GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

20+ Style headlights conversion for 2014-2019

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-21, 09:48 AM
TwoSpeed
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered from Chenglong Hu on 10/13 and received in my headlights yesterday. Unfortunately they shipped a damaged right headlamp. The exterior package had no damage, it looks like it was packed and shipped this way....

The self leveling component was broke off the housing and the guts of the mechanism fell out and were in the bag. The LED lamps themselves are loose in the housing.

I contacted the seller to inform them of the damage. I will keep everyone updated on their response in correcting the issue.

Last edited by TwoSpeed; 10-24-21 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-24-21, 01:30 PM
SIXTHCOLUM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoSpeed
Ordered from Chenglong Hu on 10/13 and received in my headlights yesterday. Unfortunately they shipped a damaged right headlamp. The exterior package had no damage, it looks like it was packed and shipped this way....

The self leveling component was broke off the housing and the guts of the mechanism fell out and were in the bag. The LED lamps themselves are loose in the housing.

I contacted the seller to inform them of the damage. I will keep everyone updated on their response in correcting the issue.

p
Please keep us posted on this issue
Old 10-24-21, 05:04 PM
ChrisPh
Driver

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoSpeed

I just placed an order from the same seller on 10/18. It's on the way so I hope they will arrive in good shape. Please keep us posted on this issue.
Old 11-08-21, 04:12 PM
ChrisPh
Driver

Just received the headlights. I ordered them from "Danyang Kailite Autoparts" and they work perfectly with no errors for my '17 GX460 Premium w/Sport Package.
It took me about 2 hrs to install. The headlights look awsome.

The following 4 users liked this post by ChrisPh:
Acrad (11-08-21), HedgeFund (12-18-21), LeX2K (11-08-21), Piney1 (11-08-21)
Old 11-10-21, 12:34 PM
ChrisPh
Driver

After I got these headlamps installed, I checked it out last night and found out the passenger side (right side) has more light than the driver side. I thought it was a poor aftermarket design. I went to their website and I found the picture below. It actually is the way these headlights pattern suppose to be.

The following 2 users liked this post by ChrisPh:
Piney1 (12-05-21), SteveInCal (11-10-21)
Old 11-10-21, 02:04 PM
newwat
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

How is the light output in comparison to the projector LED's? I really like the look of the new headlights, but want to make sure the light output is as good or better than the previous versions.
Old 11-10-21, 02:07 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisPh
Just received the headlights. I ordered them from "Danyang Kailite Autoparts" and they work perfectly with no errors for my '17 GX460 Premium w/Sport Package.
It took me about 2 hrs to install. The headlights look awsome.

They look great! I did the same however my cable that connects from the headlight housing to the signals dont seem to fit. I don't think I got the correct cable. For now I think I actually prefer them not to be sequential in the headlight housing but Is there any way you can show a pic of yours?
Old 11-10-21, 02:09 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisPh
After I got these headlamps installed, I checked it out last night and found out the passenger side (right side) has more light than the driver side. I thought it was a poor aftermarket design. I went to their website and I found the picture below. It actually is the way these headlights pattern suppose to be.
I was going crazy ever since I installed mine, to try to get them to align perfectly. Height is so easy to adjust but the side to side really felt off in my eyes. Also the beam cutoff is so strong (in a good way) it was very noticeable to me. The light output is excellent, but this image puts my mind to ease about the beams being off. Thanks for this!
The following 2 users liked this post by nysupraman:
ChrisPh (11-10-21), Piney1 (12-05-21)
Old 11-10-21, 04:22 PM
ChrisPh
Driver

Originally Posted by newwat
How is the light output in comparison to the projector LED's? I really like the look of the new headlights, but want to make sure the light output is as good or better than the previous versions.
The light output is very good. It's brighter than the stock versions. I hope they will last as long as the OEM ones.
The following users liked this post:
Piney1 (12-05-21)
Old 11-10-21, 04:26 PM
ChrisPh
Driver

Originally Posted by nysupraman
I was going crazy ever since I installed mine, to try to get them to align perfectly. Height is so easy to adjust but the side to side really felt off in my eyes. Also the beam cutoff is so strong (in a good way) it was very noticeable to me. The light output is excellent, but this image puts my mind to ease about the beams being off. Thanks for this!
Yeah, I though they suppose to be aligned the same both sides, but after seeing this image, I felt better now.
Old 11-10-21, 04:39 PM
ChrisPh
Driver

Originally Posted by nysupraman
They look great! I did the same however my cable that connects from the headlight housing to the signals dont seem to fit. I don't think I got the correct cable. For now I think I actually prefer them not to be sequential in the headlight housing but Is there any way you can show a pic of yours?
There are a couple versions of these headlamps. Just look thru this thread and you will learn a lot about them. I got mine also learnt from this thread so I could get the correct ones w/o any error. Especially thanks to hzhao; GX*BOB; MallCrawlr; and many members here.
Piney1 (12-05-21)
Old 11-15-21, 02:58 PM
utoplan88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hzhao can you help me out how to get decoder? i have same headlight like you.
Old 11-15-21, 10:42 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 985 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by utoplan88
hzhao can you help me out how to get decoder? i have same headlight like you.
I never need the decode and not sure how I can help. The best bet is to contact seller to obtain one. It seems there are several variations of suppliers in China for the lights and some of them do need decode,
Old 11-19-21, 07:24 AM
rhase44
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the look of the new headlights! Still satisfied with the product? Can you PM me the link and pricing? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-19-21, 09:38 AM
ChrisPh
Driver

Originally Posted by rhase44
Love the look of the new headlights! Still satisfied with the product? Can you PM me the link and pricing? Thanks in advance.
I have them on for only about a week. So far I like them, they are brighter than the stock ones. I purchased them from here:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/KLT-Newest-car-accessories-car-front_1600116913175.html?spm=a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.39cc2fc2ThcHrl

Cost: $800 + $380 shipping from China to CA. It took about 3 weeks to arrive.

Last edited by ChrisPh; 11-20-21 at 01:37 PM.
GX*BOB (11-20-21)

Quick Reply: 20+ Style headlights conversion for 2014-2019