GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

All Weather Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-16, 07:56 AM
2506ackley
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. Do you know if they made them in any other coler than black? That is all I could find as well
Old 12-10-16, 08:10 AM
PapaLeo
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I personally never seen other color of a factory all weather mats from Lexus than black. It doesn't mean that they don't exist. You may want to check with the eBay seller by asking him that question. Since he is Lexus dealer, he should be able to answer that.
If other color is a must, weather tech might be the other option (even that your wife doesn't like). I had them in my previous car and mats had a perfect fit and finish.
Old 12-10-16, 08:15 AM
2506ackley
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the idea. I have weather tech mats in my truck but my wife does not like them. Black will have to work.
Old 09-04-18, 12:01 AM
psun786
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default OEM vs WeatherTech vs Husky floor mats?

Hi, I just pick up a 2018 GX460 (TAN interior / captain seats 2nd row) today and is wondering who make the best all weather floor mats for this car? I really like how Husky covers the center aisle but not sure about their fitment? Thanks!
Old 09-04-18, 06:55 AM
stoomac
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

My 2018 has the Flaxen interior (basically cream) with dark brown floors. It came with the OEM mats but I wasn’t happy with the coverage (I have three kids with a passion for creativity in messiness). I’ve got the weather tech in there now which provide great coverage and match the brown however I have the bench so no need for the center coverage. I do have captain’s seats in our minivan, and had the weather tech with center/third row coverage in there - it became a huge pain as I had to remove it every time we put the third row down for extra trunk space. Not sure how the Husky’s are setup but would check that you could keep the third row down and maintain coverage. Congrats on the new truck!
Old 09-04-18, 08:04 AM
Nickk6
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

I've used weathertechs on a different vehicle and have OEM all weather mats in my GX and they are way better fit and finish than weathertechs. The weathertechs are lighter and more of a harder plastic, the oems are molded rubber and very dense, so they seem to stay in place really well. OEM all weather also has center coverage, at least the ones I ordered do, plus they say GX.
Old 09-04-18, 10:19 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 422 Posts

I have WeatherTech and while their fit is good, the micro pores in them make it impossible to clean out mud and fine dirt. Some reported that the edges also curve up. The front cover the outter part of the edge more than OEM. For the trunk, get OEM, due to lighter weight as Nickk6 mentioned, it keeps sliding backward. Plus with OEM you can use it with 3rd row up.
If I do it over again, I'd go OEM.

Last edited by bbqsoup; 09-04-18 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-04-18, 10:33 AM
heckeljohn
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the weathertech. In the last 6 months, 1) I've dropped a coffee, and 2) Picked my son up from Junior Lifeguards when he's absolutely covered in beach sand. Cleans right up in less than 30 seconds.
Old 09-05-18, 09:35 AM
psun786
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks everyone. I always had weathertech in other cars and they are great. At the end, I decide to go with OEM this time due to possibly better color match (sepia).
Old 09-05-18, 10:16 AM
ltsr
Pole Position

Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by bbqsoup
I have WeatherTech and while their fit is good, the micro pores in them make it impossible to clean out mud and fine dirt. Some reported that the edges also curve up. The front cover the outter part of the edge more than OEM. For the trunk, get OEM, due to lighter weight as Nickk6 mentioned, it keeps sliding backward. Plus with OEM you can use it with 3rd row up.
If I do it over again, I'd go OEM.
Thanks for this advice. I went ahead and ordered weathertech for the front/middle row and went OEM with the cargo area. I've had full sets of weather techs in my previous vehicles, so hearing about the cargo tray is disappointing.
Old 09-05-18, 12:27 PM
spd33
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Husky all the way for me. I've had numerous sets of WeatherTech in different vehicles and the edges always curl and they are also nearly impossible to get clean. The husky in my gx460 have been awesome! I don't think they make a 3rd row mat however.
Old 09-05-18, 02:43 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,615 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by spd33
Husky all the way for me. I've had numerous sets of WeatherTech in different vehicles and the edges always curl and they are also nearly impossible to get clean. The husky in my gx460 have been awesome! I don't think they make a 3rd row mat however.
I had thought I got an OEM but actually it was this 3D Max spider one.. I do have WTs for the rest of rig.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...ather-mat.html

The following users liked this post:
spd33 (09-05-18)
Old 12-01-18, 05:19 PM
whalley
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Installed some Weathertech's today on my 2012 GX460; they fit well but I did have to warm them up inside to get the rear unit to lay down flat. They ship the rear mat folded in half and the cold temp makes the plastic a bit rigid. An hour indoors and it was all gone.

Old 12-02-18, 12:40 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

I like husky: been a weather tech guy or a while but I read somewhere that they are little wider near the door edges so they cover better. Will post some pics
that the first thing I did after I got the gx ordered liners.
Old 12-03-18, 10:59 AM
Yona
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My GX came with brand new weathertech mats but I still opted for the oem mats and cargo liner. The prefer appearance and fit of the oem mats. However, I may switch to the weathertech cargo liner down the road. The oem looks great but isn't rigid like the weathertech. Loading and unloading heavier items is more difficult because they don't slide as well.

Quick Reply: All Weather Floor Mats