GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Year end review of few mods that I have done this year

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-20, 07:43 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts
Default Year end review of few mods that I have done this year

A year has almost went by without even notice it, especially under a such circumstance. Most importantly, hoping everyone went through this tough periods with good health and high spirits. For same odd reason, this year had more spare times for working on few mods due extended stay home orders. Anyway, it’s about the time to give a quick update on those mods for those who interested as a references.

1. Custom tail lights with sequential turn signals

After 10 months, went through pretty much four seasons and various weather conditions, it is still holding strong, no leaks or cracks. The one advise to them would be the bottom trim piece seems an after thought from the design and manufacturer, apply additional silicon seal would be best practice for long last leak free.

2. 2020 style custom headlights with switchback sequential turn signals

Although it has only been two months since install, so far, through storm, freezing rain, heavy snow and other environment conditions, no issues. For me, it was a more of self challenging mods involved more at mechanical side than electronically. But I am glad that I had done it.

3. Lsailt Android interface with CarPlay add-on

After years of searching and comparing with some options such entire display unit replacement, I had picked Lsailt interface at time due to its plug play, slim box design, and support for 20114+ GX, as well as the availability for 2016+ LX. Both have been working well for the purpose and trouble free for the units. The touch screen has its limitation due to the old resistance type of screen used in GX, But for integrated into OEM solution, it worked well.

Most recently, Lsailt has released new version of the unit, with PX6 process and latest Android OS. Since I had the ability to test both on LX and GX, which represented two major interfaces with touch screen and mouse control in Lexus line, Lsailt asked if I would like to participate in a test trial of the new version units. As of last week, I have both new hardware installed on my LX and GX, the initial impression is very positive. The system is much fast and nearly instant on. The audio process has been ungraded to provided much better audio experiences should you unsung any stream audio sources. For GX, the improvement is even more noticeable, especially with touch screen response and accuracy. While old resistance type touch screen does not offer multi-touch function, but now the touch is instant without delay or missing the touch response. More so, the unit also added touch calibration function to further fine turn the tough experiences. In all it is a much needed upgrade, make the unit even more OEM like experiences. New Android OS also provided more compatibility for some newer apps experiences on car application, as before it is more of genetic mobile based.

I am continuing to evaluate the new units on both LX and GX, and welcome for any question, and I will do my best to answer them. The LX version of unit pretty much support and can be configured for all current Lexus line except GX, and GX version are configurable for GX and most of Toyota line.

Last but not least, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
The following 9 users liked this post by hzhao:
Acrad (12-25-20), bbqsoup (12-25-20), JayPixelGX (12-25-20), kode3 (12-25-20), Minsung63o (01-03-21), ObsidianBl (12-25-20), SigEpGX460 (12-25-20), tecman (12-25-20), WRD4chano (12-26-20) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-25-20, 01:21 PM
tipsytopsy
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Any chance Lsailt will let recent customers do a trade in for the new px6 unit with a decent upgrade charge? What is the price of the unit?

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
The following 2 users liked this post by tipsytopsy:
JayPixelGX (12-25-20), SigEpGX460 (12-25-20)
Old 12-25-20, 07:17 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by tipsytopsy
Any chance Lsailt will let recent customers do a trade in for the new px6 unit with a decent upgrade charge? What is the price of the unit?

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
I am sure they will have some programs for that regards, just contact the individual who you have been worked with before.
The following users liked this post:
tipsytopsy (12-26-20)