GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2021 Lease/Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-20, 02:52 PM
csrpenfab
Pit Crew

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
I agree with your post. I just want to give a different perspective: people (including me) negotiate for the best price at the dealerships is because there is NO set price. If they do set their own non-haggle pricing like Carmax and follow thru, then nobody would negotiate.

If the dealerships want to maximize their profits at customer's expenses, then the customers also want to minimize their expenses. Cars are expenses.

Most of us can comfortably afford the GX, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't want to save our $ for something else. I am not on the extreme side where I'd want the best possible deal. I want a deal that make both parties happy. My general recipe for car shopping is: Invoice - rebates + TTL + ($500 to $1000). I don't generally buy new released cars, that recipe seems to work for me.
Totally agree. I like my local Lexus dealer and I've got a great relationship with the sales guy that sold us our 2014 LS460. When I bought my 2019 GX this time last year during the "December to Remember" event, the negotiations were all of 5 minutes: "I see you have a Silver Premium with black interior, get me $4500 off and the 0% for 60 mos", done! Sure I could have worked them a bit more or shopped other dealers, but time is money and I was satisfied with that deal. Zero down and 0% with that discount worked for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by csrpenfab:
hadokenuh (11-22-20), mike995134 (11-22-20)
Old 11-22-20, 08:29 PM
vizsla
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

About to put a deposit down on a 2021 Nightfall Mica Premium plus sport design with captains chairs. It also has the heated steering wheel and some other minor accessories. MSRP 62505. I am having them add the hitch for 850. Price quoted before TTL is 55476, includes 2500 cash back.

Don't really care for the sport design. The person I have been dealing with said he has only seen one premium plus with captains chairs. He did not know when one like that would be in with the color I wanted. This will come with the folding side mirrors.

Fortunately, I only had to go to the next state over to get this price. The dealer in my state was taking about 1500 off. I checked to see if they would match and they did not even try.
The following users liked this post:
coolsaber (11-23-20)
Old 11-23-20, 12:39 PM
L3xusGX
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by vizsla
About to put a deposit down on a 2021 Nightfall Mica Premium plus sport design with captains chairs. It also has the heated steering wheel and some other minor accessories. MSRP 62505. I am having them add the hitch for 850. Price quoted before TTL is 55476, includes 2500 cash back.

Don't really care for the sport design. The person I have been dealing with said he has only seen one premium plus with captains chairs. He did not know when one like that would be in with the color I wanted. This will come with the folding side mirrors.

Fortunately, I only had to go to the next state over to get this price. The dealer in my state was taking about 1500 off. I checked to see if they would match and they did not even try.
I'm also seeing about 6-7% off MSRP before any other incentives. It's not huge but it's not too bad either.
Old 11-23-20, 01:57 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Have not been in touch with dealers so I cant say what the ground situation is anymore with dealers right now.

However I did some quick scouring of whats the inventory situation and have some theories.

Inventory count is truly all over the place.
-2000+ units on website A, 1800+units on website B nationwide
-Drill down to a specific dealer, "Dealer A" and you notice theyre on neither site.
-Browse Dealer A's website and magically 34 units are on their dealer site.

So whats this mean as a buyer?
The last time I saw this happen was around the end of March and April of this year.....when "holding gross" was of utmost importance due to the pandemic. I wouldnt be surprised that this is the new normal until things improve. Shop around, and at least make sure whatever discount you are getting is a true % before any rebates and after any taxable fees.
Old 11-23-20, 05:55 PM
JasonJi
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

As for me, I hesitate to buy a car at this moment. I don't know what would happen in 2021. There are many housing loans postponed but finally people have to pay that. Would be possible that many people sell their weekend car to pay the mortgage? If that happens, it would be the best time to buy a luxury car.

Old 11-24-20, 03:14 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

When I have some time after the holidays and if folks want it, I`ll compile a list of dealerships who usually offer fair deals with little nonsense in different regions/states.

If thats something folks are interested in, let me know, and which regions.
william489 (11-25-20)
Old 11-24-20, 09:51 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
When I have some time after the holidays and if folks want it, I`ll compile a list of dealerships who usually offer fair deals with little nonsense in different regions/states.

Yes please. NY NJ area.
Old 11-25-20, 07:44 AM
whododat
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Situman, I sent you a pm.
Old 11-30-20, 08:10 AM
sfuad
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Any info for Southeast region would be appreciated. I am debating between 2018+LX 3rd row or 2021 GX. Planning to trade my 2011 LS460L which still have 27 months of Lexus Platinum unlimited mile warranty. I have been driving 2015 GX for almost 6 years now, wife has 2017 LX for 3 years. My teenage daughter is currently driving LS but I am planning to give my GX to her.
Old 11-30-20, 09:53 PM
Chicagomax
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First post here as I’m looking to get a GX for my wife. Was thinking lightly used ‘20 model, but give the prices we are now thinking new. We are in the Midwest(Chicagoland, but willing to travel!), so any help would be appreciated! Thanks and look forward to posting back when we can become proper members(I.e. have a GX of our own!).

thanks!

max
Old 12-02-20, 07:07 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

I have no idea of the lease rates, but purchase cash is $2500 till Jan 4.
Old 12-02-20, 09:32 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Interesting enough nearly 400 units of GX magically disappeared off car inventory websites yesterday. We are back at the hold gross line and
dealer ad budget tightening.

Whats this mean as a newbie browsing this forum?
Deals are going to be a tough proposition.
If your in the market, please shop directly with the dealers your interested in. Dont simply rely on CarsInventorys websites to ascertain how many GXs are available around you.
Old 12-02-20, 06:35 PM
vizsla
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicagomax
First post here as I’m looking to get a GX for my wife. Was thinking lightly used ‘20 model, but give the prices we are now thinking new. We are in the Midwest(Chicagoland, but willing to travel!), so any help would be appreciated! Thanks and look forward to posting back when we can become proper members(I.e. have a GX of our own!).

thanks!

max
Just north of you (chicago) Brookfield lexus (milwaukee) has great listed prices. They don't have much inventory. But do have their incoming GX's listed on carsoup. I was going to go with them, but they had a buck of stuff added on to sale price like maintenance and some other things I would never need buy from out of state.

By chance I found Bergstrom Lexus (appleton, WI) autogroup website. Their regular lexus website doesn't have prices. The autogroup website has the discounted prices. About 4k off MSRP before the lexus cash. They are a lexus plus dealer. I got about 12.8% off MSRP with the lexus cash. The dealer in my state (MN) was not even close to that.

When I was researching a lot of dealers websites don't have prices listed or just the MSRP with the lexus cash factored in the price. So one would need to contact them directly to get prices and negotiate. Something I did not want to do reaching out to double digit number of dealers.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.
coolsaber (12-02-20)
Old 12-11-20, 08:49 AM
hadokenuh
Driver

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Just another data point. I talked my sister into getting a GX and she picked up a 2021 GX Premium with Captain Chairs (~59K MSRP) for $55K out the door after everything in Houston, TX. We have 6.25% tax rate, so OTD before tax is ~$51.7K. Of course there was some BS charges like nitrogen, tint, doc fees but we didn't care about those, just the OTD price. It's pretty much 5K off plus 2.5K rebate.

She also got all the lowest possible APR and didn't buy any extra FI products.

@Novo Hers has the Michelin tires :P. It's the luck of draw really. When I bought mine, the dealer refused to swap the Bidgestones saying it's already in the "system" and they couldn't do that. But for for the 19" you are having, the tire selections are very limited. You'll have to go do a slightly taller size for more options.
nycgnom (12-21-20)
Old 12-11-20, 12:24 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
Just another data point. I talked my sister into getting a GX and she picked up a 2021 GX Premium with Captain Chairs (~59K MSRP) for $55K out the door after everything in Houston, TX. We have 6.25% tax rate, so OTD before tax is ~$51.7K. Of course there was some BS charges like nitrogen, tint, doc fees but we didn't care about those, just the OTD price. It's pretty much 5K off plus 2.5K rebate.

She also got all the lowest possible APR and didn't buy any extra FI products.

@Novo Hers has the Michelin tires :P. It's the luck of draw really. When I bought mine, the dealer refused to swap the Bidgestones saying it's already in the "system" and they couldn't do that. But for for the 19" you are having, the tire selections are very limited. You'll have to go do a slightly taller size for more options.
@Acrad might want to move the pricing post over to the MY21. @hadokenuh I assume that you used outside promotional financing?

Quick Reply: 2021 Lease/Purchase