Old 01-11-21, 05:22 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by bdruth
This caught my attention:

https://9to5mac.com/2021/01/11/pione...ular-receiver/

any thoughts?
it will be difficult to integrated into GX. Even Pioneer is the OEM for current GX head unit and other Lexus head units, the software and integrated control functions, such as AC and CAN requirement are largely different with those aftermarket units.
Old 01-13-21, 01:24 PM
Tiger12
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vline has an integrated unit that looks great and it keeps the OEM functions. I am having my local Lexus dealership install mine before I pickup the vehicle as they have done quite a few.
Old 01-13-21, 01:56 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 598 Likes on 424 Posts

Wow, I never heard Lexus dealer installing aftermarket system. Do they also warranty it?
Originally Posted by Tiger12
Vline has an integrated unit that looks great and it keeps the OEM functions. I am having my local Lexus dealership install mine before I pickup the vehicle as they have done quite a few.
Old 01-13-21, 02:04 PM
AceDeprave
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please keep us informed as to how well it works, what the bugs are, etc.
Old 01-13-21, 02:06 PM
Tiger12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bbqsoup
Wow, I never heard Lexus dealer installing aftermarket system. Do they also warranty it?

Getting it installed tomorrow! Local Dealership ordered a good amount of them and it even has Wireless CarPlay ability.
The following users liked this post:
EANX (01-15-21)
Old 01-13-21, 02:23 PM
bbqsoup
Racer

Received 598 Likes on 424 Posts

I installed it on my 2010, pretty easy process, and it's been working great but I didn't know dealer would do it too.

Btw, make sure you upgrade to the latest version and firmware (if there's one) after installed. Wireless Carplay is much slower than wired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQP-GP4rqf4

Getting it installed tomorrow! Local Dealership ordered a good amount of them and it even has Wireless CarPlay ability.
Old 01-13-21, 02:28 PM
Tiger12
Driver School Candidate

Don't know about the warranty but I do know they said they are verifying with the vendor before installing to ensure the latest software is installed before I take possession. Yeah wireless carplay would be nice but tethering is always "risk free."

Last edited by Tiger12; 01-13-21 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-14-21, 11:36 AM
TonyMS
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I drove a rental 2020 X3 and the wireless carplay surprised me. It was just like the wired really nice made me want it in the GX.
Old 01-14-21, 02:44 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 982 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyMS
I drove a rental 2020 X3 and the wireless carplay surprised me. It was just like the wired really nice made me want it in the GX.
Lsailt offers an add-on for 2014+ GX CarPlay, either wired or wireless. The current version of module with PX6 processor and 4/64GB configuration, works very well. Touch screen function has been much improved as OEM feeling and responses.
Old 01-14-21, 08:41 PM
Tiger12
Driver School Candidate

Just got mine back from the dealership and I can say the Vline works great and keeps all the OEM functions. A glitch going from reverse to CarPlay but will keep testing it out.
Old 01-15-21, 05:04 AM
AceDeprave
Driver School Candidate

Just got mine back from the dealership and I can say the Vline works great and keeps all the OEM functions. A glitch going from reverse to CarPlay but will keep testing it out.
I see you're in Texas. Do you mind saying which dealership? I don't have a GX yet, but am looking at pre-owned in the Houston area.
Old 01-15-21, 08:34 AM
Tiger12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AceDeprave
I see you're in Texas. Do you mind saying which dealership? I don't have a GX yet, but am looking at pre-owned in the Houston area.
Park Place Lexus of Grapevine! Family has bought multiple cars from them and they're probably one of the best. If you're looking for a reputable dealership that has a good name and will maintain your cars I would hit them up. Ask for Derek Nicholson.
Old 01-15-21, 10:37 AM
AceDeprave
Driver School Candidate

Park Place Lexus of Grapevine! Family has bought multiple cars from them and they're probably one of the best. If you're looking for a reputable dealership that has a good name and will maintain your cars I would hit them up. Ask for Derek Nicholson.
Gotcha, thanks. I'm actually in Southwest Louisiana and will be moving to Colorado soon, so probably won't be near Grapevine. Houston is the closest place to me that has decent inventory.
The following users liked this post:
Tiger12 (01-15-21)
Old 01-15-21, 11:27 AM
bookkilla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not far from PP in Grapevine. What did you they charge you if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply: New CarPlay option?