GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2018 GX 460 heated seat problems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-20 | 10:19 AM
ddtipton
Driver School Candidate

Default 2018 GX 460 heated seat problems?

Any owners of a GX 460 have issues with the seats blowing hot air when it was set to a/c? We have a 2018 model and the mid back area of the seat is blowing warm/hot air out when it is set to cool. Headed to the shop with it tomorrow before the warranty expires but am curious if others have experienced this problem. I found a video of a seat without the covering and see there are separate fans for the lower and upper sections of the seat but I'm not sure where the heating & cooling is supplied from. Does it come from the ventilation of the cabin heater/ac or does the seat have an individual unit? Any input is appreciated.

DT
Old 08-23-20 | 10:31 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by ddtipton
Any owners of a GX 460 have issues with the seats blowing hot air when it was set to a/c? We have a 2018 model and the mid back area of the seat is blowing warm/hot air out when it is set to cool. Headed to the shop with it tomorrow before the warranty expires but am curious if others have experienced this problem. I found a video of a seat without the covering and see there are separate fans for the lower and upper sections of the seat but I'm not sure where the heating & cooling is supplied from. Does it come from the ventilation of the cabin heater/ac or does the seat have an individual unit? Any input is appreciated.

DT
Seat cooling function only add the air circulation to the seats, there has notion to do with your a/c settings. It just circulating the cabinet air. If your car has been sitting under the sun for awhile, you will getting the hot ware air in the seats until your car cools down. That’s about it. Nothing is wrong.
Old 08-23-20 | 11:07 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

So the GX lists the option as Heated and Ventilated Seats, and most folks like myself assume some form of active direct cooling occurs. In reality whats posted above it is correct; simple mixing of air in the cabin, rather then an AC duct. What I would ask though, is this something new and are your rear vents pumping heated air as well? Get it check either way for piece of mind.
Old 08-23-20 | 11:23 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by coolsaber
So the GX lists the option as Heated and Ventilated Seats, and most folks like myself assume some form of active direct cooling occurs. In reality whats posted above it is correct; simple mixing of air in the cabin, rather then an AC duct. What I would ask though, is this something new and are your rear vents pumping heated air as well? Get it check either way for piece of mind.
Rear vent should be connected with A/C. If you have tri-zone option, the ceiling vents at rear are connected with separate A/C unit.
Old 08-23-20 | 01:52 PM
ddtipton
Driver School Candidate

Mixing of cabin air makes sense now and is most likely the culprit. My wife noticed it the last couple weeks when temps have been near 110. She is leaving work in the heat of the day and only has a 20-25 minute commute so it's not having time to cool the cabin down completely before she is parked at home. All the zones are working fine, if she had a longer commute then she might be able to realize the cooling. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-19-20 | 08:51 PM
angrygx
Driver

Originally Posted by ddtipton
Mixing of cabin air makes sense now and is most likely the culprit. My wife noticed it the last couple weeks when temps have been near 110. She is leaving work in the heat of the day and only has a 20-25 minute commute so it's not having time to cool the cabin down completely before she is parked at home. All the zones are working fine, if she had a longer commute then she might be able to realize the cooling. Thanks for the feedback.
also if you set your ac fan towards the floor or body and floor the seat will cool down faster.