GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

'20+ OEM headlight conversion for '14-'19

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-20, 11:21 AM
DBLex1
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiGX
I would be interested in swapping the red taillights from my GX with someones white ones. Mine is black and I like how the white would look with the black.

Anyone in Miami?
I’d switch with you, but I’m in TX.
Old 09-03-20, 11:24 AM
DBLex1
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Hmm...mine are red. Maybe the red come with the Sport package. I know I didn't know they had different options. Frankly, the clear would look better with my color.
I’d be interested in swapping (I have clear lights). I’m in San Antonio, TX
Old 09-20-20, 10:18 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,668 Likes on 2,401 Posts

https://autocool.com.ua/p1209871447-...-led-fary.html

[Video]

https://autocool.com.ua/p1213231059-...-led-fary.html
The following users liked this post:
hzhao (09-20-20)
Old 09-20-20, 06:26 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 986 Likes on 570 Posts

I have send an inquiry to the company for more info on the headlights and will see what I can get back from them. If I have done my conversion correct, it would be about $570/set. If it would be plug and play and with correct light pattern to match 2020 headlights, i would be willing to give a try. Replacing a headlight is a bit outside of my comfort zone, but I guess there is always the first time for everything.
Acrad (09-20-20)
Old 09-21-20, 04:51 AM
hzhao
Racer

I got a quick reply back from the seller, the actual cost with shipping will be $1550. Based on the info, I am going to ask my Chinese friends to see if there is any manufacture information on this.

The following 2 users liked this post by hzhao:
Acrad (09-22-20), Carnevino (09-21-20)
Old 09-22-20, 03:08 AM
hzhao
Racer

Here is a better video clip about the function of this after market headlight. Seems from the same manufacturer for the Russian seller:

I am working on getting more info on that and will keep everyone posted.
The following 5 users liked this post by hzhao:
Acrad (09-22-20), crwys (09-22-20), dwh13 (09-22-20), HedgeFund (09-26-20), ObsidianBl (09-22-20)
Old 09-22-20, 07:14 PM
hzhao
Racer

After I spoke with my Chinese contact, I have decided to have him ship me one set and I am going to try it out to see how well it will be, functionality and quality. This will be the biggest challenge for me to remove the grille and bumper cover in order to replace the headlights. But maybe just enough motivation to push me over the edge to step into uncomfortable territory. Should be here in about a week or so. Will keep everyone here posted for results.

This whole COVID stay home situation really cost me a lots of extra money
The following 3 users liked this post by hzhao:
Acrad (09-22-20), GXLEXD (09-25-20), ObsidianBl (09-22-20)
Old 09-23-20, 12:27 AM
crwys
Lead Lap

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
After I spoke with my Chinese contact, I have decided to have him ship me one set and I am going to try it out to see how well it will be, functionality and quality. This will be the biggest challenge for me to remove the grille and bumper cover in order to replace the headlights. But maybe just enough motivation to push me over the edge to step into uncomfortable territory. Should be here in about a week or so. Will keep everyone here posted for results.

Thank you!
Really looking forward to your results. I would like these headlights as well, even if they are a bit expensive.
Old 09-23-20, 10:18 AM
angrygx
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I really think we should have your car build as a Sticky.
good luck on your new 2020 headlight venture!!
I have done the 2020 grille swap and if its plug n play and cheap enough maybe I will do the headlights too.
but I worry the quality of the drls and Led on most aftermarket, never have seen a solid quality on headlights. keep us updated bro!
Old 09-25-20, 07:56 AM
hzhao
Racer

Completely forgot the next week is Chinese National Holidays (total 8 days), so the headlights won’t be going out until the week after. I am ok with it and particularly don’t want them to rush it and skip any (if it exists) QC processes because of upcoming holidays. Give me more time to settle my mind into the grille removal challenge
Acrad (09-25-20)
Old 09-25-20, 04:04 PM
Chasin
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Good luck with this!
Old 09-26-20, 04:35 PM
tharijay
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Removing grille and bumper is very easy. Good luck!
Hopefully this works!

Completely forgot the next week is Chinese National Holidays (total 8 days), so the headlights won’t be going out until the week after. I am ok with it and particularly don’t want them to rush it and skip any (if it exists) QC processes because of upcoming holidays. Give me more time to settle my mind into the grille removal challenge
Old 09-26-20, 07:17 PM
HedgeFund
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Thank you @hzhao. Was actually looking into finding a manufacturer in
China. Happy to help and try it out as well, if there is any way to get one more set.
Old 09-26-20, 07:22 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by HedgeFund
Thank you @hzhao. Was actually looking into finding a manufacturer in
China. Happy to help and try it out as well, if there is any way to get one more set.
@HedgeFund See my PM to you shortly.
HedgeFund (09-28-20)
Old 10-01-20, 10:25 AM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Good luck with the conversion. I want to convert my 2011 base to the 2014+ lights. I know I would need bumper cover as well but I seem them with slight scratches for $200 on eBay. So for all of you that successfully convert to 2020 you may have a buyer for your older headlight assemblies......If the Price is Right LOL

Quick Reply: '20+ OEM headlight conversion for '14-'19