GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2010-2013 OEM Radio, Stereo, Navigation Problems, Questions, Updates

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-20, 04:57 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 986 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by KYGX
Now the audio system won't power on at all. In the diagnostic, at the top where it says 0:EMVN the word MOST is red, when I click it, all the systems have a check mark. Honestly, if the replacement is 2k and it's this hard to troubleshoot, I may just sell the vehicle. I wouldn't even know where to start to unhook the steering wheel controls. I don't really know what I'm doing with the electronics at all. I was going to purchase and install the VLine this week, however, I will no longer be doing that.
To disable the steering wheel control button, all you need to do is to remove two Tox30 screws on back of steering wheel. You will need to turn the steering wheel 90 degree to access the screws. This will allow you to remove center piece of the steering wheel. After that, you will see a multi-pins plug that leads to the left side of audio/phone controls, just unplug it will disable those controls.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (12-02-20)
Old 12-02-20, 05:01 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,666 Likes on 2,400 Posts

hzhao: I'm trying to remember now... isn't 10-13 more or less just stereo on bottom while '14+ has more logic in the lower unit?
Old 12-02-20, 05:20 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by Acrad
hzhao: I'm trying to remember now... isn't 10-13 more or less just stereo on bottom while '14+ has more logic in the lower unit?
They both had similar logic, both integrated HAVC control and CAN communication for information display. The key difference were in two areas: NAV, HD (prior ‘14) vs SD, Multi-CD (prior ‘14) vs DVD. Other minor differences are different display unit which also resulted different wire harnesses. For ‘14+, the unit also moved some display logic and control functions from display unit integrated into the head unit. So the display unit for ‘14+.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (12-02-20)
Old 12-02-20, 06:27 PM
KYGX
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Acrad
Have you had anything else electrical not work in vehicle or added anything?
I haven't added a thing yet. The only thing I've done is replaced the washer fluid pump.
Old 12-02-20, 06:28 PM
KYGX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hzhao
To disable the steering wheel control button, all you need to do is to remove two Tox30 screws on back of steering wheel. You will need to turn the steering wheel 90 degree to access the screws. This will allow you to remove center piece of the steering wheel. After that, you will see a multi-pins plug that leads to the left side of audio/phone controls, just unplug it will disable those controls.
Thank you for this. I will follow your instructions and unplug those controls for a day or so.
Old 12-03-20, 08:57 AM
angrygx
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

did I hear 9000?
Old 12-04-20, 01:34 PM
flighht2k5
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone tried this?

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/col...-460-2010-2018
Old 12-04-20, 03:43 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Similar unit

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-consoles.html

Originally Posted by flighht2k5
Old 12-04-20, 03:47 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Saw this on Drive2.ru forum if someone has issues hitting the buttons with their knee on 10-13 models. I personally have never experienced this. Text is Google translated so can't vouch for that.

https://www.drive2.ru/l/487388216899404199

Old 12-23-20, 03:32 PM
Ramzizaz
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS430Nole
Yeah tried that but to no avail. I have a feeling it has something to do with the mode switch on the steering wheel but I have no way of knowing without taking it to a dealer.
Were you able to correct this and how? I am having the same issue. Thx
Old 12-23-20, 04:41 PM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by LS430Nole
Yeah tried that but to no avail. I have a feeling it has something to do with the mode switch on the steering wheel but I have no way of knowing without taking it to a dealer.
You can try to disconnect the steering control to see if that helps. To do so, just take out two TOX30 screws behind steering wheel, you may need to turn the wheel a bit to access the screw holes. You will lift the center potion of the steering wheel, the multi pin connect is easy to disconnect.
Old 01-14-21, 12:51 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Just bringing back a trivia thread. How far does the calendar app in your infotainment go out on the '14+ models?

EDIT: Never mind... looks like the calendar went away after 2013 :-)

Last edited by Acrad; 01-14-21 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-24-21, 01:08 AM
faraz898
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy GX infotainment fried?

Hello Everyone, first time posting so apologies if I missed out on anything.

I have been living with my 2010 GX460 for a few months now. The infotainment screen had been fine (except for the lack of Bluetooth Audio) until it just stopped working one day. For context, I was starting the car but the battery connection wasn't secured well enough so the car lost power mid startup. Once I secured the wire and turned the car on the whole center control stack stopped working. The backlight still works for the screen and buttons and the AC system works too (I can switch it on by turning my cool box on) but the screen is blank and none of the media/AC control buttons work.

Initially, I thought it was a fuse so I visually inspected every single fuse (yes I checked the ones specific to the AC and Audio systems but can never be sure I guess) and they were all intact. Then I removed the center stack to check for any signs of burns from the wiring connections but those were all intact as well. I also did an ECU reset by removing the two fuses for a minute or so but nothing.

So here I am a bit stuck. I took it to a few garages and they just said the unit is burnt out and needs to be replaced but I don't think they looked into it enough. I have been told it could be a relay switch but I haven't been able to find where I can find them or fix them.

Here are the questions I have:
1. I have been told it could be a relay switch but I'm unsure where I can find these. Could this be the issue?
2. Can I plug and play a unit from a newer or same year GX model that has Bluetooth Audio or do they need to be coded to the VIN?
3. As a last resort I'm thinking of switching to an android screen. I hate the massive Tesla style ones so I'm looking at this and this but have not been able to get a video of them working installed. Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with these?

I've attached a few pictures of my infotainment if that helps!

Old 03-04-21, 08:34 AM
KYGX
Driver School Candidate

My radio has gone out again. Yesterday while driving I heard what sounded like a loud surge of electricity through the speakers, then the HU turned off and won't turn back on. After sitting for a couple of hours, when I started the vehicle the radio turned out. After about 10 seconds there was again a loud static sound that started in the speaker in the drivers door, then ended in the passenger door, the the unit turned off. I'm assuming I just need to replace the HU, but could this be the amp? I thought I'd ask for options before spending a lot of money on the head unit.
Old 04-21-21, 11:39 AM
skrypj
Intermediate

Received 127 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Unresponsive nav screen

My 2011 Nav screen started acting up a few months back. I thought it was the cold weather as the screen would eventually start to work again after long drives but its now worse than ever and, even with the warmer weather, is still not working.

It does sense the touch sometimes but usually it is not selecting where I actually touch. So if I were to try and hit the 3 zone button in the top right corner, it might change the fan speed in the middle.

So i guess my question is, can i get a new digitizer or do I need a whole screen replacement. If I need the entire screen, is there a P/N for it? Looking at the lexus parts sites, I don't see the screen listed separately. You have to buy the entire front cover with the HVAC and radio controls and no joke is like $10700.

Last edited by skrypj; 04-21-21 at 11:44 AM.

Quick Reply: 2010-2013 OEM Radio, Stereo, Navigation Problems, Questions, Updates