GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Used Purchase/Shopping Questions & Discussions - CPO / Dealers / Private Party

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-19, 04:45 PM
LEP XEP
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tecman
Well, that’s a tease :-) no more details or pics?
Will pick it up soon! How's my deal? Average?
Old 11-21-19, 06:49 PM
hadokenuh
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by LEP XEP
Hi Guys and Gals,

Not sure if we scored a smoking deal but we got roughly 18% off MSRP. It's a premium (with a little body kit around). MRSP is $60220 and we paid $49000 OTD. We have to pay tax and license. Opinion is welcome!!
I think it's a great deal. I got around 13% off during Labor Day. No extra fees and No trades.
Old 11-22-19, 05:58 AM
SlickTRD
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

18% off is a very good deal. I got 16.9% off in October.
Old 11-30-19, 10:12 AM
JonGX
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Nice ‘14 luxury for sale

https://www.prestigeautomall.com/use...tm_medium=paid

I am in no way involved with this transaction but saw this posted during one of my regular “lexus Gx” searches on Craigslist

2014 luxury with 79k.
I bought an identical GX with 43k exactly one year ago (except in the darker silver) for $32k

Old 11-30-19, 11:17 AM
nebrou
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JonGX
https://www.prestigeautomall.com/use...tm_medium=paid

I am in no way involved with this transaction but saw this posted during one of my regular “lexus Gx” searches on Craigslist

2014 luxury with 79k.
I bought an identical GX with 43k exactly one year ago (except in the darker silver) for $32k
When I saw nice in thread title, I thought this has the driver support package.
Old 11-30-19, 11:19 AM
JonGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nebrou
When I saw nice in thread title, I thought this has the driver support package.
that would have been “very nice” =)

carfax reports some rear damage but maintenance history looks good otherwise
Old 12-02-19, 01:50 PM
Mistaken
Rookie

Received 53 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks like a good price!
Old 12-03-19, 04:03 PM
Dildildil
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I think i stole the Gx i just bought like 3 days ago

2014 premium 127k for 19.5k plus tax n title

shows accident on carfax but only the front grill has a slight crack if i didn't know abt the damage from carfax i wouldn't have even noticed it plus i plan on installing the 2020 grill once the price comes down a lil on them other then that its in great condition and color i really wanted

i was planning on getting the luxury trim for heated steering and ML audio but for that price i couldn't pass and the base audio is pretty darn good i think its better then the ELS i have in my acura and i already installed the remote starter already so i think ill be ok without the heated steering
The following 2 users liked this post by Dildildil:
bbqsoup (12-03-19), John00 (12-03-19)
Old 12-03-19, 04:27 PM
nebrou
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I would NEVER buy a base model. I believe luxury trim is worth every penny. This is a luxury car and it should come with all options from the factory. Otherwise, I would have settled down on 4runner instead
Old 12-03-19, 04:29 PM
Dildildil
Rookie

I would NEVER buy a base model. I believe luxury trim is worth every penny. This is a luxury car and it should come with all options from the factory. Otherwise, I would have settled down on 4runner instead
Mine is the premium trim not base... has the navigation heated/cooled seats n all

I rarely see the base model gx with no navigation now that i would never buy
Old 12-03-19, 05:09 PM
JonGX
Intermediate

I drove a base before we bought our 14 luxury. the day before I drove that, i drove a 2016 4R limited. the lexus was still a nicer ride, more comfortable, way more powerful, etc. even in the base trim.

that being said, i do agree that lexus should have a minimum standard of options if they want to be seen as a luxury choice. the fact that heated seats are not standard on all models doesnt make a lot of sense to me.
Old 12-03-19, 06:23 PM
John00
Racer

Received 376 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Dildildil
Mine is the premium trim not base... has the navigation heated/cooled seats n all

I rarely see the base model gx with no navigation now that i would never buy
differences can include the farthest back trim, looks like yours isnt the chrome. also can look at the switches by the shifter.

nav, heat/cool seats, etc can be options on the base.
Old 12-03-19, 06:40 PM
Dildildil
Rookie

Originally Posted by John00
differences can include the farthest back trim, looks like yours isnt the chrome. also can look at the switches by the shifter.

nav, heat/cool seats, etc can be options on the base.

Theres only 3 trims

Base
Premium
Luxury

Luxury has the air suspension n extra switchs plus ML audio is standard so easy to tell also the chrome trim as u said... but the base will come with different wheels and no wood steering or heated seats ... sure u can option out but the wheels and no wood on steering still no go ...

So im pretty sure mine is the premium i also checked with lexus driver website i think at 19.5k i bought the cheapest 2014+ gx in the country
Old 12-03-19, 07:12 PM
John00
Racer

the trim i am mentioning is on the farthest side window. base does not have it, luxury does. i think premium does not have it after certain years. my premium has the farthest chrome.
the steering wheel is an individual option, although i dont imagine many would get that individually
I do believe you have a premium, you should know better than anyone else. Also giving details for others reading this. a while back we did some research, and found that a large percentage of GX for sale were claiming to be premium and luxury but were not.

can also do a vin lookup, and some insurance cards list the trim. like mine.
Old 12-03-19, 07:20 PM
John00
Racer

for me depends on the year. a GX base is still better than a 4runner (certain years) if you want a V8, a barn door (yes I like it), you can get the options you want added to the base. Although the luxury is preferred, you could possibly save money with the base and only add options, or you might only find a real good deal, or pristine in base.
the base is quieter that the 4runner, especially on the highway. theres other reasons to get the gx over a 4runner, but thats in another thread. i did like my multimode 4runner, and also my sport 4runner. but id rather have a base gx than go back.

Quick Reply: Used Purchase/Shopping Questions & Discussions - CPO / Dealers / Private Party