GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

I bought the cheapest GX in the country (on autotrader)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-20, 06:19 PM
MiamiGX
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Update from today: I got the car back from the mechanic I took it to for a second look. He said the code the computer was giving him did not tell him much so he cleared the code and drove the car around for a while today to see if it gave the code again and it did not. He said the car drove great and the transmission felt perfect. He could not see any issues. Unfortunately he could not recall the exact code. He lost the paper he wrote it on. I brought up doing a transmission fluid change and he agreed that it would be a good idea. I will bring it back next week for this. I'm going to do an oil change and I'm going to have him check the spark plugs while it's in next week too.

But as for now he says he thinks the car is fine and I should just do the maintenance we discussed and drive it to see if the check engine light comes back on and then we will continue to check for the source of the issue. I guess I am a bit relieved for now that the transmission isn't completely shot as the dealer suggested.
Old 08-07-20, 07:00 PM
MiamiGX
Driver

I have a question, I was looking up the transmission fluid change. It seems I will also need to replace the oil pan gasket while i'm there.
The gasket runs $21 (Lexus Part No.:35168-60010). However I came across a Automatic Transmission Overhaul Gasket Kit, (Lexus Part No.:04351-35540). But it is not clear what this comes with. It is $223. Is this something I should replace while we are in there changing the transmission fluid?

Also will I need to replace the OIL STRAINER ASSY, (Lexus Part No.:35330-60060), or is this something you can just clean out?

Lexus Part No.:04351-35540 (GASKET KIT, TRANSAXLE)

Lexus Part No.:35330-60060 (STRAINER ASSY, OIL)

Last edited by MiamiGX; 08-07-20 at 07:05 PM. Reason: format
Old 08-07-20, 08:28 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,383 Posts

You should only need this pan gasket

https://www.oemvehicleparts.com/oem-...ket-3516860010

and the filter you mentioned above

https://www.oemvehicleparts.com/oem-...ner-3533060060

I don't think that strainer can be cleaned in any practical way

Old 08-08-20, 06:55 PM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

While Florida does allow a dealer to sell a car without a warranty (one of the few states that allow this), you can file a complaint if you believe that the knew, or should have known that the car had a significant defect then it should have been disclosed.

The OP should check the paperwork from the Lexus dealer for any error codes.
Old 08-09-20, 06:24 AM
cb1111
Lead Lap

Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by cb1111
While Florida does allow a dealer to sell a car without a warranty (one of the few states that allow this), you can file a complaint if you believe that the knew, or should have known that the car had a significant defect then it should have been disclosed.

The OP should check the paperwork from the Lexus dealer for any error codes.
And today this popped up in my Google news feed.
Old 08-10-20, 09:00 AM
MiamiGX
Driver

Awesome, I had no idea. I guarantee you I will be filing that complaint.

I thought about going down there and raising hell. But I know any used car dealership will just laugh and pull out the "as is" clause I signed and shove it in my face.
If the transmission truly has major issues I would consider contacting an attorney. I know they won't take the car back. But maybe they would consider paying for all or part of the repair. Damn bastards. I just know that they knew it it was throwing transmission codes.

I will be leaving negative reviews on every platform I find and filing that DMV complaint form you shared.

Thank you.
Old 08-10-20, 09:06 AM
MiamiGX
Driver

Update for anyone curious. I was able to hook it up to a computer and get the codes it was throwing. A friend of mine asked a mechanic he knew for the favor.
Here are the codes I am getting:

C1AED Rear sensor communication circuit (this may have something to do with the backup sensors not working. I've ignored this problem for now because the transmission took priority)

P0125 Insufficient coolant temperature for closed loop fuel control

P2714 Pressure control solenoid 'D' performance/stuck off

Old 08-10-20, 11:14 AM
MiamiGX
Driver

Default Rear Sensor Communication Malfunction (C1AED)

I searched the forum and could not find anything on this.

I am getting this error. My sensors do not work I have to turn them off so I stop getting the error.

Anyone know where to start to try to repair this? I would like to get my parking sensor working.

Old 08-10-20, 12:48 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

2714 - look at post #224 and beyond
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...l#post10734361

Not seeing P0125 in my FSMs but this shows up online as

Last edited by Acrad; 08-10-20 at 12:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MiamiGX (08-10-20)
Old 08-10-20, 01:00 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
C1AED.pdf (132.4 KB, 215 views)

Last edited by Acrad; 08-10-20 at 01:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MiamiGX (08-10-20)
Old 08-19-20, 11:18 PM
Zayn
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I recently totaled my 2018 Lexus GX460 and lost a lot of money compared to the settlement vs purchase price. 2 Year depreciation hit of a new car. Then just last week my BMW 5 series got totaled. So I just bought a used 2015 BMW X5 59K miles on it and the dealership did fraud tactic and deceptive tactics to sell me the car. The day after purchase (08-14-20) I saw that the rear suspension has a leak in the bag that causes the car to drop when off. I contacted the GM. The GM of the dealership kept this issue a secret obviously and the used car sales manager was deceptive when I specially asked if everything mechanical was in top condition and was assured its in excellent condition so no problems at all. The used car manager specially said yes that the mechanic checked the bags before selling it. Not only they did that but the reason they keep lying to me and won't resolve anything just keep playing games with me is that I am clearly being profiled by the dealer since I'm only 18years of age. what steps can I take from getting bullied and disrespected by such a dealership? I have bought cars from BMW dealer, Audi dealer, and Lexus dealer, At all those dealerships, I have never been treated even close like this. All those dealerships take such good care of people who purchase from them especially the Lexus dealer. I hope your situation gets resolved fairly because this is just messed up and unethical in my opinion, Regardless of that the car has no warranty and sold As-Is.

Last edited by Zayn; 08-19-20 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-20-20, 05:55 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by Zayn
I recently totaled my 2018 Lexus GX460 and lost a lot of money compared to the settlement vs purchase price. 2 Year depreciation hit of a new car. Then just last week my BMW 5 series got totaled. So I just bought a used 2015 BMW X5 59K miles on it and the dealership did fraud tactic and deceptive tactics to sell me the car. The day after purchase (08-14-20) I saw that the rear suspension has a leak in the bag that causes the car to drop when off. I contacted the GM. The GM of the dealership kept this issue a secret obviously and the used car sales manager was deceptive when I specially asked if everything mechanical was in top condition and was assured its in excellent condition so no problems at all. The used car manager specially said yes that the mechanic checked the bags before selling it. Not only they did that but the reason they keep lying to me and won't resolve anything just keep playing games with me is that I am clearly being profiled by the dealer since I'm only 18years of age. what steps can I take from getting bullied and disrespected by such a dealership? I have bought cars from BMW dealer, Audi dealer, and Lexus dealer, At all those dealerships, I have never been treated even close like this. All those dealerships take such good care of people who purchase from them especially the Lexus dealer. I hope your situation gets resolved fairly because this is just messed up and unethical in my opinion, Regardless of that the car has no warranty and sold As-Is.
First of all, sorry to hear you unfortunate experiences. Regardless what brand or which dealership, there are always some good and bad, it’s part of society that we are living. I am sure you already know some common practice in terms of purchasing used cars, do good homework, get references, have independent mechanic do inspection, etc. to avoid bad deal, but the other aspect of that is to respect others. I am not saying that you have done anything wrong that resulted to be treated not respectful, my approach is always to make sure that I tread others with full respects, even there might be chances that someone may want to take advantage of my respects. In a long run, by respecting the others, you will always gain more respects at the end. Just my two cents for sharing.
Old 08-20-20, 07:55 AM
MiamiGX
Driver

Originally Posted by Zayn
Zayn, do they not have GAP insurance where you are? If they do you should really look into it. GAP covers the difference between what your insurance pays out and what you owe on a totaled vehicle. In my opinion it's a must have on a new vehicle. On a used it's not a bad idea either depending how much value the car has depreciated already.
Old 08-21-20, 02:01 PM
MiamiGX
Driver

Check engine light came back on today and it came with a new error code.

P0761 is new. I'm going to take the advice of one of the members here on the board and do a transmission fluid change.

However I called 2 transmissions shops and they both told me that won't help and straight out told me not to do it because the transmission has too many miles.

Soo... Here I am. The fluid change is cheaper than a rebuild. If it doesn't work and fails I'm back to square one and have to do a rebuild anyway. So I suppose I may be throwing away a few hundred dollars to try to save a few thousand.

Any input from the board is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-21-20, 02:24 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

One item I forgot to mention is the o-ring for the AT filter

PN: 9030131014 / AT Filter o-ring

Quick Reply: I bought the cheapest GX in the country (on autotrader)