GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Front Seat Differences over years or trims?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-21, 04:33 AM
cognus
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb Front Seat Differences over years or trims?

Looking for those of you who have expertise in GX seats. I recently did a long varied test drive 2016 GX and really wanted to like it and the Mercedes dealer was ready to sell, cutting price much. However the seat back killed my enthusiasm, and a wind noise on the left side.

From 2010 to 2017, is there ONLY one seat back, regardless of package/trim or is the one i drove sat-in avoidable some how?
Old 06-16-21, 05:28 AM
ErnestPho
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What about the seat back did you not like? As far as I know the GX has had the same seat frame and cushion from 2010+. The cover materials have changed - in 2010-2013 I think the Premiums came with a good leather seat cover, in 2014 they switched to Nuluxe and I'm not sure leather was an option at all after that. Others with more knowledge on that front can weigh in.
Old 06-16-21, 08:45 AM
skeegs
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you taken a look at this thread yet?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...er-s-seat.html

I had serious trouble getting comfortable in my CPO 2017 GX because something always felt off about the lumbar support. Based on recommendations in that thread, I got a set of seat jackers to change the pitch of the seat bottom and disconnected the active headrest bracket in the lower seat back. Between those two things and the seat breaking in a little bit, I've had no issues over the past couple months and would consider the seat to be very comfortable now.
Old 06-17-21, 05:26 AM
cognus
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes had read.
Looks like no solution

Originally Posted by skeegs
Have you taken a look at this thread yet?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...er-s-seat.html

I had serious trouble getting comfortable in my CPO 2017 GX because something always felt off about the lumbar support. Based on recommendations in that thread, I got a set of seat jackers to change the pitch of the seat bottom and disconnected the active headrest bracket in the lower seat back. Between those two things and the seat breaking in a little bit, I've had no issues over the past couple months and would consider the seat to be very comfortable now.
Old 06-28-21, 03:41 AM
Piney1
Intermediate

Received 290 Likes on 174 Posts

For seat comfort - I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the seat spacers. I put them on my 13 and it raises the thigh part up enough to really change how the seat feels and comfort level. Drove my wife’s 2017 GX for a 4 hour trip a couple of weeks ago and felt like I needed a back transplant when I got home. They were a night and day difference & I need to order some for her GX.

Amazon Amazon

To put them in, you just need to undo the two front seat bolts and push the seat back to fit the spacers and then add the new bolts. I used a ratchet strap to hold the seat in position when putting them in. That kept it steady as I didn’t have someone assisting. They are made from billet aluminum and are very sturdy.