Lexus Fanatic

Received 310 Likes on 229 Posts

They really do look good.
Old 07-17-20, 06:26 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by Chasin
If it's not too much to ask, can you please snap a photo of the car at night from the side and rear quarter? I want to see what the tail lights look like without the DOT side reflectors. I really like the looks of these lights but safety is most important to me and I do night driving where I am reversing the vehicle out of parking lots and onto busy streets. Thanks!
Here are few side profile photos for your reference. It’s not completely dark outside but the lights are intense and wrapped around enough to provide enough vision side marker effect. not saying it’s DOT complied due to its positions, but enough for others to see if the visual reference at night is important to your concern:

The following 2 users liked this post by hzhao:
Acrad (07-17-20), Chasin (07-18-20)
Old 07-18-20, 08:18 AM
Chasin
Pit Crew

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

That looks great!! Thanks Soo much! One step closer to ordering these.
Old 08-11-20, 07:10 AM
Flavorus
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I got mine last week and got them installed. Guess I'm not so lucky. First run through the car wash, and I've got condensation build up on the inside of the lens. I contacted them, and they told me I need to use silicon to seal them up. Not something something you want to hear after spending $550 on something. Now I'm in a tough spot, considering the logistics of buying/returning something to Dubai.

Last edited by Flavorus; 11-08-20 at 06:02 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Flavorus:
DBLex1 (08-17-20), SigEpGX460 (08-17-20)
Old 08-11-20, 08:36 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by Flavorus
Well I got mine last week and got them installed. Guess I'm not so lucky. First run through the car wash, and I've got condensation build up on the inside of the lens. I contacted them, and they told me I need to use silicon to seal them up. Not something something you want to hear after spending $550 on something. Now I'm in a tough spot, considering the logistics of buying/returning something to Dubai.

Just buyer beware.
Sorry to hear that. It is one risk fact for small batch production. My guess would be the added black trim piece at the bottom that has not sealed properly. Just using a hair dryer to dry it, then apply the clear silicon seal to the joined part. It should take care of it. I didn’t experience the condensation, but as I was look at the seal they had for the bottom piece, was not very secure and pleased. I just re-seal it for prevention.
Old 08-11-20, 09:14 AM
Flavorus
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Yea that was my thought as well. Were you able to apply the silicon without making too much of a visible mess?
Old 08-11-20, 09:52 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by Flavorus
Yea that was my thought as well. Were you able to apply the silicon without making too much of a visible mess?
Just along the top edge between the black trim and light fixture. You don’t need a lot, just enough, then using a piece of flat plastic or just run the fingers to smooth it out. Silicon won’t dry for a while, and it is easy to wipe the excessive off with a wet cloth. When it is settled overnight or 24 hours or so, it just forms a clear seal. I just using the 3M branded one from Homedepot, located in painting material section.
Old 08-11-20, 10:43 AM
CaptRog21
Pole Position

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts

That lower black trim seems to be the weak point for me as well. I haven't had any condensation build up inside yet but the trim is slowly pulling away from the lens. That 3M foam tape just isn't gonna do the trick. Thinking about taking them off the car and using some sort of epoxy to try and re-glue it and then do the silicon seal as described by @hzhao . In hindsight (which is 20/20 of course), I would have spent the extra money and got the sport design tail lights instead of these aftermarket lights.
The following users liked this post:
DBLex1 (08-17-20)
Old 09-06-20, 09:28 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

Appears to be another version

Video 2

hzhao (09-06-20)
Old 09-06-20, 04:07 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by Acrad
This one seems more for Prado as it also incorporated reverse lights. Might need some modification on harness and add a trim at bottom to be fit with GX. Wondering what the cost might be.
Acrad (09-06-20)
Old 09-18-20, 08:49 AM
Chasin
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by CaptRog21
That lower black trim seems to be the weak point for me as well. I haven't had any condensation build up inside yet but the trim is slowly pulling away from the lens. That 3M foam tape just isn't gonna do the trick. Thinking about taking them off the car and using some sort of epoxy to try and re-glue it and then do the silicon seal as described by @hzhao . In hindsight (which is 20/20 of course), I would have spent the extra money and got the sport design tail lights instead of these aftermarket lights.
Any update on this issue with the black trim piece?
Old 09-20-20, 06:51 AM
TheHighLow
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

To each his own but Imo, the aftermarket lights look unbalanced and out of place from the side profile.

In particular, there’s too much red unlit portion followed by a tiny lit up strip. At least the oem clears break up the side with alternating red and silver.

Old 09-20-20, 06:54 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by TheHighLow
To each his own but Imo, the aftermarket lights look unbalanced and out of place from the side profile.

In particular, there’s too much red unlit portion followed by a tiny lit up strip. At least the oem clears break up the side with alternating red and silver.
I do agree. I have also point that out during my initial review. Some simple patten and side marker would make it much better.
Old 03-15-21, 07:54 AM
Chasin
Pit Crew

About 1 year later since OP installed these... can you guys kindly post an update on these lights? How are they holding up?
Old 03-15-21, 08:30 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by Chasin
About 1 year later since OP installed these... can you guys kindly post an update on these lights? How are they holding up?
Mine has been working well since day one. No issues, leaks, or any other defects at all.
Chasin (03-15-21)

Quick Reply: Sequential Tail lights