GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

GROM VLINE2 for 2010-13

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-20, 06:04 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by bbqsoup

Anyone else has the same issue with the blue screen?
The blue tint screen usually indicate there is missing one primary color from display drive, since you have indicated rebooting will fix it, it could be the components issue on the module.
Old 12-14-20, 08:25 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 598 Likes on 424 Posts

I'm suspecting something with the video sync components too. I sent them some pictures and they opened a case.

Originally Posted by hzhao
The blue tint screen usually indicate there is missing one primary color from display drive, since you have indicated rebooting will fix it, it could be the components issue on the module.
Old 12-14-20, 04:25 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

GROM got back to me regarding the blue-tint issue. They are aware of the issue and gave me a new Vline Firmware to to download to a USB. I put in the USB2 slot and went into the Vline config in the Settings and it detected the new file confirmed the upgrade. After 10 sec, I shut down the car and restarted again and it looks good - I have no way to confirm the blue tint as it only happened after a vline version upgrade.

My old version was

VCore: V2OVL3.29.0.0 Vbase: 31.47(L22)

After the upgrade
VCore: V2OVL3.29.0.0 Vbase: 31.48(L22) - so it did have a minor upgrade.
Old 12-15-20, 06:40 AM
JALinker
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Does anyone with the VL2 use the MyBP app?

Having difficulty choosing pumps when in the app...

GROM doesn't have the bandwidth to test apps and the app developer does not have the bandwidth to test all devices. :-(
Old 12-15-20, 09:32 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

You probably have to download and see which one works for you. I found out that the OEM touchscreen limitation makes some apps unusable. Also many of the apps are made for the newer Android versions. With Vline2 running 8.1 some of the new apps wouldn't work properly.

Originally Posted by JALinker
Does anyone with the VL2 use the MyBP app?

Having difficulty choosing pumps when in the app...

GROM doesn't have the bandwidth to test apps and the app developer does not have the bandwidth to test all devices. :-(
Old 12-22-20, 09:10 AM
QukSlver13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To those that have this, are you able to retain steering wheel controls for track skip etc. when using AA or CarPlay?
Old 12-22-20, 06:22 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

I don’t remember I tried it specifically with Carplay with in any other mode, native youtube, BT streaming internet etc, pressing up advances to next track.
Old 01-19-21, 06:50 AM
KYGX
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just got my unit installed yesterday. I haven't had time to play around with it, only did updates. I bought the cable from Grom to connect to the factory USB port by the cigarette lighter that then connects directly to the Vline. I have a 2011 and I was disappointed to find that the connector on the cable I bought from them doesn't match what's in my GX. I was really hoping this would work since I really don't want to create a separate USB connection. I also want to keep the cigarette lighter port. Anyone know of another cable that could connect to the backside of the factory USB and connect to the female USB supplied by GROM? It looks like they only sell the one cable.
Old 01-19-21, 07:53 AM
JALinker
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I installed in a 2011 as well... I do not use the USB port in the console at all... it was too weak to provide adequate/fast charging, so I used a multi-usb charger in the 12-volt spot. I ran a pair of long USB extension cables to the armrest storage space and put a USB hub on the one labelled for Android... I have thumb drives there for movies on the go. and can plug in an Android device or my iphones as needed... though, I use wireless AirPlay/AA when I need it--but mostly I use the native vLine as a device... I used Agama Car Launcher--it is WAY better than the front end that came from GROM.
The following users liked this post:
KYGX (01-19-21)
Old 01-19-21, 06:48 PM
KYGX
Driver School Candidate

I've still only played with the unit a little. So far I really like it. I chatted with Grom support who assured me the cable I purchased to use the factory USB would work, so I removed the head unit again and tried, to no avail. I'm having trouble downloading almost anything through the Google Play Store. I get an error that there is no network connection, even though it is clearly connected to my iPhone hotspot. I'm going to attempt to figure out how to keep the unit connected to my wifi hotspot while using wireless carplay tomorrow.
Old 01-19-21, 07:31 PM
ariele
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have VL2 for a while on my INFINITI FX35, I'm experimenting the same issue "not network connection" with last two firmware updates. This used to work fine. We must wait to see is been fixed soon.

I did purchase VL2 for my 2017 GX460 . This will be my second VL2 unit..

Old 01-20-21, 08:11 AM
KYGX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ariele
I have VL2 for a while on my INFINITI FX35, I'm experimenting the same issue "not network connection" with last two firmware updates. This used to work fine. We must wait to see is been fixed soon.

I did purchase VL2 for my 2017 GX460 . This will be my second VL2 unit..
I tried to mess around with it today and keep running into the "no network" issue. It's really strange. I even connected to my home wifi to see if it was something to do with my phone. Alas it was not. I hope they can get this lined out. CarPlay works great though.
Old 01-20-21, 08:45 AM
bbqsoup
Racer

Try a full reset via System-Network then do a full reset via pulling the power connector.
Once it boots up, don’t connect anything and go into Network forget all the saved wifi. Then manually reconnect to wifi or hotspot. Check your phone to make sure it is really connect to hotspot.

For wireless carplay to work with wifi, you need to have wifi enabled, bt enabled but ONLY connected for media and not internet. The unit will create a wifi ID and your phone will connect to it. On the phone go into settings-Carplay to see that it is connected.

I used wireless carplay a few times but now mostly wired. Majority of the time I use native apps on the unit connecting to my hotspot
The following users liked this post:
Ncan8 (01-21-21)
Old 01-21-21, 02:16 PM
KYGX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bbqsoup
Try a full reset via System-Network then do a full reset via pulling the power connector.
Once it boots up, don’t connect anything and go into Network forget all the saved wifi. Then manually reconnect to wifi or hotspot. Check your phone to make sure it is really connect to hotspot.

For wireless carplay to work with wifi, you need to have wifi enabled, bt enabled but ONLY connected for media and not internet. The unit will create a wifi ID and your phone will connect to it. On the phone go into settings-Carplay to see that it is connected.

I used wireless carplay a few times but now mostly wired. Majority of the time I use native apps on the unit connecting to my hotspot
Thank you so much. Your suggestions got me lined out. I spent most of today in the GX and I have really enjoyed the Vline. CarPlay is exceptional. I really appreciate your help!
Old 01-21-21, 04:59 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Glad to see it helped.
Have you updated to the latest version and firmware?
Also do you use a different launcher than the default? I just learned that Car Launcher has a side car that loads trip info for trip for for a day. Very useful for trips

Originally Posted by KYGX
Thank you so much. Your suggestions got me lined out. I spent most of today in the GX and I have really enjoyed the Vline. CarPlay is exceptional. I really appreciate your help!
Attached Thumbnails GROM VLINE2 for 2010-13-img_1287-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: GROM VLINE2 for 2010-13