GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-21, 06:42 AM
2chains
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by llq
My order 2022 GX finally arrived and expected to get it next week if things go smoothly.

A few pictures from my sales rep.

This is a Canadian version with premium package.

@mehran888

Exact colour combo I'm looking for here in Alberta. Didn't think that combo was available for 2022 premium based on CDN build page. Love those rims!
Old 09-28-21, 01:55 PM
llq
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

The Canadian Lexus website vehicle building configuration is misleading. It kind of showing a US basic version with basic trim no matter what package you put on. I was disappointed when I tried my build on the website but grad to see it was just a website error. The exterior is same as year 2021 and you can get red with atomic sliver. You do need to get premium package in order to get red interior. It also includes the trim that the sport package in US offers.

Overall, it seems cheaper to get the GX in Canada if considering direct currency conversion. The Canadian base trim also gets the air suspension as well according to the website but not sure if it is error or not.
The following users liked this post:
2chains (09-29-21)
Old 10-01-21, 04:24 AM
M4rk
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by llq
The Canadian Lexus website vehicle building configuration is misleading. It kind of showing a US basic version with basic trim no matter what package you put on. I was disappointed when I tried my build on the website but grad to see it was just a website error. The exterior is same as year 2021 and you can get red with atomic sliver. You do need to get premium package in order to get red interior. It also includes the trim that the sport package in US offers.

Overall, it seems cheaper to get the GX in Canada if considering direct currency conversion. The Canadian base trim also gets the air suspension as well according to the website but not sure if it is error or not.
Happy to see the red tails remain. Enjoy your new GX!
Old 10-01-21, 08:24 AM
22GXOR
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Picked up our white BL the day before yesterday at MSRP. We put down a deposit in July and were told that Lexus's current policy is that deposited cars are not sold over MSRP.
This is our first Lexus and the first time ever buying a car at MSRP... not an easy pill to swallow, but I was able to negotiate a pretty good price for my trade.
I would highly recommend Lexus of Mt. Kisco (NY). Although there was quite a bit of negotiation, the experience there was very pleasant and professional.
I would ask to work with Tasbir.

Last edited by 22GXOR; 10-01-21 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-01-21, 03:20 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,652 Likes on 2,391 Posts

Another member here brought up to me PN about the Blackline bars

Bell Lexus told me --->

"It looks like I have part numbers now for the side rails in black; however there are none in the country they would go on back order.
As for the cross bars there are a few in the country, here is a link to them."

https://parts.belllexusnorthscottsda...ZQ3060205.html
Old 10-01-21, 03:30 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad
Another member here brought up to me PN about the Blackline bars

Bell Lexus told me --->

"It looks like I have part numbers now for the side rails in black; however there are none in the country they would go on back order.
As for the cross bars there are a few in the country, here is a link to them."

https://parts.belllexusnorthscottsda...ZQ3060205.html
I really hate the Toyota/Lexus parts sites and their horrible product info.

I'm tempted to order a set, however, I'm concerned they aren't going to be the right thing with the lack of product information.
PSea (08-10-22)
Old 10-01-21, 05:11 PM
JasonJi
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Is the Luxury trim worth the extra $8175? Comapre luxry trim $64935 to Premium $56760? Need your guys opinions
Old 10-01-21, 05:24 PM
jlficken
Intermediate

Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonJi
Is the Luxury trim worth the extra $8175? Comapre luxry trim $64935 to Premium $56760? Need your guys opinions
Only if it has the Off-Road package and you really want that in my opinion.
Old 10-02-21, 11:52 AM
NiteDipper
Rookie

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

It is subjective question. Off the top of my head some things your paying for are the power third row, luxury grade of leather, crawl control, ML audio, height adjustable air suspension and the availability of the exclusive off road option with a 360 degree view camera which adds 1500$ to the cost. The offroad option at 1500$ is worth the cost to me but not with the additional cost of 8175$ for trim level options I don't want. I think the Premium is the better choice if you plan to own the GX until the wheels fall off.

Last edited by NiteDipper; 10-02-21 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-02-21, 11:54 AM
CFAI
Instructor

Received 323 Likes on 220 Posts

Of course it is ultimately up to you, but I think the prem plus at $59,530 is the sweet spot (assuming you can get one, or are able to wait a bit for supply issues to clear up). That way you get all the prem upgrades and the ML stereo and electric folding third row seats (which IMO isn't such a big deal).
So for over $5k more than that, Lux will give you semi-aniline leather (vs Nulux), rear axle adjustable height, adaptive suspension, and options to add factory installed crawl control, and surround off road camera.
If it were me I would test drive all three to see if I cared about the adaptive suspension, if Nulux didn't feel as nice as the leather, and if the ML sound is much better than the standard audio unit (bring a few CDs as well as your phone or whatever you expect to play your music on) to hear the difference. And not just when parked, but on the road to see how much of any differences is affected by road/wind noise.
Old 10-03-21, 12:03 AM
NiteDipper
Rookie

Initial impressions (Black line features only). This is a subjective list. I was unaware of some of the items listed below when the deposit was placed on my BL GX. There were limited marketing photos that did not show the interior detail. This might provide some info for anyone considering ordering the BL without seeing and touching it first.
Cons:
1. ‘Plastic covers’ on the 'center console cup holder' and 'forward cubby', I expected wood covers.
2. Door sill lights? Are they the puddle lights or are the sill lights missing? The sills are not illuminated. It is listed as a feature on the BL but I think Lexus may have not installed it.
3. ML audio is not available as an option on the BL trim. This will be a con for some but I’m deaf so 'No Audio' is my only option.
4. No option for 2nd row captain’s chairs on the BL trim. I prefer having the extra seat/capacity of the split bench so it is not a con for me but could be for some.
5. Painted door handles are easier to scratch and would likely be more expensive to replace
Pros:
1. Painted door handles look really good.
2. Black headliner flows well with the black interior. This was more noticeable than I had thought it would be.
3. Darker interior plastic replaces most of the silver plastic found in the standard trims. The center stack bezel (plastic surround), gear selector, door trim and handles are a darker plastic giving the interior a bit more of an updated look verse the standard silver plastic.
4. Roof Rails from the Prado are only available on the BL trim and are a significant benefit to me. I have a roof top tent that I use a few times a year. I can mount the tent without buying/using an aftermarket roof rack.
5. Green Paint works well with the Black Chrome and blacked out window molding. The black wheels work with this color scheme but I would have preferred flat black verse a gloss black.
6. Contrasting seat color is more subtle than the marketing photos show.

Cost
The BL at 59260$ is comparable feature wise with the Premium at 56760$ with the premium package $1335. This results in the BL costing 1165$ more than the comparable Premium trim. The Premium trim with the package includes wood center console covers, the BL has plastic covers. For 1165$ on the BL you’re getting the Prado roof rails and the blacked-out bits and pieces along with the option to choose the Nori Green if that is your preference.

In the final analysis the BL is less configurable than the premium so if you don't care for the BL's config the premium offers more configurations at addition cost.
The cons listed above are insignificant from my point of view. It’s a great vehicle.

Last edited by NiteDipper; 10-03-21 at 03:20 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by NiteDipper:
Andeee (10-03-21), Siblue (10-03-21)
Old 10-03-21, 05:44 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,652 Likes on 2,391 Posts

Old 10-03-21, 01:46 PM
22GXOR
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteDipper
Initial impressions (Black line features only). This is a subjective list. I was unaware of some of the items listed below when the deposit was placed on my BL GX. There were limited marketing photos that did not show the interior detail. This might provide some info for anyone considering ordering the BL without seeing and touching it first.
Cons:
1. ‘Plastic covers’ on the 'center console cup holder' and 'forward cubby', I expected wood covers.
2. Door sill lights? Are they the puddle lights or are the sill lights missing? The sills are not illuminated. It is listed as a feature on the BL but I think Lexus may have not installed it.
3. ML audio is not available as an option on the BL trim. This will be a con for some but I’m deaf so 'No Audio' is my only option.
4. No option for 2nd row captain’s chairs on the BL trim. I prefer having the extra seat/capacity of the split bench so it is not a con for me but could be for some.
5. Painted door handles are easier to scratch and would likely be more expensive to replace
Pros:
1. Painted door handles look really good.
2. Black headliner flows well with the black interior. This was more noticeable than I had thought it would be.
3. Darker interior plastic replaces most of the silver plastic found in the standard trims. The center stack bezel (plastic surround), gear selector, door trim and handles are a darker plastic giving the interior a bit more of an updated look verse the standard silver plastic.
4. Roof Rails from the Prado are only available on the BL trim and are a significant benefit to me. I have a roof top tent that I use a few times a year. I can mount the tent without buying/using an aftermarket roof rack.
5. Green Paint works well with the Black Chrome and blacked out window molding. The black wheels work with this color scheme but I would have preferred flat black verse a gloss black.
6. Contrasting seat color is more subtle than the marketing photos show.

Cost
The BL at 59260$ is comparable feature wise with the Premium at 56760$ with the premium package $1335. This results in the BL costing 1165$ more than the comparable Premium trim. The Premium trim with the package includes wood center console covers, the BL has plastic covers. For 1165$ on the BL you’re getting the Prado roof rails and the blacked-out bits and pieces along with the option to choose the Nori Green if that is your preference.

In the final analysis the BL is less configurable than the premium so if you don't care for the BL's config the premium offers more configurations at addition cost.
The cons listed above are insignificant from my point of view. It’s a great vehicle.
One additional con I would add (IMO), is the front grill frame and rear license plate rails which are not really black, they are not the same color as the roof rails or window trim, which would've been nice, but they are some dark chrome paint that has a goldish tone to it in bright sunlight.
Aside from that I personally love the interior and agreed, great vehicle all around.
Old 10-03-21, 02:18 PM
NiteDipper
Rookie

Originally Posted by 22GXOR
One additional con I would add (IMO), is the front grill frame and rear license plate rails which are not really black, they are not the same color as the roof rails or window trim, which would've been nice, but they are some dark chrome paint that has a goldish tone to it in bright sunlight.
Aside from that I personally love the interior and agreed, great vehicle all around.
I went out and took a look at the Dark chrome in the sun and don't see gold in it. The flake in the green paint may have a gold tint. Then again maybe I don't have the acuity to see it. The dark chrome tones down the Grill when compared to the bright chrome. I think the grill surround painted to match the vehicle color might work also but not painted black on the green truck.

2chains (10-10-21)
Old 10-03-21, 02:38 PM
JasonJi
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone know the mainteance cost of 15Kmiles 20K 25K 30K miles? I paid $2200 for 30k miles maintenance.
After back home, I realized I made the wrong decision. Anyone knows how to cancel?
Should I contact dealer or LEXUS Financial?
I spent 5 hours in dealership to buy a car at MSRP
That's ridiculous. The sales tried many times to convince me rightnow all cars have a markup
Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: 2022 GX Discussion - Black Line Edition in black and Nori Green Pearl/ AA CP 10.3"