Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Cargo mats

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-10, 10:43 AM
flyfshermn
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carpet cargo mat

Anybody have the sepia interior and the carpet cargo mat? I unpacked the mat, and lo and behold it's gray and does not match the interior. The label on the package said brown. I contacted the dealer who ordered another one. This one was also labeled brown and is gray. WTF? Does anybody actually have a brown one that matches the interior? I don't use the third row seats and with the mat in it looks like crap. The picture on the Lexus website clearly shows a brown one.
Old 03-25-10, 02:07 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The photo in your post shows the Ecru interior which is what I have.

My cargo mat also does not match.

I think they have only supplied one color.

Mine came with the car, but they should not list it as brown when it's actually gray.

Do you have the part number?
Old 03-25-10, 05:39 PM
flyfshermn
Driver School Candidate

Mine came with the car too. I don't have the part number. If that picture is the ecru interior, at least the mat is indeed brown, not gray. Why would they make a gray mat and call it brown, especially for this class of vehicle. I am disappointed as I thought purchasing a so-called luxury vehicle there would be no issues as simple as this is.
Old 03-25-10, 06:33 PM
ybing
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My cargo mat match the my black interior tho...
Old 03-25-10, 07:25 PM
flyfshermn
Driver School Candidate

Heh, yeah it would be great for a black interior. If and when they become available I will get a cargo liner so that I can actually haul my fishing stuff around without worrying about getting the carpet wet and dirty, so it really won't matter anyway. Hopefully that will match the interior though.
Old 03-25-10, 07:48 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flyfshermn
If and when they become available I will get a cargo liner.
That was my thinking too, so I didn't pay too much attention to the fact that it doesn't match, but now that you've shown the picture from their web site with the brown mat, I'm going to have to follow up with my dealer.
Old 03-25-10, 11:08 PM
akfd
Pole Position

While waiting for a cargo liner to become available, my dealer has taught me a little trick. He said in the meantime flip the cargo mat over so the carpet side faces downwards and the underside (rubber) faces upwards. At least water and other liquids won't soak and can be cleaned easily. Just a temporary solution, but a pretty good one in my opinion.
Old 04-13-10, 12:49 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Our 460 with the sephia interior was delivered with a cargo area mat that is a good color match for the carpeting, but it was too wide. Turns out there are two sizes for the cargo area mats for units with or without rear air conditioning. As our unit has rear air conditioning, the smaller mat is required.

Our dealer did a swap and all is well.
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 04-13-10, 02:43 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SaniDel
Our 460 with the sephia interior was delivered with a cargo area mat that is a good color match for the carpeting, but it was too wide. Turns out there are two sizes for the cargo area mats for units with or without rear air conditioning. As our unit has rear air conditioning, the smaller mat is required.

Our dealer did a swap and all is well.
Regards,

SaniDel
Can you post a pic of your cargo mat?
Old 04-13-10, 04:17 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Originally Posted by antonio98
Can you post a pic of your cargo mat?
I would be happy to provide a picture, but it is identical to the mat in flyfshermn's picture, which started this thread. It appears that his unit also has rear air conditioning and the correct mat. If it did not have air conditioning, there would be some additional room in the right corner of the mat, directly above where the door closer connects to the body.

In addition, the mat would have a few inches of extra fabric to completely fill that space. That was the mat that came with our unit ... I thought it strange that several inches of fabric had to be curled up and blocking the rear air conditioning vent!

If you still want a picture to compare color of the mat vs. the carpet, let me know ... the sun will be out tomorrow!
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 04-13-10, 07:01 PM
flyfshermn
Driver School Candidate

I'd like to see a picture of your mat since you have the sepia interior too. The image I posted is from the Lexus website to show what the mat looks like installed. In the image it looks brown, mine is gray and does not match the interior.
Old 04-14-10, 05:48 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Here are my pictures of the cargo area in sephia with and without the cargo area mat, but they do not make the point ... sorry!

The sephia interior color is about the same between the leather and the carpeting, although there are subtle differences between leather, plastic and fabric. For most people, the word 'brown' comes to mind!

The cargo area mat is also brown, but it sure doesn't look it from these pictures! I suspect there was a color balance problem as both pictures were taken with a flash, but on a sunny day. So, you will have to take my word for it ... the cargo area mat is also 'brown' and appears a good match for the sephia.

One final note on the cargo area mat ... notice that it fits in the right corner where you see the rear air conditioning grille. For those units without rear air conditioning, Lexus provides a different shape cargo area mat with a few extra inches of fabric to cover the space.
Regards,

SaniDel
Attached Thumbnails Cargo mats-cargo-area-in-sephia.jpg   Cargo mats-cargo-area-mat.jpg  
Old 04-16-10, 12:34 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SaniDel
Here are my pictures of the cargo area in sephia with and without the cargo area mat, but they do not make the point ... sorry!
Thanks for the photos.

It does seem that the mat is a different color from the other carpeted areas.

In my case it's gray instead of brown.
Old 04-16-10, 01:01 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

You are welcome and thanks for your understanding. As you are in North Carolina and I am in Delaware, it is unlikely either of us can "pop over" for a visit to compare the color of our mats, but I may have found an explanation for the apparent color differences.

On a recent sunny Spring day I went after our two front floor mats with Resolve carpet cleaner. I only succeeded in fading them from brown to gray, but not in cleaning them! I showed them to our dealership's Service Manager and he jokingly asked if I cleaned them with sulphuric acid. ;-)

Jokes aside, the brown dye in the sep(h)ia interior may not be colorfast! Even more of a concern is that it may sun fade. If so, any carpeting that "faces up" such as the floor and cargo mats will lose their intense brown color and start to look gray. Of course, vigorous cleaning may do the same, but at least there is a reason ... and a choice ... stained mats or faded mats?

Unlike the floor mats, our cargo area mat is unlikely to become stained as we don't use the cargo area to carry wet items, much less dirty shoes. So, I'll watch to see if the cargo area mat fades from the sun this summer ... if so, we would expect our dealership to keep us supplied with new mats!
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 02-03-14, 05:53 PM
JDSTL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo mat for 2014 GX

Is there a cargo mat, Lexus or otherwise that covers the cargo area as well as the back of the 3rd row?

I'd like something plastic or rubber to make it easy to remove dog hair.

Quick Reply: Cargo mats