GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2020 Lease/Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-20, 09:56 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

find a dealer whose able to move GX volume, and see if they have what your looking for on the lot, or do special order. The combo you want is rare, and as usual expect invoice minus lexus cash to be the best deal you can get if special ordering it.
Old 02-01-20, 12:17 PM
Pintail777
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in Texas and they don't seem to want to deal around here. I also tried the Costco program and the response was that none of the participating dealers in my area meets Costco's price requirement. I also tried to order but was told by two dealerships that it wasn't possible.
The following users liked this post:
hadokenuh (02-01-20)
Old 02-01-20, 12:25 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Pintail777
I'm in Texas and they don't seem to want to deal around here. I also tried the Costco program and the response was that none of the participating dealers in my area meets Costco's price requirement. I also tried to order but was told by two dealerships that it wasn't possible.
What were you thinking of a fair price to pay?

I dont know of any vehicles that would fit your requirements, so dealing is going to be a bit different. I`d start with a simple email sending out a clear message:

Invoice-Any lexus rebates I qualify for at the time of delivery + a refundable deposit

Texas has got a lot of dealers, so I assume at least one dealer will take you up on it

Last edited by coolsaber; 02-03-20 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-02-20, 08:14 AM
TXDiver
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
find a dealer whose able to move GX volume, and see if they have what your looking for on the lot, or do special order. The combo you want is rare, and as usual expect invoice minus lexus cash to be the best deal you can get if special ordering it.
You're right. My local dealer said no discounts on a Luxury, other than whatever factory incentives were offered at the time of delivery. I was able to find and negotiate $2K + factory discounts in the DFW area. There are only 15 dealers in Texas listed on Lexus,com. They have small inventories and high demand. It's nothing like when I purchased my 2019 F250 King Ranch. There's 15 Ford dealers within 50 miles.
Old 02-02-20, 12:13 PM
hadokenuh
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

I am from Houston, Texas.

People over here love Lexus and luxury cars and buy them without thinking too much. College students buy them. Students with part time jobs buy them. College grads buy them. In some area you'd see 4, 5 RX350s and other Lexus at every red lights. Many people buy with cash. Some dealerships have "no haggle" pricing policy on their CPO models. Go figured LOL.

Dealers don't need to discount as much as to move them over here.
Old 02-03-20, 08:27 AM
CFAI
Instructor

Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

I was able to negotiate a bit on a CPO GX in TX. I got $1,250 (about 4%) off of a 2013 CPO in the Austin TX area without any drama last summer. I prob could have gotten a few bucks more off, but I wanted the 2013 front end (for looks and less $$$ than 14+), with Ecru interior, and I had been looking for a while since there wasn't much CPO stock of them. It seemed like a fair deal. They also gave me what seemed like a good deal - to the degree that one thinks extended warranties are ever a good deal - for a 3 year VSA/Lcert extension (so 5 years unlimited miles). Of course, this may not be pertinent to the OP. Good luck in finding what you want!

Last edited by CFAI; 02-03-20 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-03-20, 10:18 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
I am from Houston, Texas.

People over here love Lexus and luxury cars and buy them without thinking too much. College students buy them. Students with part time jobs buy them. College grads buy them. In some area you'd see 4, 5 RX350s and other Lexus at every red lights. Many people buy with cash. Some dealerships have "no haggle" pricing policy on their CPO models. Go figured LOL.

Dealers don't need to discount as much as to move them over here.
Thats unfortunate to hear. There exist some dealers in particular regions who truly have enough folks who will pay close to/or msrp for one reason or another. There are some dealerships that move plenty of volume, such as Sewell that have been quite good in Texas. I`d start there and move around to see whats what.
Old 02-03-20, 06:38 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by TXDiver
You're right. My local dealer said no discounts on a Luxury, other than whatever factory incentives were offered at the time of delivery. I was able to find and negotiate $2K + factory discounts in the DFW area. There are only 15 dealers in Texas listed on Lexus,com. They have small inventories and high demand. It's nothing like when I purchased my 2019 F250 King Ranch. There's 15 Ford dealers within 50 miles.
I walked Lexus of Clear Lakes back lot several times a few weeks ago. I didn't count, but they easily had 20 GXs back there. They had more GXs than they did RXs.

I just looked at cars.com. They show 323 GXs within 500 miles of Houston. "Over 1 Thousand" nationally.

Last edited by jjscsix; 02-03-20 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-03-20, 08:06 PM
AzAL
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Costco

I used Costco and bought a 2020 premium, MSRP 58600. The Costco price was 54500 and there was a 2000 rebate through feb 3. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
bbqsoup (02-04-20)
Old 02-07-20, 12:45 PM
GXinMD
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JZNC
Yes, dealer in RTP can match it but this is a dealer in Maryland and we are gonna go with them.
Hi... I'm looking to buy a GX and in Maryland... can u share which dealership u went with and how much were u able to buy it for? thanks
Old 02-07-20, 04:15 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

OP mentions which lexus dealership and sales associate in the post just above yours.
Old 02-07-20, 05:06 PM
427Monster
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GXinMD
Hi... I'm looking to buy a GX and in Maryland... can u share which dealership u went with and how much were u able to buy it for? thanks

Just went thru the process.

Rockville, Silver Spring, and Towson all offered me $7.0-7.5k discounts on first pass via text.
I'm pretty sure I could get $8.0-8.5k if I went in person and pressed harder.

I ended up with $8k off on a $58k car from PA dealer because it had the color combo my wife wanted.
Old 02-07-20, 05:59 PM
GXinMD
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 427Monster
Just went thru the process.

Rockville, Silver Spring, and Towson all offered me $7.0-7.5k discounts on first pass via text.
I'm pretty sure I could get $8.0-8.5k if I went in person and pressed harder.

I ended up with $8k off on a $58k car from PA dealer because it had the color combo my wife wanted.
Can you share the PA dealer info... so far, I’m getting $55k for GX Premium and will have to use their finance, not the 1.9% being offered by Lexus... something about the rebate the dealer is offering me will be void if I choose the Lexus finance and my price will go up (per dealer)... Is $55k for 2020 GX Premium a good deal... the only optional feature I got is wood trim, front/rear heated seat and that’s all I need.
Old 02-07-20, 06:56 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Can you share the PA dealer info... so far, I’m getting $55k for GX Premium and will have to use their finance, not the 1.9% being offered by Lexus... something about the rebate the dealer is offering me will be void if I choose the Lexus finance and my price will go up (per dealer)... Is $55k for 2020 GX Premium a good deal... the only optional feature I got is wood trim, front/rear heated seat and that’s all I need.
Never let the dealer dictate the terms. Read and fully understand what Lexus is offering, especially in the fine prints. Walk in there with color, options and the out the door price (do keep in the back of your mind the highest you are willing to pay if they give you a counter offer). Oh and dont be afraid to walk away and call them back letting them know you "found" an offer somewhere else and if they can beat it you will go and sign the papers same day.
Old 02-07-20, 08:05 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

+1 on situman.

Tidbits for you:
1) 55k isnt the best deal by a long stretch unless thats some kind of OTD price?
2) If your working with dealers in the PA area, what other offers do you have in hand? The GX is fairly a simple vehicle to package and the Premium grade is by far the most popular trim so you should have plenty of inventory to work with. The differences in premium are usually down to the port installed accessories like trailer hitch or floor mat combo OR someones added the sport design pack which pushes a premium into the 60k territory
3) in terms of the rebate OR the financing bit, your dealer is correct. Lexus website states the same, the rebate CANNOT be combined with the 1.9. Your best bet however is two fold.
a) Find a credit union or even your normal bank and seek a loan from them. Usually the going rate is 2.9 for 60 with great credit. Take that loan offer sheet and then approach your dealer. Usually they have finance reserves/incentives from their group of banks they work with who may be able to match or beat the offer sheet in your hand, sometimes but rarely offer you a better deal. Always tho make sure you have a good review of any loan offers they present.
b) Compare the best rate vs the rebate (2k currently on a finance) in any online car loan calculator. Usually tho unless the interest rate is 0, your gonna be better off with the cash.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by coolsaber; 02-07-20 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: 2020 Lease/Purchase