GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-21, 10:55 PM
hskbvn
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

We got our GX Premium today at Steven Creek Lexus (NorCal) at MSRP.
We are super happy, this is our first Lexus ever

Will take some more detail pics later

fyi: Lexus of Pleasanton has 3 or 4 coming early next month at MSRP
https://www.lexusofpleasanton.com/?u...klocallistings

The following 3 users liked this post by hskbvn:
clearmysix (09-25-21), Siblue (09-24-21), Slprciv (09-25-21)
Old 09-25-21, 12:10 AM
NiteDipper
Rookie

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

My wife surprised me with a Green BL for my birthday. We received a message today letting us know it is scheduled to be at the dealer early next week. MSRP 61370 no markup. She had it written up in such a way that once it came in if I didn't like the color we could switch the deposit to another vehicle. I like the color especially after seeing the photos in this thread..
Old 09-25-21, 04:17 AM
Siblue
Pit Crew

Received 134 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteDipper
My wife surprised me with a Green BL for my birthday. We received a message today letting us know it is scheduled to be at the dealer early next week. MSRP 61370 no markup. She had it written up in such a way that once it came in if I didn't like the color we could switch the deposit to another vehicle. I like the color especially after seeing the photos in this thread..
Congrats! What dealer?
Old 09-25-21, 10:11 AM
NiteDipper
Rookie

Lexus Escondido.
The Salesman emailed this morning letting us know the GX arrived at the dealership today.
The following users liked this post:
Siblue (09-25-21)
Old 09-25-21, 12:40 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Well, I'm going to be getting a Starfire Pearl Black Line from an in state dealership now and I'm glad to not be working with the other dealership anymore.

This one has an order date of 8/2021 so it's possible it's already in the US. The dealer is going to check and let me know.
Siblue (09-25-21)
Old 09-25-21, 09:26 PM
NiteDipper
Rookie

We took delivery of a Green BL GX today. My wife placed a deposit late on the 17th of September for a GX that was allocated to the dealership with an expected delivery in late November. It came in today on the 25th of september, quite a bit quicker than expected. The salesman said he received a call on the morning of the 18th from the person that records deposits at the dealership to insure ours was a serious deposit because they had received two other requests to place a deposit on it. So we feel lucky to have it and have it this early. The interior color was the only aspect I was concerned with. Specifically the contrasting grey and black leather on the seats, it seemed like too much of a contrast for my taste. After seeing it in person the color difference between the black and grey is much more subdued than what is shown in the marketing photos. The black to my eye is a very dark grey and the lighter grey isn't as light/bright as shown in the marketing photos.

Last edited by NiteDipper; 09-29-21 at 07:59 PM.
Piney1 (09-26-21)
Old 09-26-21, 01:00 PM
MrTorgue
Advanced

Received 343 Likes on 229 Posts

I just noticed the ‘22 GX center stack might be more of a pain for those who want to retro fit. The console side panels look to be bigger and the console itself may have to be included. I’d love to get my hands on one secretly so I can take the console and panels apart to see what’s what. So irritating Toyota didn’t have a better infotainment system for so bloody long. It’ll be a real disaster if the dash itself was slightly updated too...

Here’s a couple of pics to illustrate my point.
Attached Thumbnails 2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"-457f5969-86e9-4fb1-8c6f-35f9456b4cf9.jpeg   2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"-104d0d9b-83d3-4de7-9fef-e9f6136a8b58.jpeg   2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"-cba5a18a-c5d1-4ce5-a1ae-5227f140654f.jpeg  
Old 09-26-21, 02:29 PM
clearmysix
Pit Crew

Received 109 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by MrTorgue
I just noticed the ‘22 GX center stack might be more of a pain for those who want to retro fit. The console side panels look to be bigger and the console itself may have to be included. I’d love to get my hands on one secretly so I can take the console and panels apart to see what’s what. So irritating Toyota didn’t have a better infotainment system for so bloody long. It’ll be a real disaster if the dash itself was slightly updated too...

Here’s a couple of pics to illustrate my point.
I think you will need to replace these 4 parts plus the air vent duct work behind it.

Old 09-26-21, 07:59 PM
MrTorgue
Advanced

Received 343 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by clearmysix
I think you will need to replace these 4 parts plus the air vent duct work behind it.

That was also my thought. I really would like to explore this but I’ll need sons time for the ‘22 models to be everywhere so I can get my grubby hands on one to take apart. I’m really disappointed in all of these android radio things with carplay capability. We drive a few thousand miles a year on long road trips (almost ~7k miles this year alone) so carplay is just too important to not have it reliably. But I digress. It’s almost to the point of selling my 460 for something with it from the factory but not a new ‘22.
Old 09-26-21, 08:02 PM
bighero76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ml system

Anyone know if you can get the nori green with the ML sound system? My salesguy said he will “check it out” but been a week and no response.
Old 09-27-21, 12:01 AM
NiteDipper
Rookie

No is the short answer. I am one of the few that doesn't need or want it due to a hearing disability. The ML not being available on the BL will definitely cause some to go with a different trim in order to get it.
raiders3 (10-03-21)
Old 09-27-21, 01:19 AM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bighero76
Anyone know if you can get the nori green with the ML sound system? My salesguy said he will “check it out” but been a week and no response.
It has the option for the ML but most of the first patches came without it most likely later production models will have that option for the Blackline. I want the Nori green but not having ML is a huge thing to consider. I have it now in my current Lexus, I will go listen to the sound system in a GX soon without it to determine if it’s an option I can live without.
Old 09-27-21, 01:26 AM
Twizgs
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Junglequac
While I am guessing the ‘22’s are going to most likely have stronger resale value going forward, I would be reticent paying more than MSRP period and without dealer additions.

That said, with used cars being worth so much, if I had a newer GX, I would seriously consider getting a ‘22 before used car prices go back to normal and prices for 2020-2021’s dropping due to the ‘22’s having addressed the infotainment.
I agree another dealer called me and it appears the GX will arrive sometime in October, hopefully Lexus has a better program for the GX lease. The current program ends 9/30 If so I will take it but it’s going to be a hard no on mark-up and all those add ons for me.
Old 09-27-21, 09:27 AM
NiteDipper
Rookie

The salesman I worked with said it wasn't available. On Lexus.com it shows the ML available as an option on the 'Luxury trim' and available as part of as package on the 'Premium trim'. It may not be available on the 'base trim' to push customers up to the 'premium trim' but I don't understand why it would not be offered on the 'BL trim'.
Old 09-27-21, 11:22 AM
CFAI
Instructor

Received 323 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by MrTorgue
That was also my thought. I really would like to explore this but I’ll need sons time for the ‘22 models to be everywhere so I can get my grubby hands on one to take apart. I’m really disappointed in all of these android radio things with carplay capability. We drive a few thousand miles a year on long road trips (almost ~7k miles this year alone) so carplay is just too important to not have it reliably. But I digress. It’s almost to the point of selling my 460 for something with it from the factory but not a new ‘22.
I have made my peace with the iPhone holder and accept the GX as it is. I can now sit back (well, sit up front paying attention to the road) and enjoy the ride

Quick Reply: 2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"