Old 10-20-19, 10:50 PM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by obadea
I went to see a 2020 in person over the weekend, and here are my observations:
- New look is great
- Safety System+ great to see it standard
- Updated shift handle, rear view mirror.
- They REMOVED power folding mirrors from the PREMIUM
- No other changes at ALL, same Nav as I have in my 2015 Sienna (Not even rotating yellow lines on the backup camera)

I was very disappointed they are REMOVING things instead of adding. I believe at this point, I will have to pass on the GX.
They also removed leather from the Premium, now it's NuLuxe.
Old 10-21-19, 06:49 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by tecman
Side door molding removed is disappointing as well..
I personally like it a lot better without. Gives it a cleaner look; however, I do see why people like the moldings.
Old 10-21-19, 10:48 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by tecman
Side door molding removed is disappointing as well..

easily added on

lexus seems intent on attracting new masses to this suv.
older owners just see this as eye candy and nothing new
i would suspect owners of 2010-2013 would however upgrade.
2013-2019 owners, not so much maybe.
Old 10-21-19, 02:32 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,652 Likes on 2,391 Posts

Looks like you need Multi-terrain Monitor on a Luxury for guide lines that turn in reverse.

Originally Posted by obadea
I went to see a 2020 in person over the weekend, and here are my observations:

- No other changes at ALL, same Nav as I have in my 2015 Sienna (Not even rotating yellow lines on the backup camera)

I .
Old 10-22-19, 03:19 AM
bowhun2r
Pit Crew

Received 154 Likes on 60 Posts

Hi guys,

Seeing this is a recent price thread...didn't want to create a separate thread.

First post in ClubLexus...been a T4R member since early 2006. Looking to trade my wife's 14 T4R LE on a 2019 460 Premium. There are 2 with the color combo she wants and I bought the current T4R 5 years ago this month as the new 2015's where hitting the lot. She keeps her trucks much longer than I do so I don't mind having a "new" but one model year old truck in the garage.

Here is my question. This would be our first experience with Lexus and they are telling me (Pittsburgh area Lexus dealer) there is zero negotiating on the price. Something about the "new Lexus experience...". I've gone through like 3 T4Rs and 7 Tacomas over the past decade accustomed to negotiating some leeway in pricing. The past 3 4Runners and two Tacomas were purchased from the same sales rep (unfortunately his dealership is only Toyota). Is this the case on all Lexus dealers? Zero negotiating to make the experience "more enjoyable" as it was stated to me (via an email video clip from the rep responding to my email query).

I have an excel spreadsheet with price of new truck, trade-in value of my truck, tax on difference, doc fee, title fee, OTD cash in hand. She responded simply by saying..."there is no negotiating on the price of the truck".

Here is the truck: https://www.rohrichlexus.com/invento...bm7fx5k5237810

The only mention of moving on the price is "days on lot" which is about 65 days now. That part I totally understand...but wasn't familiar with the zero negotiation policy.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Old 10-22-19, 04:31 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Received 605 Likes on 366 Posts

@bowhun2r Find another dealer... I am from the burgh originally and they do try strong arm ya quite a bit up there because they don't sell a whole lot of Lexus in Pgh.
I could walk in to any DFW lexus dealer and get at least 7.5% (if ordered), probably 10% off msrp (if on the lot). It's really a supply and demand thing..... you can't pull up to a stop sign without encountering at least 1 GX down here.. you could always buy remote and drive back... the difference would still likely net you a 4-5k savings.... sell your vehicle outright to carfax (they give more than trade usually but slightly less than private party selling)...
whatever you do, never, ever buy a vehicle at msrp.
Vehicles only depreciate so buying 1-2 years used is probably the best value...

(our personal experience: we bought a loaded 2017 GX in Nov 2018 (had everything with sticker 73k) for 50K... that's 23K depreciation in 18 months someone else ate... no one buys this model vehicle as an investment so ignoring the ridiculous depreciation the first few years of ownership for a GX didn't seem like a smart financial move for us... (or anyone regardless how much money you have) we put 6k down and financed 44.5K at a new car rate since it was <18 months old and had under 25k miles (17,500)... not a single regret. financially we bought a 4R and got a Lexus (which by the way is superior in every way, we came from owning 2 prior 4Runners....)

cream puff GX's coming off lease down here in DFW are all over the place. they're all rust free too... fly down and drive one home and give a beep to those clowns at Rohrich on your way past... it's an easy 2 day drive.
The following 2 users liked this post by nuclearn8:
bowhun2r (10-22-19), SteveInCal (10-23-19)
Old 10-22-19, 05:33 AM
LexusGXFan
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

I will take a NuLuxe interior any day over the Leather that Lexus uses.
Old 10-23-19, 03:12 PM
bowhun2r
Pit Crew

Received 154 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by nuclearn8
@bowhun2r Find another dealer... I am from the burgh originally and they do try strong arm ya quite a bit up there because they don't sell a whole lot of Lexus in Pgh.

That's exactly what I did. Bobby Rahal Lexus... I've purchased multiple BMW's from them from the same sales rep (Rahal has a BMW dealership very close to us). Unfortunately... I wasn't able to use my same rep for a new Lexus (he said he could have done a used Lexus and transferred it over). He told me to use his name in communications with Rahal Lexus. That's exactly what I did and I'm headed out tomorrow to pickup our new (I'm just the managing owner...wife will be driving this) GX. They not only gave me more for our truck, they also gave us a much larger dealer discount. I did one email... countered with what I wanted to do... came back with "we can do that...when do you want to pick it up?"

I have an easy 3 hour ride on the turn pike..

Looking forward to a few mods... nothing like my 4Runner...but some subtle mods.

The following 2 users liked this post by bowhun2r:
hadokenuh (10-23-19), nuclearn8 (10-24-19)
Old 10-23-19, 04:28 PM
henfield
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A little taste of some new tech for 2020 as Lexus tries to prepare themselves and prove the new tech before it becomes part of the next generation GX.
Old 10-24-19, 04:10 PM
andres0603
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

So far I have been trying to get a decent discount in NC/SC area on a 2020 with sport package but they wont come down from 58K No luck yet!!!
Old 10-28-19, 06:15 PM
andres0603
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

hello everyone best price i got was 56K with Sport Design Package plus TTL
Old 10-28-19, 10:32 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I guess there aren’t any rebates on these cars. In July of 18, I picked up my new GX premium with a hitch for 45300 plus taxes. Msrp was 60.1k.

Id wait around for rebates if you are not in a rush.
Old 10-29-19, 05:25 AM
LFC
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE
I guess there aren’t any rebates on these cars. In July of 18, I picked up my new GX premium with a hitch for 45300 plus taxes. Msrp was 60.1k.

There's $1500 Lexus Cash available on the 2020 GX.
https://www.lexus.com/offers
Old 10-30-19, 10:26 AM
hadokenuh
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE

Wow that's a ridiculously great deal. Were you able to get all the rebates they offered like regular cash, military rebates, etc. and stole then some j/k. Congrats on a great deal!

My deal was invoice minus 4K rebates I was very happy
The following users liked this post:
JDMUSCLE (10-30-19)
Old 10-30-19, 11:01 AM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
Wow that's a ridiculously great deal. Were you able to get all the rebates they offered like regular cash, military rebates, etc. and stole then some j/k. Congrats on a great deal!

My deal was invoice minus 4K rebates I was very happy
My deal was invoice minus rebate minus holdback minus finance reserve and then some. Lol

Didnt qualify for military or recent college grad rebates.
The following users liked this post:
hadokenuh (10-30-19)

Quick Reply: 2020 Lease/Purchase