Good/Bad Idea: Install Lift Before Long Trip

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-21, 09:15 AM
CheddieBoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Good/Bad Idea: Install Lift Before Long Trip

Hey Everyone,

I finally pulled the trigger on the ToyTec Boss Aluma Series 2.0 with UCA's and all the components finally arrive 3 days before a winter trip up north from TX to CO.
Everything can get installed that same day; and I'm currently scheduled to do so.
Is there a break-in period I should be keeping in mind, or is there a typical period that shows any potential issues with the install?

I'd love to really put the suspension through the paces, but don't want to get "stranded".

Of course, it'll come down to how much I trust the shop helping me out with the install, but would appreciate hearing some thoughts!

Best,
Tomas
Old 01-11-21, 09:31 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 209 Likes on 138 Posts

I don't see any issues with it as long as everything is installed/torqued correctly and an alignment is completed. I don't think I've ever read about suspension needing "break-in".
If you did have any issues with noises, it should be noticed soon after install, maybe on the ride home.
Old 01-11-21, 02:11 PM
ASE
Pole Position

Received 1,059 Likes on 705 Posts

No break-in required. The real question is ... is "vacation" travel in the path of civilization, or or you headed out into the badlands ? If the latter, the next question would be if you travel with tools in case something were to need tightening given metric rocks are hard to find here in the states For me, I would want to put at least 1-week of mileage with mixed driving before heading out.

Last edited by ASE; 01-11-21 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-12-21, 07:45 AM
CheddieBoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by msgs350
If you did have any issues with noises, it should be noticed soon after install, maybe on the ride home.
Good point, there are a few days in between that would definitely highlight any adjustments that would need to be made.

Originally Posted by ASE
No break-in required. The real question is ... is "vacation" travel in the path of civilization, or or you headed out into the badlands ?
Unfortunately nothing too crazy this time around, headed out to a friend's cabin out there- so mainly highway and then just a little taste of the good stuff. I'm still figuring out which tire to go with, and I don't want to end up in a tough spot with the stock Duehler's.

This wasn't the first trip I was looking to do with the new setup, but since the timing came together- figured hell yeah.