GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2021 Lease/Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-21, 10:51 AM
omgar
6th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

SF Bay Area, CA:

Purchased a '21 Starfire Pearl, Sepia, Premium and the following options: heated steering wheel, headlamp washers, tonneau cover, all-weather floor liners, paint protection film, door edge film, exhaust tip, GBS sensor, cargo net/mat/wheel locks/ key gloves.

Sell price was $54,000 not including Lexus incentives. MSRP was $60,345.
Old 05-26-21, 07:35 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Soooo...what kind of leases are folks getting around here on a '21 Premium? My 2018 lease is up and I'm thinking either lease another or keep it.

My current out the door deal for my 2018 was $469/m after $5700 out of pocket that includes 1st month payment.

In the NY area and if you got a great lease deal can you refer me to your dealer and who you worked with? Many thanks.
Old 05-28-21, 07:39 AM
rxbob2323
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Congrats on your purchase. Could you tell me which dealer in SoCal you purchased? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-21, 05:06 PM
rxbob23
Driver School Candidate

Hi there, great job on your recent purchase. My wife and I are looking to buy another GX. She was in a car accident last week. Thank god she's ok but our 2016 GX was totaled. Would you mind telling me which dealer you purchased your GX? It's brutal here in SoCal. Every dealer wants sticker and some have a $5000 mark up.
Old 06-09-21, 04:15 AM
illmatic59
Driver School Candidate

Default potential new owner could use your help!

Hi guys, looking to purchase a 2021 gx 460 in atomic silver with the red interior. can you guys help me with some questions? really appreciate it and TIA!
  1. I am looking at the premium package but LOVE the sport design (tail lights, front and rear bumper spoilers, 19 inch wheels). can i get this from the parts department?
  2. can you buy this sport design package from factory or port installed without having to get the captains chairs? i cant do those as i need a bench seat (have kids)
  3. how do you guys like the f sport wheels for this car?
  4. i currently have a 2017 im trading in because i dont like the capt chairs. is there a conversion available? color is sepia
  5. tow trailer hitch good idea or bad idea? at some point when my kids are bigger id like to hook a bike rack. is rusting an issue with these? thanks!
Old 06-09-21, 05:28 AM
nuclearn8
Instructor

Received 612 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by illmatic59
Hi guys, looking to purchase a 2021 gx 460 in atomic silver with the red interior. can you guys help me with some questions? really appreciate it and TIA!
  1. I am looking at the premium package but LOVE the sport design (tail lights, front and rear bumper spoilers, 19 inch wheels). can i get this from the parts department?
  2. can you buy this sport design package from factory or port installed without having to get the captains chairs? i cant do those as i need a bench seat (have kids)
  3. how do you guys like the f sport wheels for this car?
  4. i currently have a 2017 im trading in because i dont like the capt chairs. is there a conversion available? color is sepia
  5. tow trailer hitch good idea or bad idea? at some point when my kids are bigger id like to hook a bike rack. is rusting an issue with these? thanks!
at risk of being catfish'ed here is my input to your above questions....

-sounds like a bench seat is critical to this trade in of an otherwise perfectly good vehicle so ask the dealer and let that guide your model selection.
-The Fsport wheels came with ours (bought it used to save on some depreciation) and no regrets. They are light'ish and don't curb (trust me my wife has tried (Accidentally) easily. They are a painted wheel though so to keep them looking good you should protect them as you do your painted body panels. I use to care about wheels a lot for the looks but as I've aged I could care less. Wheel is a wheel is a wheel... that's not to say I don't do wheel shopping to pass the time. I love the evo corse wheels so if I was going to do aftermarket wheels I'd go that route: https://www.mainlineoverland.com/pages/evo-corse-wheels but it seems like a waste of 2K.
-towing hitch could be easily added later, the electrical connection (if it doesn't come with) is plug and play, no issue, easy $500 bolt on mod later

good luck, let us know how it turns out

Old 06-09-21, 06:00 AM
illmatic59
Driver School Candidate

sound advice. thanks!
why dont the F sport wheels curb? wouldnt they be the same as any other 18 inch size?

yes unfort the 2017 is perfect however the capt chairs are horrible given we had the 2nd kid. has become a nightmare with my wife using the 3rd row to be near the baby. constantly unbuckling.

i wonder if i could just swap out for a bench.
Old 06-14-21, 03:06 PM
OgggO
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Cerritos Lexus
Old 06-14-21, 03:13 PM
OgggO
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rxbob23
Hi there, great job on your recent purchase. My wife and I are looking to buy another GX. She was in a car accident last week. Thank god she's ok but our 2016 GX was totaled. Would you mind telling me which dealer you purchased your GX? It's brutal here in SoCal. Every dealer wants sticker and some have a $5000 mark up.
It was Cerritos Lexus
Old 06-16-21, 05:38 PM
GX111
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mazderati
Not necessarily year specific, but has anyone had success custom ordering a GX with any reasonable discount? No dealer I've spoken with is interested in orders even with a deposit.
a dealer in Washington DC area is giving me what I believe to be a decent deal. ~ 2k under MSRP on the road. I can share name of the sales person if you want to reach out to me but I am not sure if posting his info is appropriate so offering to share privately if you are in the area.
Old 06-25-21, 09:57 PM
GX4602011
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by GX111
a dealer in Washington DC area is giving me what I believe to be a decent deal. ~ 2k under MSRP on the road. I can share name of the sales person if you want to reach out to me but I am not sure if posting his info is appropriate so offering to share privately if you are in the area.
Is that on the road include Maryland Tax, Title, Registration? Did you have a trade in? When you bought it what was the Lexus incentive (currently $1K)?
Thanks
Old 06-26-21, 07:24 AM
GX111
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes. On the road including tax, tags, processing. Cash Incentive was 1500 when I placed order and went down to 1k at the time the GX arrived so dealer and I agreed on some concessions to make it fair to both of us. I didn’t trade anything in for this deal.
The following users liked this post:
Cizan (06-26-21)
Old 07-16-21, 08:53 AM
umarali
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased 2021 gx460 premium black color with some addons and $1250 dealer added protection and tint on top of them for $63,500 OTD including all ttl and fees paid. and i feel like big sucker looking at all the deals other are getting.
but i am in texas and there arent very many gx available they are in single digits pretty much whole state or at most under 20. i called around everywhere they had listed dozens on website but on lot none.
Have my wif`s gx coming in august at same price.
Old 07-16-21, 12:59 PM
CFAI
Instructor

Received 328 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by umarali
I purchased 2021 gx460 premium black color with some addons and $1250 dealer added protection and tint on top of them for $63,500 OTD including all ttl and fees paid. and i feel like big sucker looking at all the deals other are getting.
but i am in texas and there arent very many gx available they are in single digits pretty much whole state or at most under 20. i called around everywhere they had listed dozens on website but on lot none.
Have my wif`s gx coming in august at same price.
You paid $59K before tax? I think MSRP for premium is $57,565 including delivery. So maybe you paid about MSRP? Have no idea what dealer added protection is.
Anyway, it is done, so enjoy your ride and don't sweat it - in this market its not like you were going to get some awesome deal if you had to by now anyway.
Old 07-18-21, 01:11 AM
Kenstar
Driver School Candidate

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Signed New 2021 GX460 premium

I knew there will be apple carplay on 2022. But i am the person who like analog than digital. I owned 2006 Gx for 15 years, loved it, and decide to stick with this tank. Got the red interior, yes that’s so nice. Drove two days… and this guy still eats a lot of gas! No complain. Wish it has carplay, but that’s okay.
The following 5 users liked this post by Kenstar:
Acrad (07-18-21), EANX (07-20-21), hydrovane (07-18-21), m5rahul (07-19-21), MarkVII (07-18-21)

Quick Reply: 2021 Lease/Purchase