX premium. I think the price would roughly about the same if I end up keeping the 18 GX vs purchasing new one.

Quick Reply: 2020 Lease/Purchase