GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

CarPlay integration with OEM head unit on 2014 GX460 - Successful

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-20, 10:05 AM
tipsytopsy
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hzhao
The slection of different type of screens are meant for different display drivers with slightly different vertical refresh rates, there is nothing to do with the touch screen elements. You can try each of them (except for 1280 which is configured for ultra wide screen), the differences that you may find is the vertical overlap slightly due to difference in refresh rate. The “LC200” screen type will be correct on for GX460, as 2015 or older LX570 and LC200 uses the same 8” touch screen as on GX460.
Thanks @hzhao! Yeah.. the 'Lcd Clock' is for refresh rate.. default for GX seems to be 37.. because when i changed by mistake to 38, it got totally messed up.

Also, do you know if we can pair a bluetooth keyboard, if yes then how? Because typing on the on-screen keyboard took me 30 minutes to type an email and password for Netflix due to the wonkiness of touch.. it missed touch, recognised incorrect keys, took short press as long press, etc. Basically unusable.
Old 12-20-20, 10:36 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 985 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by tipsytopsy
Thanks @hzhao! Yeah.. the 'Lcd Clock' is for refresh rate.. default for GX seems to be 37.. because when i changed by mistake to 38, it got totally messed up.

Also, do you know if we can pair a bluetooth keyboard, if yes then how? Because typing on the on-screen keyboard took me 30 minutes to type an email and password for Netflix due to the wonkiness of touch.. it missed touch, recognised incorrect keys, took short press as long press, etc. Basically unusable.
I don’t see any reason why not. I haven’t done so myself, but it should be under setup for pairing Bluetooth. Alternatively you could use a mini USB keyboard as well.
The following users liked this post:
tipsytopsy (12-20-20)
Old 06-10-21, 04:28 PM
krazykrnbo
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

how did you get hold of the Lsailt rep? Tried on Aliexpress and they have not responded back...

Also, how did you route your front camera from Beatsonic unit to the Lsailt? did you run a composite splitter ??
Old 06-10-21, 06:52 PM
dta20502
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The installation is fairly straight forward with two main cable harnesses to connect. The instructions come with the unit is simply but with clear pictures for which connectors to use. The hardest part is to remove the dash and head units. You probably already washed various videos on how to remove, not difficult, but certain level of confidence and comfortable to work with car will help. Just take time and go through the process, you should be just fine. This is a great community, and you are welcome to ask question and there is always handful of members willing to jump in and help. Also I have send you a PM about the unit purchasing.
"Also I have send you a PM about the unit purchasing."
HZHAO: Please send to me too: ducpho10@yahoo.com or 310-918-7124.
Thanks.
-Dennis Ta
Old 06-11-21, 07:28 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by krazykrnbo
how did you get hold of the Lsailt rep? Tried on Aliexpress and they have not responded back...

Also, how did you route your front camera from Beatsonic unit to the Lsailt? did you run a composite splitter ??
I have initially contact Lsailt via their website. If you familiar with Wechat, a popular Chinese social media, it is easier to get hold of them, as well as all the support. As to your camera routing question, you do not need to route your current camera setup. The Lsailt unit support native GX camera setting, either OEM or modified as long as it is still triggered with OEM reverse trigger. For me, I have added 360 view with Beatsonic switch before.
Old 06-11-21, 07:35 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by dta20502
"Also I have send you a PM about the unit purchasing."
HZHAO: Please send to me too: ducpho10@yahoo.com or 310-918-7124.
Thanks.
-Dennis Ta
Didn’t got your PM. Just send you an email.
Old 10-07-21, 08:27 AM
krazykrnbo
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Can you show where you installed the sound filter. THank You. Cant figure out which wire to splice into

I have initially contact Lsailt via their website. If you familiar with Wechat, a popular Chinese social media, it is easier to get hold of them, as well as all the support. As to your camera routing question, you do not need to route your current camera setup. The Lsailt unit support native GX camera setting, either OEM or modified as long as it is still triggered with OEM reverse trigger. For me, I have added 360 view with Beatsonic switch before.
Old 10-27-21, 10:23 AM
tipsytopsy
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Default MCU upgrade pin

Hi @hzhao do you know if Lsailt changed their MCU upgrade pin from 2180? Its not working anymore..likely they just abandoned the upgrade server for our older units.
Old 10-27-21, 10:30 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by tipsytopsy
Hi @hzhao do you know if Lsailt changed their MCU upgrade pin from 2180? Its not working anymore..likely they just abandoned the upgrade server for our older units.
I am not aware of any changes.
Old 11-12-21, 04:42 PM
Jme7594
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory handsfree disconnect

Originally Posted by bbqsoup
Awesome!!!!

I’m curious as if there are any differences between this and Grome Vline for 10-13 MY.
I saw DTV and VCR modes, are they for playing video from Iphone or an external source?
new to this site and not sure how to ask a new question. I have a 2012 model and installed a Grom Vline that I am having an issue answering my phone through. Support told me to disconnect the factory handsfree. Any idea if there are videos out there showing how to do this??
Old 06-13-22, 11:17 AM
Ahnkeho
1st Gear

The installation is fairly straight forward with two main cable harnesses to connect. The instructions come with the unit is simply but with clear pictures for which connectors to use. The hardest part is to remove the dash and head units. You probably already washed various videos on how to remove, not difficult, but certain level of confidence and comfortable to work with car will help. Just take time and go through the process, you should be just fine. This is a great community, and you are welcome to ask question and there is always handful of members willing to jump in and help. Also I have send you a PM about the unit purchasing.
@hzhao Could you also PM me about purchasing? I can't figure out how to PM you myself. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-13-22, 11:29 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by Ahnkeho
@hzhao Could you also PM me about purchasing? I can't figure out how to PM you myself. Thanks for the help.
@Ahnkeho You have your account to set not to receive private message.

As for the purchase, you can either contact Lsailt website as they have contact info listed, or purchase from Aliexpreses website.
Ahnkeho (06-26-22)
Old 11-29-22, 06:33 AM
Fadi
10th Gear

Very helpful, thank you. I've called Lsailt and am awaiting their response, but I've had problems with battery drain when I added extra cameras to my wife's GX in the past, and I don't want to end up with a device that might result in power problems.
There are similar items on YouTube; is there a comparison to show why Lsailt could be a better option ?

Last edited by Fadi; 11-29-22 at 07:12 AM.
Old 11-29-22, 11:07 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by Fadi
Very helpful, thank you. I've called Lsailt and am awaiting their response, but I've had problems with battery drain when I added extra cameras to my wife's GX in the past, and I don't want to end up with a device that might result in power problems.
There are similar items on YouTube; is there a comparison to show why Lsailt could be a better option ?
Lsailt unit power is supplied via CAN controller power source, which will keep the unit powered for about 6 minutes after ignition off for proper shut down. Not sure why you had power drain issue by adding cameras. You should using I/G power source for your camera or ACC power if you prefer to have the cameras while on ACC (not desirable).

As for comparison of units from different manufacturers, since there are fairly small installation basis, there is not really a comparison out there, everyone has their own experience and preferences as well. But in general, all of them are Android based with most identical hardware and processor, each have their own flavor of GUI. It really comes down to vendor support and manufacturing quality. I have the Lsailt units for both of my 14GX and 16LX, have not had any issues for the past 2+ years. Just as most Android devices, reboot it once every so often to clear any memory leak to keep it running in optimal condition would be the best practice in most of situation.
Fadi (12-16-22)
Old 08-04-23, 08:20 AM
Zhustar
4th Gear

I’m interest to purchase the unit, can you please pm me a link too? @hzhao thanks!

Quick Reply: CarPlay integration with OEM head unit on 2014 GX460 - Successful