GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Lexi's Ownership Log

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-21, 04:37 AM
M4rk
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Awesome thread and the truck looks fantastic. Appreciate you putting in the time and effort to document everything, and hyperlink the products you use. Thank you!

Had a chuckle at this: "-Added 1/4" thick neoprene washers to the back of license plate to keep it off the paint." I do the same on all my cars. It should be standard equipment.
The following users liked this post:
nuclearn8 (03-24-21)
Old 05-20-21, 06:10 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Received 594 Likes on 360 Posts

Welp, Yesterday we confirmed my wife is pregnant!

Time to shop for a good seat protector for the leather. Any suggestions for a protector or car seat? Want one that's super functional/ multi/use and has a somewhat collapsible stroller that will fit in the cargo area.

Also ordering up some Fluid Film for a thorough undercarriage coating in July (it's going to be super hot in Texas but have to do it!) since we are moving to VA and won't have time to do it after we close on the house and before winter sets in and they start coating the roads...
The following 6 users liked this post by nuclearn8:
Acrad (05-20-21), GXLEXD (05-20-21), hzhao (05-21-21), ltsr (05-20-21), M4rk (05-21-21), william489 (08-21-21) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-20-21, 07:41 AM
ltsr
Pole Position

Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by nuclearn8

Time to shop for a good seat protector for the leather. Any suggestions for a protector or car seat? Want one that's super functional/ multi/use and has a somewhat collapsible stroller that will fit in the cargo area.

Also ordering up some Fluid Film for a thorough undercarriage coating in July (it's going to be super hot in Texas but have to do it!) since we are moving to VA and won't have time to do it after we close on the house and before winter sets in and they start coating the roads...
Congratulations! That car seat + stroller question is a loaded question lol. We are a nuna family, so everything we own is from them. I just have a basic car seat protector from amazon on both our lexuses. I have checked underneath to make sure there is no residue over time. Buy a portable vacuum to keep the car clean, well if you want to attempt to keep it clean. I first bought a cigarette lighter powered vacuum and evolved to using a battery powered one to move around much quicker.
nuclearn8 (05-20-21)
Old 05-20-21, 09:31 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 599 Likes on 425 Posts

Congratulations to you and your wife. I've used similar seat mats in my minivan for many years and it worked well to keep stuffs off the leather. Easy to hose down as well. For infant, most of the carseat is a bit bulky and not really collapsible but they have bases that can easily remove or move to different car.

Similar to the mat I used
Amazon Amazon

nuclearn8 (05-20-21)
Old 05-20-21, 03:07 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,385 Posts

Congratulations!

The following 2 users liked this post by Acrad:
nuclearn8 (05-20-21), william489 (08-21-21)
Old 05-20-21, 07:58 PM
JRT3
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrats! We have another due in a week too. Was considering a towel to protect the seat underneath car seat, but perhaps the Lusso protector would be worth it.
nuclearn8 (05-21-21)
Old 05-21-21, 04:29 AM
M4rk
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Congrats! Expecting a continuation of updates on the seat protectors

Regarding Fluid Film, how do you find the smell? I sprayed my front end partially while my skids were off. Instant regret that I didn't do it outside. The smell just lingered around my garage for a week.
nuclearn8 (05-21-21)
Old 05-21-21, 06:02 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Appreciate all the well wishes.... it's been a long journey for us to get pregnant and not for a lack of effort. Infertility struggles are no joke.

Thank you for all the suggestions!
I'm leaning towards giving this protector a try:
Amazon Amazon

Love the idea of a battery operated vaccuum and will need to keep some leather cleaner and detailer inside the car going forward

The smell of the fluid film is noticeable the first 3-5 days after application but then it goes away. I wouldn't classify it as smelling bad, just different. My wife is super sensitive to pretty much everything smell wise and allergic to everything and it doesn't bother her at all...
it's a small annoyance to pay for a good value in undercarriage protection. Small time investment (can do the entire undercarriage now in under 4 hours including spraying inside the boxed frame)... easy day with it up on ramps and a lo pro creeper.
The following 2 users liked this post by nuclearn8:
ltsr (05-21-21), M4rk (05-22-21)
Old 05-21-21, 05:12 PM
ltsr
Pole Position

Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts

Appreciate all the well wishes.... it's been a long journey for us to get pregnant and not for a lack of effort. Infertility struggles are no joke.

Thank you for all the suggestions!
I'm leaning towards giving this protector a try: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ref_=pd_gw_unk

Love the idea of a battery operated vaccuum and will need to keep some leather cleaner and detailer inside the car going forward

The smell of the fluid film is noticeable the first 3-5 days after application but then it goes away. I wouldn't classify it as smelling bad, just different. My wife is super sensitive to pretty much everything smell wise and allergic to everything and it doesn't bother her at all...
it's a small annoyance to pay for a good value in undercarriage protection. Small time investment (can do the entire undercarriage now in under 4 hours including spraying inside the boxed frame)... easy day with it up on ramps and a lo pro creeper.
That seat protector is the exact same one we use. 2+ years and all is well. In the early stages we used a mirror to check on the baby since they are rear facing. Most of the ones i have seen straps on to the head rest and mangled the leather. Hope you can find a better option. Sorry if i swayed your thread too much into the baby department.
nuclearn8 (08-01-21)
Old 05-22-21, 12:08 PM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Originally Posted by ltsr
That seat protector is the exact same one we use. 2+ years and all is well. In the early stages we used a mirror to check on the baby since they are rear facing. Most of the ones i have seen straps on to the head rest and mangled the leather. Hope you can find a better option. Sorry if i swayed your thread too much into the baby department.
No worries. I'm sure I'll be hunting for one of those mirrors as well, haha.
The GX will become our baby mobile for the foreseeable future.... and since this is our ownership log, it will likely follow along those lines. haha
Old 06-07-21, 04:38 PM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Returned home today from a 10 day roundtrip from Texas up to the MD/VA and back home to Texas thru Raleigh...

3,230 miles, 50.5 hours in the saddle, 18.9 mpg for the total trip.

The shack is coming along nicely in VA, looking forward to giving Lexi a new decked out parking spot in the Potomac River Outpost Cabin
The following 2 users liked this post by nuclearn8:
Acrad (06-22-21), GXLUX (06-08-21)
Old 06-22-21, 05:10 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Packed it.
Heading back to the VA outpost, there and back in under 7 days speed run. Taking the southern route up thru Hotlanta this time...
Old 06-22-21, 08:30 AM
CFAI
Advanced

Received 320 Likes on 217 Posts

Packed it.
Heading back to the VA outpost, there and back in under 7 days speed run. Taking the southern route up thru Hotlanta this time...
Tell me how that route goes. Need to drive up to MA from here in TX, with a stop in VA later in Aug, and was thinking of taking Atlanta route.
Old 06-23-21, 07:25 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Originally Posted by CFAI
Tell me how that route goes. Need to drive up to MA from here in TX, with a stop in VA later in Aug, and was thinking of taking Atlanta route.
I've done it before... the southern route is definitely easier on the transmission than 40 thru the Appalachians/ Smokeys.
It's boring as crap driving, mostly flat and uninteresting driving and if you can avoid Atlanta rush hour then it's usually 30 minutes quicker despite being 20 miles longer than the northern route.
Waze is your friend for monitoring traffic and police activity... has never let me know for bypassing traffic and is surprisingly accurate with regard to speed traps and police...
Old 08-21-21, 07:35 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Today's Check In: Mileage 37,550
-Engine Oil and Filter change (Mobil1 EP 0w-20 w/ OEM filter element)
-Greased Driveshaft zerks
-Fluid Filmed undercarriage in preparation for our move to NOVA next month
-Installed some front seat Skyjackers (let's see if the wife notices.... can't imagine she won't. I could tell on my test drive and am kicking myself for not installing them sooner, 100% more comfortable!)
Excited to not have to get back underneath either vehicle until summer 2022 with the pending move and baby E on the way in January.

Bring on the NOVA winter road treatments, Fluid filmed up!

Seat Jackers = Total Comfort

Pre-Sunrise Texas Engine Oil change

Last edited by nuclearn8; 08-24-21 at 08:36 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by nuclearn8:
Acrad (08-21-21), DanTeSlagX (10-21-23), hydrovane (08-21-21), left123 (08-21-21), william489 (08-21-21)

Quick Reply: Lexi's Ownership Log