GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2010-2013 OEM Radio, Stereo, Navigation Problems, Questions, Updates

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-13 | 07:50 PM
LFIL
Rookie

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I'm having an issue with the Bluetooth while I am talking, I can hear the person who I'm talking to fine but the person at times can't hear me or they say it sounds like I'm talking under water and cutting out. I had this happen a couple of times in the past but figured it was just bad reception. It not the reception as the phone and Nav screen shows full strength and I disconnected the Bluetooth and talked on the phone and the other person could hear me fine at that point. Ideas?
If you have your fan on any speed above low, and the center vents are all the way open, and especially pointing up, this will happen. The easiest way to solve it is to turn the center vents off when using the hands-free. Another annoying poorly designed aspect of the GX. They warn you about it in the owner's manual, but still.
Old 07-13-13 | 06:55 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by LFIL
If you have your fan on any speed above low, and the center vents are all the way open, and especially pointing up, this will happen. The easiest way to solve it is to turn the center vents off when using the hands-free. Another annoying poorly designed aspect of the GX. They warn you about it in the owner's manual, but still.
Ok, Thanks, Never thought or read about that. My vents are kind of pushed up too.
Old 08-16-13 | 08:50 AM
CBRDude
Rookie

Eppieguy,

This is just my opinion only. The BT on the Lexus stink period. The technology is so far behind it's not even funny!

For something costing this much money the technology is light years behind. I can't import my address book nor take call waiting using my iPhone 5. It's not the version 5 either. Version 4 and 4S don't work either. The 2013's finally have the app package that Toyota has had for a few years already. My Infiniti is much more ahead of the Lexus as far as the technology is concerned.
Old 08-16-13 | 11:43 AM
Koz

Originally Posted by CBRDude
Eppieguy,

This is just my opinion only. The BT on the Lexus stink period. The technology is so far behind it's not even funny!

For something costing this much money the technology is light years behind. I can't import my address book nor take call waiting using my iPhone 5. It's not the version 5 either.
BT works fine for me, even the Torque app (OBD2) works great (in real time). I downloaded my contacts with the S3/4, no problem. Time to get rid of that dinosaur phone!

Koz
Old 08-16-13 | 12:19 PM
CBRDude
Rookie

Won't download the BlackBerry address book either! Damn Apple phone!

Koz you're right it does download the android from that OS.
Old 08-16-13 | 12:41 PM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by LFIL
That was the issue, thanks.

Also my IPhone 4S had no issues with the contacts uploading in to the Lexus and i love the Bluetooth audio as well.
Old 01-10-14 | 06:36 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Default Navigation issue

I enter a new address into my navigation probably 10 times a week and have noticed an unusual issue, The mileage to the destination always changes when I start to move. I do not see a pattern but it always estimates the trip and then adds 5 to 9 miles or so when I start moving. I understand if I am in a driveway or in a shopping center it must recalibrate but this is not the case. I am choosing a direct route so the other routing options are not a factor. I miss my Joy Stick to move around on my MDX and the touch screen to move around on Lexus is annoying and it sucks to stop the truck to enter an address.
Old 01-10-14 | 08:21 PM
JohnJerk
Driver

Not sure about your first issue, but voice command in the address to avoid the touch screen.
Old 01-10-14 | 09:33 PM
Kitana
Driver

Originally Posted by JohnJerk
Not sure about your first issue, but voice command in the address to avoid the touch screen.
That was going to be my next question. Glad you can use VC. I hate having to stop to enter addresses in my Highlander. I can't really complain though. The system is almost 10yrs old and has done it's job well.
Old 01-11-14 | 01:51 AM
Capirato
Racer

Originally Posted by tecman

I miss my Joy Stick to move around on my MDX and the touch screen to move around on Lexus is annoying and it sucks to stop the truck to enter an address.
Prestigious Society makes a Navi-Video Enhancement System, which allows you to enter an address without stopping the truck, among other things.
Old 01-11-14 | 07:28 AM
tecman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JohnJerk
I will try that, I have voice command on my MDX and have not used it in years due to frustrations. Street names have so may variations in spelling along with unusual names and my Lexus covers 3south east states (MDX is 1 state) so there is a lot of street data and my iPhone Siri misunderstands me often. The joy I have with my MDX joy stick is looking ahead and all around easily and a faster response hard button zoom. Yes sometimes a hard device controller can be better I am aware of the Prestigious product and will probably have to go with that so I don't hold up traffic while trying to quickly enter in an address
Old 01-11-14 | 11:00 AM
Herd72
Pit Crew

Related question - What would be the best way to use the nav in this situation? We travel several times a year to visit my son in another state. There is a by pass we use around a pretty large city to avoid the traffic congestion. My old Garmin would take me around by way of the by pass when I chose "quickest route" but the Nav in the GX tries to take me straight through the middle of the mess when I chose "quickest route" the other choices do not take me the way I want to go either. Could I perhaps set someplace along the by pass route as a way point or something? What would you guys suggest? I was heading down there a couple of weeks ago and not paying attention and just drove right past the turn for the by pass because I was listening to the Nav and expected it to take me the right way. Any ideas would be appreciated if you have done something similar.
Thanks,
Jim in WV
Old 01-11-14 | 12:27 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Originally Posted by Herd72
Related question - What would be the best way to use the nav in this situation? We travel several times a year to visit my son in another state. There is a by pass we use around a pretty large city to avoid the traffic congestion. My old Garmin would take me around by way of the by pass when I chose "quickest route" but the Nav in the GX tries to take me straight through the middle of the mess when I chose "quickest route" the other choices do not take me the way I want to go either. Could I perhaps set someplace along the by pass route as a way point or something? What would you guys suggest? I was heading down there a couple of weeks ago and not paying attention and just drove right past the turn for the by pass because I was listening to the Nav and expected it to take me the right way. Any ideas would be appreciated if you have done something similar.
Thanks,
Jim in WV
Either a way point just after the ramp along the route you want to take, or pay attention and make the ramp and the route will automatically be updated.

Randy B
Old 01-11-14 | 06:19 PM
Herd72
Pit Crew

I will go with the way point - I have all the sense of direction of a drunken goose! The exit is easy to miss- I have gone that way maybe 25 times since he moved there and still missed it last time because ... I was not paying attention! I thought the way point would be the best solution. TNX
Old 07-29-14 | 04:55 AM
mbusari
Driver School Candidate

Lightbulb Help my Cd/DVD is hanging my navi

Please help, I've noticed that cd/DVD hangs my navi in GX460 2011 once start playing either one, it refuses to stop even after hitting the stop button it fades out and just starts again and continues to play and will not allow me to change to any other function it just bleeps a blue screen a temporary pause and plays again.... But once I eject every single CD/DVD in the system, everything goes back to normal and all functions are restored.... Please help on how to solve this, I was thinking I should get a cd/DVD cleaner first before thinking of the heavy stuffs

Thank you

Quick Reply: 2010-2013 OEM Radio, Stereo, Navigation Problems, Questions, Updates