GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Lexi's Ownership Log

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-21, 08:03 PM
JRT3
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

What is fluid filmed? Under carriage looks clean.

(BTW...I lived in NOVA for 30 years before moving to Austin, now in PA)
The following users liked this post:
nuclearn8 (06-21-23)
Old 08-22-21, 07:03 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Received 594 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by JRT3
What is fluid filmed? Under carriage looks clean.

(BTW...I lived in NOVA for 30 years before moving to Austin, now in PA)
https://www.fluid-film.com/products/...-aerosol-bulk/
(I wipe (with a rag) or brush it on the undercarriage, with the exception of the frame interior where I use the aerosol cans and the wand to coat the interior of the box frame rails)
Old 08-25-21, 05:30 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Not GX specific, but my wife and I are in the process of packing up for a move from TX to NoVA... and we've discovered reusable vacuum seal bags. Where have you been all my life from a space saving perspective!!!
We got a set of 12 off amazon with a hand pump for $25. Super easy to use and totally using these on vacation and for storage at the new house for offseason clothing, total space saver for long road trip packing and vacations (can fit more in a carryon) and keep your dirty clothes sealed on the return leg home.

GXLUX (08-25-21)
Old 08-25-21, 10:46 AM
william489
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by nuclearn8
Not GX specific, but my wife and I are in the process of packing up for a move from TX to NoVA... and we've discovered reusable vacuum seal bags. Where have you been all my life from a space saving perspective!!!
We got a set of 12 off amazon with a hand pump for $25. Super easy to use and totally using these on vacation and for storage at the new house for offseason clothing, total space saver for long road trip packing and vacations (can fit more in a carryon) and keep your dirty clothes sealed on the return leg home.
You have a link for that? Thanks.
Old 08-25-21, 04:50 PM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Originally Posted by william489
You have a link for that? Thanks.
Amazon Amazon
william489 (08-26-21)
Old 09-04-21, 07:08 PM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Default Hot Springs National Park today

unique National Park for sure, more like a national monument feel. Great network of hiking trails up to the lookout…
The town had the feel if Asheville, NC and Deep Creek Lake, MD had a baby… haha

View from the tower outlook

100th Anniversary of the Park

Walking bathhouse row thru town

Last edited by nuclearn8; 12-26-22 at 03:19 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by nuclearn8:
Acrad (09-04-21), M4rk (09-05-21), Philly01 (09-04-21), Romanova (09-04-21), william489 (09-09-21), WRD4chano (09-04-21) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-05-21, 05:26 PM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Default Great Smoky Mountains National Park today

Clingmans Dome, 5 months pregnant and we made it!

Scenic lookout

Park entrance …. (Pigeon Forge is pure tourism chaos by the way, it’s worse than Vegas and Disney put together!)

Last edited by nuclearn8; 12-26-22 at 03:20 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by nuclearn8:
Acrad (09-06-21), Romanova (09-06-21)
Old 09-06-21, 08:31 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

As an FYI to those getting new GX's I went on chat on the Woolwax website to ask a couple of questions and was asked to give them a call.

After confirming I was getting a brand new GX the person told me to find out if it has an undercoating from the factory and if so ***DO NOT*** apply Woolwax or Fluid Film for several years as they don't play well together.

I emailed Lexus and they confirmed the GX has an undercoating from the factory so I will heed that companies advice.

The same person also really discouraged the use of the black Woolwax as all it does is hide issues and you can't tell if it's actually being effective.

I'll be buying their product in a few years when the time comes that I need to apply an undercoating.
Old 09-06-21, 09:32 AM
LexusGXFan
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Both companies are INCORRECT. You'r GX will rust very quickly without an application of Corrosion X, Fluid Film, etc. I would not use WoolWax.

The GX does not have any type of corrosion protection from the factory for the undercarriage.

You want a product that will "creep" inside of the frame and other parts to coat them and protect them.

If you bought a new GX and live in NE, I would do your own research and apply your product of choice before the snow flies.

I'm a Corrosion X, Corrosion X XD, and Corrosion X HD fan myself. Others like Fluid Film.
Old 09-06-21, 09:36 AM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGXFan
Both companies are INCORRECT. You'r GX will rust very quickly without an application of Corrosion X, Fluid Film, etc. I would not use WoolWax.

The GX does not have any type of corrosion protection from the factory for the undercarriage.

You want a product that will "creep" inside of the frame and other parts to coat them and protect them.

If you bought a new GX and live in NE, I would do your own research and apply your product of choice before the snow flies.

I'm a Corrosion X, Corrosion X XD, and Corrosion X HD fan myself. Others like Fluid Film.
I'll wait until I get my GX and look underneath it first. It's a '22 so things could have changed.

If it has an undercoating I won't put anything on it as I was advised. If it doesn't have one I'll use Woolwax.

Here's what I received from Lexus on 8/30:
Thank you for contacting Lexus regarding a protective undercoating for your 2022 GX 460 and congratulations on your new Lexus! As a valued owner, we are happy to review your inquiry.

We have confirmed your new 2022 GX 460 will arrive from the factory with a protective undercoating to assist in guarding your vehicle underbody from damage due to road salt during inclement weather. Please note this does not guarantee no damage can occur due to excessive moisture or environmental element. Lexus recommends having regular inspections to assist in preventing long term effects.
​​
Old 09-07-21, 04:13 AM
tntcandy
Intermediate

Received 230 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by nuclearn8

Clingmans Dome, 5 months pregnant and we made it!

Scenic lookout

Park entrance …. (Pigeon Forge is pure tourism chaos by the way, it’s worse than Vegas and Disney put together!)
We only once went through Pigeon Forge, as we header toward a hiking trail (Ramsey Cascade Trail, highly recommended), our first thoughts of Gatlinburg was Vegas.
We always keep to the NC side of Smokies, close by Bryson City.
nuclearn8 (09-07-21)
Old 09-07-21, 04:33 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Originally Posted by jlficken
I'll wait until I get my GX and look underneath it first. It's a '22 so things could have changed.

If it has an undercoating I won't put anything on it as I was advised. If it doesn't have one I'll use Woolwax.

Here's what I received from Lexus on 8/30:
Thank you for contacting Lexus regarding a protective undercoating for your 2022 GX 460 and congratulations on your new Lexus! As a valued owner, we are happy to review your inquiry.

We have confirmed your new 2022 GX 460 will arrive from the factory with a protective undercoating to assist in guarding your vehicle underbody from damage due to road salt during inclement weather. Please note this does not guarantee no damage can occur due to excessive moisture or environmental element. Lexus recommends having regular inspections to assist in preventing long term effects.
​​
@jlficken sent you a PM on this topic. All the best with your brand new GX! There is also a dedicated thread to this topic: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-gx-460-a.html
Old 10-12-21, 10:33 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Added the recent road trip patches to the seat back collection
Old 10-12-21, 03:58 PM
WRD4chano
Advanced

Received 129 Likes on 98 Posts

youve actually been to all these places in the tank? neat!

can they be bought online or only at the locations? would be nice to add some diversity to my patch collection.
nuclearn8 (10-13-21)
Old 10-13-21, 03:51 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Originally Posted by WRD4chano
youve actually been to all these places in the tank? neat!

can they be bought online or only at the locations? would be nice to add some diversity to my patch collection.
Lexi has traveled all of them except to the Maui, that was in a rental car, but we took the seatback with us so we could at least say a piece of her made it up to the top to watch both the sunrise and sunset.
I'm guessing they can be had online but we just stop at the gift shops on the way out of the park or locale.
WRD4chano (10-13-21)

Quick Reply: Lexi's Ownership Log