GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2010-2013 OEM Radio, Stereo, Navigation Problems, Questions, Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-12, 01:12 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I thought so too. I'm going in in late-Nov too and plan to pin them down a bit on the labor rate.
Let's compare what we were charged after Thanksgiving!
Old 10-09-12, 09:11 PM
seahaul
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Follow this thread, use your laptop to do it yourself although you still need the dongle. Link is on the tundra site but I know the order process and the login to 2010 GX works for sure with no issues. So does the download.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...v7-clone-35-a/
Old 10-12-12, 07:51 AM
unklexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to clarify Sea, did you do the complete process and the 2012 update works fine? I have a cable for my previous Prius, I may try to see if it works. The Tundra thread is good, though does not specify any details on gps updating that I could see, and I would be a bit nervous flying blind for the install. And also I assume the entire map update does in fact reside on the usb stick?

Thanks!
Old 10-13-12, 12:31 PM
seahaul
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by unklexus
Just to clarify Sea, did you do the complete process and the 2012 update works fine? I have a cable for my previous Prius, I may try to see if it works. The Tundra thread is good, though does not specify any details on gps updating that I could see, and I would be a bit nervous flying blind for the install. And also I assume the entire map update does in fact reside on the usb stick?

Thanks!
No I didn't complete it, I went into the area where the navigation asked for the dongle but don't have it yet.
Old 11-19-12, 06:57 AM
unklexus
Rookie

After checking prices around Houston, I found the 12.1 usb update for $199.00 at Northside Lexus. I decided 30 bucks labor was worth it to have it done right the first time.
Old 11-28-12, 11:00 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SaniDel

Let's compare what we were charged after Thanksgiving!
SaniDel.....

What did it cost you ??

~ Cap
Old 11-29-12, 06:22 AM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

It didn't happen.

Although it had been ordered, scheduled and two days allowed for a 36-month/30,000 mile service, they could not do this upgrade, nor any previous upgrade, e.g,. versions 10 or 11. The reason given was Hurricane Sandy ... somehow their "supply chain" to download the update was impacted and they don't expect to be able to perform navigation updates until February .... that's what they said!

Yeah, I was a bit put off by this also. It would have been "easy money" for them so I have to assume they really couldn't do the update. I could imagine a scenario where they get their downloads from a server somewhere in the mid-Atlantic area (Long Island?) and the server got flooded during Hurricane Sandy, etc., etc., etc., but to lose the capability for four months? I'm wondering if there is another reason ... perhaps an interim update early next year?
Regards,

SaniDel

P.S. Version 9 still works fine, but on our recent 1,200 mile road trip to Sanibel from Delaware we found several areas where the roads had changed enough so that the navigation system showed us going "off road" when if fact we were on a new road!
Old 02-02-13, 01:44 PM
Capirato
Racer

Default Satellite Radio

Has anyone had any trouble with their Satellite Radio signal ??

~ Cap
Old 02-02-13, 01:58 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

No, mine works fine...
Old 02-02-13, 02:36 PM
Capirato
Racer

Originally Posted by Craig B

No, mine works fine...
I started having a problem with SAT radio. It would want to play, but then I would get a No Signal message.

Assuming it was an antenna problem, I took the truck to the dealer. They told me to call Sirius. I told them to do it for me. Reluctantly they did.

Sirius had them go through some tests and it was decided that they check the antenna and a module.

After waiting for some time, dealer told me that it wasn't a quick fix.

So, an appointment has been made for Tuesday to bring the truck back and they will give me a loaner.

More later,

~ Cap
Old 02-02-13, 04:48 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Capirato
I started having a problem with SAT radio. It would want to play, but then I would get a No Signal message.

Assuming it was an antenna problem, I took the truck to the dealer. They told me to call Sirius. I told them to do it for me. Reluctantly they did.

Sirius had them go through some tests and it was decided that they check the antenna and a module.

After waiting for some time, dealer told me that it wasn't a quick fix.

So, an appointment has been made for Tuesday to bring the truck back and they will give me a loaner.

More later,

~ Cap
Good luck, on my LS 460, sometimes, I have to shut off the car, the signal isn't good for some reason, doesn't happen often. When I start the back up, the problem goes away... Never had it happen on my GX 460.
Old 02-03-13, 09:47 AM
LexusVet
Pole Position

You may just need a signal refresh. You can call or just go to website put in radio id and follow instructions Worked for me,
Old 07-12-13, 12:01 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Bluetooth / IPhone issues

I'm having an issue with the Bluetooth while I am talking, I can hear the person who I'm talking to fine but the person at times can't hear me or they say it sounds like I'm talking under water and cutting out. I had this happen a couple of times in the past but figured it was just bad reception. It not the reception as the phone and Nav screen shows full strength and I disconnected the Bluetooth and talked on the phone and the other person could hear me fine at that point. Ideas?
Old 07-12-13, 12:33 PM
ChicagoRy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I'm having an issue with the Bluetooth while I am talking, I can hear the person who I'm talking to fine but the person at times can't hear me or they say it sounds like I'm talking under water and cutting out. I had this happen a couple of times in the past but figured it was just bad reception. It not the reception as the phone and Nav screen shows full strength and I disconnected the Bluetooth and talked on the phone and the other person could hear me fine at that point. Ideas?

No issues for me. Seems obvious have you disconnected the Bluetooth and then reconnected it? Are you listening to Sat radio before you use it? I had to have them send a refresh signal and they said that Bluetooth could interfere with Sat radio sometimes, so maybe it's the reverse also? Have you updated your iOS software to the latest version or did it work on a previous version?
Old 07-12-13, 12:44 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I haven't disconnected the Bluetooth and I was listening to XM, Hmmm....., seems odd though to me. I just hate when I re-connect the phone is screws up off my edited phone contacts and stored numbers on the Nav screen.

Quick Reply: 2010-2013 OEM Radio, Stereo, Navigation Problems, Questions, Updates